Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232792 times)

TheLifeweaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #285 on: June 21, 2015, 02:23:11 am »

"I'd be more than happy to assist. What in particular are you aiming to develop?" The human asked out of curiosity as he surveyed the various workshops. "Does this fortress have access to Magma or an abundant supply of fuel in order to generate the required heat needed for large-scale products?" He continued on as his head was swimming with ideas. {I'm also running on similar logic}

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 21, 2015, 02:33:25 pm »

"We have uranium. Beyond that, not a lot. The caverns are posing unexpected difficulties, so we haven't found the Magma Sea yet."

{This is in part a test, nobody local to this world knows what uranium is, much less what can be done with it.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheLifeweaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 21, 2015, 03:14:34 pm »

"I hope its well contained to avoid radi-" He cringes, realizing he may have made an error in judgement.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 21, 2015, 07:52:20 pm »

I grin broadly. "Hah. So you're from Home too, are ya? Where?"

"...Well, anyway, I wouldn't call the uranium contained so much as avoided, we stuck lead walls between us and the pitchblende ore wherever our tunnels got too close to it, and left it at that. Probably have a few miners with crippling lung cancer in a few years, but other than that it's no danger."

"If we have a good enough use for it we can make hazard gear and dig it out. The main problem's refining it, you have to get the 235 outta the useless slag and the 238 if you want any useful uranium, and I have no idea how. Plus I don't want to hand some hyperxenophobic Deep Dwarves nuclear weapons, which unlike actual useful reactors I probably could build given some time to mess around."
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheLifeweaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 21, 2015, 08:00:48 pm »

"I come from Scotland." The human replied as he considered what was said. There were more like him? From Earth?

He would have to consider this. "You also mentioned problems in the cavern. What sort of... FUN?" He asked.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 21, 2015, 08:07:14 pm »

"the underground creatures are getting antsy, we already had a-"

"FORGOTEN BEAST IN THE CAVERNS!"

"well theres my cue,.....DO NOT ENGAGE YET! WITH ANY LUCK IT WILL GET INTO THE TRAPS!....excuse me while I go get my armor"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 21, 2015, 08:21:44 pm »

"Did I hear 'forgotten beast in the caverns'?" The firefly woman curiously asked, popping out of seemingly nowhere after the yell.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 21, 2015, 08:54:22 pm »

My oversized revolver appears from apronspace again. "Blaze, get your armor and that fancy sword. Insect, Scotsman, follow me, we're getting a few things from the Armory before going after an eldritch abomination on its own turf."

Abruptly, a series of distant thuds, like brief thunder, echoes through the entire fort, punctuated by the sharp crack-crack-crack-crack of autogun fire and a pulsing rattle of muzzleloading small arms.

"That's the defenses opening up, the main gate to the surface can see it. We need to hurry."

« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 08:58:32 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 21, 2015, 09:12:31 pm »

Pyrefly followed him quickly. "Can I see it after it's dead? I've never seen one before. Am I gonna help fight it?"
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 21, 2015, 10:04:19 pm »

"Probably a better question is whether we can kill it, if that initial burst didn't stop it, it's stronger than most anything I've heard of, including a little something the Scotsman'll have heard of called a Main Battle Tank."

As I speak the heavy cannons fire again, a ragged series of bone-deep thundercracks as the lighter guns maintain their grueling rattle.

We, along with forty or so dwarves and the occasional human or elf, reach the Armory, yet another sturdy ironbound door leading off the main thoroughfare and into a long room, the walls lined with racks, most of those near the door full, but the rest empty. Armor, shields, axes, swords, all the wargear this world knows along one wall, and along the other... A lighter portable version of the autoguns defending the two gates, already being wheeled out into the main hallway by an obviously experienced team, enough muskets with their simple ammunition pouches for half the fort, revolver handguns like my own, a single rack of odd, heavy break-action things with stubby single barrels, each paired with a belt of differently painted waxcloth cartridges.

I grab a steel helm and coat-of-plates easily pulled on over my smith's leathers, accompanied by a war pick of some grainy dark metal from the old wall, then an obviously modified heavy musket and a stubgun from the other.

"Grab what you will if you know how to use it, otherwise take whatever armor fits you and a sword'n'board.

{Yay, worldbuilding textwalls.    ...I'm an amateur writer, guys.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 22, 2015, 01:00:22 am »

{FYI, two things; one, by 'grab what you will' I mean make stuff up and I'll tell you if you can't have it, but you probably can as long as it's fairly medieval-steampunk-y, two, is this purely RP or is it also partially a game, because if it is we need some kind of mechanic for, say, combat.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheLifeweaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 22, 2015, 02:54:20 am »

The human nodded as he removed his tattered cloak, to expose a rough suit of half-plate that look to have been somewhat protected from his travels. Pausing he pulled free a Rapier from his back-pack and grabbed a near-by shield. "If only it were possible to build a 14-inch Battleship cannon." He said rather sadly as he followed the others.

{Sorry ... kinda passed out last night}
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 03:09:56 am by TheLifeweaver »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 22, 2015, 11:59:27 am »

"It is possible, We have a couple forty-centimeter howitzers guarding the entrance, though black powder and round shot don't help their usefulness."

"If you have a good idea of how to use guns from back Home, I suggest you grab a stubgun, they're fairly versatile."

{No time for full post, see y'all after I move a stupid amount of fencing.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheLifeweaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 22, 2015, 12:04:59 pm »

"Sadly I don't have an understanding on their operation, how they work yes, but not how to use them." The human replied.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 22, 2015, 12:22:11 pm »

Pyrefly looks around before finding a sharpened shield. She grabs it. She noticed most of the armor wouldn't fit her body-type, but she put on 4 gauntlets and 2 boots, as well as a helmet. "Hey, can I request custom armor?"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 262