Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232734 times)

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #435 on: July 08, 2015, 11:59:03 am »

Pyrefly gave a hiss of pain and tried to move her arm away. This time, it hurt MUCH more then the throb from the now-healing-broken exoskeleton that made one of her arms useless. "Ok, that's a bit painful- very- ow." She somehow remarked calmly despite that.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 08, 2015, 12:05:56 pm »

Pyrefly gave a hiss of pain and tried to move her arm away. This time, it hurt MUCH more then the throb from the now-healing-broken exoskeleton that made one of her arms useless. "Ok, that's a bit painful- very- ow." She somehow remarked calmly despite that.
((WAUGH COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THE FIRE *HITS RETCON BUTTON*))
"Yeah...Having serious burns does that.  Try not to move for right now.  In fact, don't move that arm at all for a bit.  It needs to get a larger degree of healing done before you move.  Otherwise, well, you might break it again."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:27:11 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #437 on: July 08, 2015, 12:44:01 pm »

{how long wil i be in jail for? according to justice?}
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 08, 2015, 01:23:54 pm »

{A month. I believe that going forward months are going to be equivalent to non-combat turns, meaning that while a bunch of RP can happen {No real limit on number of posts}, each player gets one real project a month {Only one major action, like attempting to invent something or construct a particularly complex thing}. All this will need to be refined, of course.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 08, 2015, 03:26:49 pm »

{Also, because not combats are happening, y'all don't need to wait for updates, just don't move time much forward until I do updop.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 08, 2015, 05:08:16 pm »

This entry will cover a turn in large.  All other RP is within the context of this.
It will be changed as the circumstances do.
==Journal Entry==
==Month in Summary==
This is a journal.  All craftsdwarfship is of middling quality.  It appears to have been mass-produced.
Well.  In true Spearbreakers form, I've taken to journaling to keep my thoughts together.
Portal decided to bork.
Been fixing that.
Also added a small extra garden to my quarters.  They're actually quite nice.
Brewing up some mana potions.
the page has a blue stain
Aaaaand one just suffered a critical reaction.  Gah!
Well.
I have others.
Just need to get this stuff moving faster.
Dust bits from the FB are in my possession, at least.
Weaponization, however, depends on its method of operation and required reagents.

*the journal proper begins*
==Day +1==
After hearing about that diamond FB, it's going to be VERY useful.
And since no-one else wants, well, a corpse...
I got a couple dwarfs to sort through the FB, and I pulled the dust bits and a couple chunks of diamond, for later.

==19th Granite==
Right, I've gotten some stuff sorted out. Ordered up a couple parts from the smithies.
Other than that, I've got some conveniently-shaped pieces of diamond which I can use for the basic thaumic computer...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 01:03:24 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 08, 2015, 09:19:29 pm »

*pokes*

Also, I owe Amp a conversation, so if you want to work that in, somewhere? *looks at Amp*
/null
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 09, 2015, 12:21:41 am »

{Right, so, I just helped remove about two kilometers of fencing, which is why I disappeared for six hours without warning, sorry about that. While Biggerfish's great big journal works, I meant by 'don't move time forward much' that we shouldn't jump ahead like a month without finishing the scene, because whatever conversations need to happen would probably take place within hours-not-days.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 09, 2015, 09:02:25 am »

==Day +1==
==Whatever Dining Area Currently Exists==
"Oh, hey, Amp."
"I believe I still owe you some sort of more detailed explanation."
((Noep.))

==While I have a post, here, some journal!  Now with not-really-retcon!==
==Day +3==
Why the bloody heck is the thaumic background so weak here?  Good grief.
Going to need that supply drop sooner rather than later.  And hope it contains a bunch of things starting with Oct-.
Knowing that this was not exactly planned for, I can only hope that the suppliers have more sense than me.  Or are watching the fortress.  Either or.  Or both.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:05:00 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 09, 2015, 01:59:40 pm »

{I did say I'd rather not pull Spearbreakers into this.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 09, 2015, 02:14:54 pm »

{I did say I'd rather not pull Spearbreakers into this.}
((It's not.  Just some blueprints.  No Spearbreakers characters will make appearances, outside of, you know, referencing just where that blueprint came from.))
((I mean, unless the people who write various SB characters decide to bring them here for some reason.))
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 02:31:04 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 09, 2015, 03:45:21 pm »

{At least in part I mean that pulling tech/blueprints for tech from Spearbreakers would be sequence breaking, something I do not support. Everything I've made so far I {Like, the actual me, typing this} am personally capable of making from vague memories given time, resources, and a standard dwarven metalworking/alchemy industry, whereas getting a random interdimensional crate of sawhammers from Spearbreakers seems kinda out of place.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 09, 2015, 04:01:11 pm »

{Linking to this post;
"Oh, hey Amp.  We've met.  I'm from there, in a very roundabout way that I will hopefully explain after we get out of this cavern.  Can't risk FBs nomming on us again.  One question, though, is are you IC or RL.  Because while the Anachron would probably be very useful to have about, what sources I have, have informed me that you're not making nukes."

I hook the newcomer's shoulder with the stock of my rifle cane before he can walk to the elevator.

"No, I meant who the hell are you and what are you talking about. For that matter, how do you know my name? ...Well, not my real name, but for some reason when I try to say that I just get [REDACTED], so everyone ends up calling me Amp."

"Seriously, explain this stuff, because your gear was not made in this universe, and I'm not letting you pass until you explain."

I look... Understandably out of sorts, and the shard of diamond in my hand, stained with my own blood, is held in a vaguely threatening manner.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:04:09 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #448 on: July 09, 2015, 04:01:51 pm »

(hurry up. i wanna (i do?) rescue you guys and be free!)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 09, 2015, 04:05:13 pm »

{Gwolf, the crude elevator that the civvydorfs just got done making was your idea, you did save us.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 262