Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232797 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #300 on: June 22, 2015, 12:28:43 pm »

{Turns out I didn't need to leave quite yet.}
"Stubbers're dirt-simple to use, and the flares are fairly essential if you end up caught away from the keep down there, I'll explain any bits you don't understand on the way there. Otherwise, just grab a revolver, there's no safety, so you can just cock the hammer and pull the trigger four times in a row, then worry about me teaching you to reload. I don't expect small arms to do anything against the beast, by the way, but if it breaches our defenses in the cavern, smaller nasties are sure to follow through the hole."

I grab a simple chestguard made of linked overlapping steel plates with straps to go around the wearer's back and hold it on.

"Here ya go, Firefly, should work with the wings until we can get somethin' better made. After the battle."
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheLifeweaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 22, 2015, 12:41:43 pm »

The human nods as he grabs a Stubber and Revolver and stores them via leather straps on his half-plate. "How many levels down is the cavern?" He asked.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 22, 2015, 01:26:05 pm »

I grab a simple chestguard made of linked overlapping steel plates with straps to go around the wearer's back and hold it on.

"Here ya go, Firefly, should work with the wings until we can get somethin' better made. After the battle."

Pyrefly puts it on and makes sure she can still use her wings, hovering a second. "It's a bit heavy, but it'll work."
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 22, 2015, 10:55:15 pm »

"A long ways, maybe two hundred meters. The stone's deep here. I've been meaning to get an elevator or something built, but yeah."

After a moment's thought, I pick up a backpack marked with a red symbol in Dwarfish, then another stubber/revolver bandolier.

"You two stick with me. HEY, SARVESH! YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ON ME!"

Lance-Corporal Sarvesh and three slightly lower-ranking militiadorfs hop to follow us amid the chaotic mess of soldiers arming themselves and civilians keeping as many soldiers between them and the door as possible.

"Yessir. Where to?"

"We're off to kill a Forgotten Beast."

Sarvesh develops a remarkably confident expression, given how suicidal this probably is.

I leave the armory to see Blaze coming our way, now in full platemail, obviously using runic enhancements to allow it.

Throwing him the second weapons belt; "Take these and c'mere, we're gonna see what's going on in the caverns!"

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheLifeweaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 23, 2015, 02:23:54 am »

The Human nodded as he followed the Dwarf, however internally he knew if things didn't go their way he'd need to bolt out of here. After all, Forgotten Beasts were not beings to be messed with.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 23, 2015, 02:05:15 pm »

Pyrefly followed, a mix of nervousness and excitement flowing through her mind.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 23, 2015, 02:21:36 pm »

"diamond.....it had to be diamond...."

the forgotten beast arun bloodlett has come! a gigantic alligator made of diamond, beware is deadly dust!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 23, 2015, 02:45:55 pm »

{Y'know, I was planning on metal of some sort, probably copper or lead. Weak enough for us to kill reasonably, while still being able to shrug off cannonfire without much trouble. Whereas diamond is so absurdly hard it won't let anything actually penetrate it, but also so brittle that the beast would shatter like glass after a few bombardments.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheLifeweaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 23, 2015, 05:11:01 pm »

{Unless its magically enchanted to be more malleable... Ok I just figured out how to make diamond weaponry.} 

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 23, 2015, 05:50:24 pm »

{Yes, but that'd ruin the point of diamond. Plus it's light and can burn.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheLifeweaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 23, 2015, 06:01:42 pm »

{Sorry I meant a runic/gem enchantment to retain its sharpness but remove/lessen its brittleness.}

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 23, 2015, 06:25:42 pm »

{Hurray for glass/obsidian swords? Almost as good as diamonds, not nearly as hard to manufacture.}

We reach the stairs and begin the long spiral down as increasingly-ragged gunfire echoes around us to the tune of vast, inhuman rage and agony. And the sound of shattering stone. The beast roars again, but the cannons do not fire. It would appear that we have a problem.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheLifeweaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 23, 2015, 06:30:53 pm »

Talo looked at the cannons in panic, wondering why they hadn't fired. "What's the problem?" He asked aloud as the beast loomed before - a hideous monster. He wanted to run, desperately, yet where exactly could he go?

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 23, 2015, 06:49:59 pm »

Pyrefly followed Amper down the stairs and saw the beast and was frozen. It was the most beautiful thing she has seen, as it wasn't raw but it looked cut, refined, like a living statue. The different diamond colors made it look like a rainbow. The sparkling dust coming off of the beautiful monster only made it look more pretty, despite the chips from the attacks on the brittle being. She snapped out of it quickly as she realized this thing most likely killed others on it's way though and held up her shield. "Is that the forgotten beast?"
((I, and by extension, she sees things differently than others a lot.))

TheLifeweaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 23, 2015, 07:24:52 pm »

{I see it as a resource cache. A big...shiny resource cache.}
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 262