Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 233096 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #2100 on: January 25, 2016, 09:47:20 pm »

After some haggling, Murdoc manages to get the merchants leaving happy with several more of the decorated muskets, and a few ingots of gold to round things out. Fancy, extremely valuable by dint of novelty, but crude and unlikely to cause competition with the dwarves.

Patham begins further developing the concept that created his enchanted canteen. It shouldn't be too difficult to simply reproduce, though the power requirements will make it extremely dangerous without considerable work.

Gwolfski begins searching the library for books relevant to cavern and subterranean construction, one subject the local dwarves have down to a science.

Lord Porky begins helpfully moving more of the diamond Beast's corpse to the treasure room, and small fragments of the stuff begin to be seen in decorative positions around the fortress.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:50:10 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: January 25, 2016, 09:48:41 pm »

That reminds me, I have one of those razordust pore things.  Study it for weaponization.
Dangerous how?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: January 25, 2016, 09:51:32 pm »

[When you made the first one, the only reason the massive power requirements of enchanting it didn't cause brain damage was that we hadn't established that that would be a thing, and the result was still different than you wanted.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: January 25, 2016, 10:02:10 pm »

((Ah.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: January 25, 2016, 10:45:50 pm »

Begin research into something that glows. See if we can make something similar to a glowstick from Earth.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: January 27, 2016, 01:39:40 am »

[The next update will be a monthturn, so I'm kinda waiting to see if Murdoc has a long-action. Right now I've got these for the others:

Fish: Research more healing magic and the razordust pores.

Chaotic: Research more light sources and finish designing the dam.

Gwolfski: Research construction, especially subterranean.

Porkins: Organise the preparation of the caverns for construction, and move valuables into storage.

Hache: Be in prison, work on maps.

GMPC: Gun stuffs.

Local dorfs: Help everybody, where applicable.]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 01:44:14 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2106 on: January 27, 2016, 04:21:18 am »

>Get orders rolling for any damage to the fort getting repaired, getting our dead buried and the rest of the corpses thrown in a hole or otherwise dealt with, that sort of thing. Order some trebuchets and ballista constructed, too, though idk that we have the dorfpower to actually get this all done in a month.

Roll insight check to determine reliability of head-voice. Ask what to do if I -do- open the box.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: January 27, 2016, 09:23:32 pm »

Hi, I have been reading this for a while, and have wanted to join for a while, but I had a fairly non-magical entrance in mind, and the siege kinda delayed that. Since the caravan could get out though, I assume I could slip in past any remnants of the siege

A nondescript dwarf is seen approaching the gate, with a cart pulled by a single alpaca. Uppon reaching the gate, he inquires as to where he could apply for citizenship, and where he could find whoever is in charge of scientific research

Backstory:
I am a person from earth, transported to this world at the same time as the original people, but to an established fortress far away, on the ocean, with supplies of cinnabar, and a good glass-working industry. Being a physics student in my old life, I supported myself making optics from the glass, extracting mercury from the cinnabar for mirrors, and such. In the meantime, I worked to transcribe all I could remember of science from earth in secret. Uppon hearing merchants mention a new fort with strange weapons called "Guns", I figured I was probably not alone in being from Earth, considering even if the natives had developed firearms, they would almost certainly not have called them guns. Inquiring as to this fortresses location, I gathered a few things and emigrated, in search of the fort.

In my cart, there is a small quantity of food and drink, a decent quality spyglass, tools and molds for glass-working, a rather large book with all the math and science I could remember (annoyingly, much of the science useless, as the units of measure cannot be accurately reproduced), a rather large flask full of liquid mercury, and a sizable quantity of raw glass for usage in new projects. It is uncovered, and the only weapon is a bronze knife.

For Amp:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Einstein

"Measure what is measurable and make measurable what is not so" Galileo

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: January 27, 2016, 09:26:44 pm »

[I am most pleased. This meets my approval.]

[This does mean we can't go full monthturn yet, but howsabout y'all just RP for a little while, Elagn chooses a monthturn job, and we move on?]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 09:29:00 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: January 27, 2016, 09:33:25 pm »

After any initial meeting with people, my main work this month will be to set up a glass working area, then to make some good spyglasses and such, for viewing anything approaching the fortress from further away, and possibly some scopes for rifles.
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Einstein

"Measure what is measurable and make measurable what is not so" Galileo

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: January 27, 2016, 09:43:19 pm »

[Simple ones are basically the same thing, but in a more durable case and with some literal hairs across a lens in the right spot.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: January 27, 2016, 09:50:05 pm »

"Heya.  Talk to Amp.  Or any of the people that don't mess around in the cavern with explosives."
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: January 27, 2016, 09:51:43 pm »

"They do tend to be fairly confusing, yes. Hi. Where ya from, why ya here, what's yer name, etcetera. Please don't try to sabotage shit or anything, the soldiers will shoot you."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 09:55:46 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #2113 on: January 27, 2016, 10:11:04 pm »

*shows up in migrant wave*
Hi! Wait woah

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: January 27, 2016, 10:13:07 pm »

Upon seeing the particularly astonished ?dwarf?...
"Oh flying skeletal carp.  Not another one."
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 262