Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232338 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #3870 on: May 13, 2017, 03:21:05 am »

{You did not. Pretty easy to do, too. Not much good if you fight soldiers in platemail or much of anything with proper ranged weapons, but probably handy to have around.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: May 13, 2017, 07:51:38 pm »

Lord Lemonpie is recruiting for a scouting expedition into the caverns. Scraping up enough food for the journey is proving problematic, but a variety of people have already volunteered. One of the well-armed yet unprofessionally dressed dwarves who seem to be loyal to the local civilian authorities has brought a half dozen volunteers from the musketeers' corps to provide firepower. Additionally, three serfs and two of the local Lord's guard in their platemail have chosen to come.

The food issue must be accounted for, as must any desired equipment for the trip.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: May 15, 2017, 08:45:17 pm »

Sounds of frustrated dwarves came from the farmers' workshop.
"What do you mean 'dralthas aren't milkable'? Then what have I been milking all this years?
...Male dralthas what? Oh... Well, in any case, what am I suppoused to milk?
...Purring maggots? But I absolutely detest them! Where are they, anyway?
...What do you mean I have to go get my own! Oh, bloody 'ell okay, I'll head into the caverns.
Bloody deep dwarves..."
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Inconspicuous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: May 17, 2017, 12:48:13 pm »

The stranger enters the library secretively, and begins searching for something. He looks panicked, and is constantly looking over his shoulder to see if he's being watched.
I know it's your opinion, but your opinion is just WRONG.
-Yahtzee

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: May 17, 2017, 03:48:17 pm »

The library is a small, open room full of scholars. They give the stranger odd looks and keep an eye on him, but take no action so far.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: May 18, 2017, 07:14:06 pm »

Lord Lemonpie is recruiting for a scouting expedition into the caverns. Scraping up enough food for the journey is proving problematic, but a variety of people have already volunteered. One of the well-armed yet unprofessionally dressed dwarves who seem to be loyal to the local civilian authorities has brought a half dozen volunteers from the musketeers' corps to provide firepower. Additionally, three serfs and two of the local Lord's guard in their platemail have chosen to come.

The food issue must be accounted for, as must any desired equipment for the trip.

Mate the 888th approaches the expeditionary force wearing only his civilian clothing, a quarter-staff and a cat leather cap he totally didn't steal from the farmers.
"Oi, when is this starting? You reckon I could find any purring maggots down there?
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #3876 on: May 30, 2017, 04:10:17 pm »

After contemplentation, Moony considered the possibility of reinventing the electric trolley in this world. He will spend what time he can designing, gathering materials for, and building a concept run for this.
(( These trolleys, not the ones intended for transporting a person. And in this case, moony will be exchanging batteries for fixed railing, likely in the form of copper bars embeded into the floor, one for positive, one for negative. ))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:13:59 pm by MoonyTheHuman »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3877 on: June 02, 2017, 06:22:55 am »

After contemplentation, Moony considered the possibility of reinventing the electric trolley in this world. He will spend what time he can designing, gathering materials for, and building a concept run for this.
(( These trolleys, not the ones intended for transporting a person. And in this case, moony will be exchanging batteries for fixed railing, likely in the form of copper bars embeded into the floor, one for positive, one for negative. ))

!!☼((perfect steam engines))☼!!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: June 02, 2017, 11:31:51 am »

The stranger enters the library secretively, and begins searching for something. He looks panicked, and is constantly looking over his shoulder to see if he's being watched.
"Can I help you?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: June 03, 2017, 12:20:59 am »

{Well, the latest news is that I have a shitton of reality to deal with of late, and it's not going to go away before the end of the month.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #3880 on: June 13, 2017, 09:41:07 pm »

(( I dont think carrying lots of water around would be efficient :P ))

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3881 on: June 14, 2017, 01:14:34 am »

((you want rails. Trains are efficient on rails, and it's not a big problem to have a spare wagon of water/coal))

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #3882 on: June 29, 2017, 02:02:12 am »

((you want rails. Trains are efficient on rails, and it's not a big problem to have a spare wagon of water/coal))
((but muh uniqueness))

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3883 on: June 29, 2017, 09:34:40 am »

((trains!))
((but muh uniqueness))

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: June 29, 2017, 06:05:53 pm »

When a God knows Loss, Mortals Suffer....
When Porkins becomes lost, the fortress suffers......

Until now.......

Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 262