Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 233113 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #2250 on: January 28, 2016, 11:22:37 pm »

((Psst, your forum game needs more explanations, better stat assignment systems or whatever, and a splitting of magic level and tech level.))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:24:31 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: January 28, 2016, 11:24:41 pm »

As it turns out, it took the migrant wave a month and a half to arrive. The extra two weeks have been put to good use.

Fish: Research more healing magic and the razordust pores:

Magus Patham recedes into seclusion, accompanied only by his automaton. Proper understanding of these things will likely take months, since his prior experience has been in much higher-energy environments, where efficiency of this degree was unnecessary and little-considered. Some progress has certainly been made, however. The razordust pore is a genuinely remarkable object, and several more are secured from what has been moved to the surface stockpiles. While a safe way of replicating the Canteen has not been found so far, a fairly efficient way of creating slightly more directly effective, if less thorough, single-use variants, essentially enchanted poultices with a long shelf-life, has been developed, and a dozen are made up for emergencies.

Chaotic: Research more light sources and finish designing the dam:

Chaotic Skies spends the time working on the hydroelectric designs during the day, occasionally visiting the site to take more measurements, and spending the night hours experimenting with new technologies of illumination. Aside from some minor improvements to existing phosphorous flares, and getting a stable phosphorescent compound, he succeeds in creating two major advancements in the area: An oxyhydrogen blowtorch, and a limelight, using it to produce an intense white light from quicklime.  The fuel is a tad difficult to come by, seeing as it requires electricity to create, but existing crude voltaic cells will allow small quantities to be electrolyzed, enough for a few minutes of burn at a time.

Gwolfski: Research construction, especially subterranean:

The civil engineer, Gwolfski, spends the weeks diving into the library's few books on the subject, and making small scale models. He is, for now, the fort's authority on the subject, for whatever value of authority can be gained from a month of reading.

Porkins: Organise the preparation of the caverns for construction, and move valuables into storage:

Self-proclaimed "Lord" Porky, along with five of the surviving dwarves, spend their time clearing a great path on the cavern floor to the intended dam site. A considerable quantity of useable fungiwood, and of charcoal, is stockpiled at the base of the access column. Additionally, more chunks of corpse-diamond are moved, this time including a few larger lumps.

Hache: Be in prison, work on maps:

The imprisoned necromancer whiles away the endless hours, adjusting and re-adjusting his maps of all he has seen, and perhaps contemplating other matters.

Murdoc: Get orders rolling for any damage to the fort getting repaired, getting our dead buried and the rest of the corpses thrown in a hole or otherwise dealt with, that sort of thing. Order some trebuchets and ballista constructed, too, though idk that we have the dorfpower to actually get this all done in a month.

The Foreman gets most of the soldiers to work, first dynamiting a hole in a hill off a little ways from the fortress to inter the mass of corpse-flesh, which is then sealed with a solid slab of granite, engraved with old dwarven runes of grief, rest, and eternal burial, then repairing the ramparts and augmenting the limited heavy guns with a great antisiege trebuchet, the only real construction the soldiers are familiar with, having been trained to assemble them in the field.  The thing has a pile of great stones ready to throw, but a few weeks from the engineers, chemists, and gunsmiths among you would arm it with iron and dynamite. Eleven workers was barely enough, and they are both exhausted and further demoralized by the effort and stink.

Elagn:

The first of two newcomers settles in, setting up a workshop for fine glassworking, and constructing three magnifying tubes, one specialized for mounting on a rifle via adjustable bolts, the others compact and durable for personal use.

Moony:

The other newcomer begins the laborious and difficult process of building a somewhat advanced piece of industrial hardware effectively from scratch, ending this recording with two failed model prototypes, awaiting disposal for scrap, and a partially build third, this time at full scale. More work is needed, but this one is both a useable size and made of strong enough materials, so it should work.

NPC Actions:

The gunsmiths have repaired all remaining guns, though the damaged howitzer had to be completely scrapped, leaving an empty heavy artillery mounting ready for new uses.  Additionally, they have produced two new Rattler submachine guns, heavily upgraded in the fields of reliability and durability.  A long-range rifle has been developed from past work, likely more reliable, and man-portable, than the last ones, intended for mating with Elagn's scope. It will require new ammunition, of which only ten rounds have been made.

Five of the wounded have recovered partially, and no longer need care. Two others died of their wounds without access to antibiotics and high-octane healing magics, and the remaining three simply have too many broken bones and surgical scars to recover remotely quickly.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:20:12 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: January 28, 2016, 11:27:03 pm »

Nrrgh.
Get penicillin.
If at all possible.
Continue research.

Think about how to improve morale.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:31:54 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #2253 on: January 28, 2016, 11:30:31 pm »

(Shouldn't be too hard) Moony is bolting the last of the pieces into place, ready to make some copper wire for electronics "ok.... This here... That there..."

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: January 28, 2016, 11:32:42 pm »

((Psst, your forum game needs more explanations, better stat assignment systems or whatever, and a splitting of magic level and tech level.))

<<Huh. I never thought of that. Honestly, I suck at explanations/descriptions, and will rework the entire stats thing. I'll split the magic and tech thing, I don't know why I didn't think of that. Any more feedback from pretty much anyone?>>
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: January 28, 2016, 11:37:46 pm »

{Given the way I don't have any stats whatsoever, and things work out based on decisionmaking rather than wussy dice, I can't really criticize that area. Sounds neat, I've got too much on my hands with this and college to join in.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: January 28, 2016, 11:40:09 pm »

((This is actually probably more rigorously decided than anything with dice, though.  Assuming you do research.))
Sigtext

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #2257 on: January 28, 2016, 11:42:43 pm »

Moony is putting a copper bar through the extruded, where it comes out and is coiled onto a spool
"I did it. It works!"

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: January 28, 2016, 11:43:55 pm »

[Most sciencey stuff I've either done research on before, or do research on for this. The other stuff is fairly seat-of-the-pants, I'm afraid. If anybody would like something to be decided with dice rather than GMmandate, that's an option.]

[Moony, you generally don't get to decide whether or not your own things work, in games with a GM. :V]
Muh FG--OOC Thread

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #2259 on: January 28, 2016, 11:44:53 pm »

(Sorry, my fault xD)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2260 on: January 28, 2016, 11:52:16 pm »

Draft some plans for a nice dining room and get the aboveground gardens repaired. Try to keep the remaining fortress citizens occupied but not exhausted in the process, with light work assignments.

Work with our apparent resident glassmaker to see if we can get some sort of reinforced glass developed.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: January 28, 2016, 11:53:37 pm »

Posting to Watch.

Maybe to play.

Also going to read the whole of this stuff.

Gonna see if I can get anything worthy of the snipping tool!  ;D

*Holds up scissors and menacingly snips them*

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: January 28, 2016, 11:56:33 pm »

[Armok, why are there so many new people this month?]
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: January 28, 2016, 11:57:16 pm »

((Migrant wave.  ;P
Activity attracts activity.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: January 28, 2016, 11:58:19 pm »

[Evidently. Well, if I have time after two trig/calc word problems, I'll have the actual migrant wave show up.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 262