Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 233057 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #1920 on: January 12, 2016, 08:01:38 pm »

"Was gonna ask how much you knew about demonology. Something tells me it might be helpful. First, though, we've got a few slightly more pressing issues, like making sure we don't become zombies in the near future. Trading to get something useful off the merchants would be a good start; anything in particular you need?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: January 12, 2016, 08:09:27 pm »

"Can't think of anything right now...Other than more people.

Why demonology?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1922 on: January 13, 2016, 04:32:00 am »

"All this business with demigods and all that, the residents of Hell are probably involved somehow. Plus I'm pretty sure that whatever happened down in the caverns has something to do with 'em as well. I doubt that priest would answer my questions, if he knew anything at all.

Anyway, I should take care of those merchants."

>Go trade with the merchants. See what they've got that's valuable; ores, metals, etc, and try to get some.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: January 13, 2016, 05:09:50 am »

The merchants brought quite a variety of goods, mostly commodities and uncommon materials, since this fortress has shown no previous interest in bulk resources. Spices, rare  woods, metals not common to dwarven lands, liquor from half a dozen little kingdoms, books, and alchemical paraphernalia, even a glyph-rimmed box claimed to hold an arcane artifact of some sort. Several of the guards might even be persuaded to stay on as mercenaries here.

The difficulty, of course, is in paying for any of it. The merchants have as little interest in bulk, common things as the fortress, and your only real notable trade goods are all of sensitive nature, one way or another. Likely the easiest would be to haul up a chunk of the diamond beast in the basement, though that might bring up questions, and carries a risk of economic damage.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: January 15, 2016, 10:13:20 pm »

[I feel the three-day point is a good time for a GM bump.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: January 15, 2016, 10:18:03 pm »

"Do we even have a bookkeeper?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: January 16, 2016, 04:22:29 am »

{If there is, he's probably also a soldier, and less literate than you are. I'll wait on Murdoc's action before doing any real update.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1927 on: January 16, 2016, 04:25:12 am »

>Call fish over so he can Detect Magic the box, I guess, then conveniently leave right as he arrives with some excuse about work orders.
GM of Trespassers V2.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: January 16, 2016, 07:09:26 am »

Okay, check the box.
"...Well then."
Somebody is behaving oddly...
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: January 16, 2016, 02:12:42 pm »

The box is emitting some very interesting low-intensity waves, unfortunately revealing little about the contents. The glyphs on its surface appear to be very competent, and very thorough, shielding. Whatever else it is, this thing is the magical equivalent of a lead-walled box lined and surfaced with composite armor.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: January 16, 2016, 03:18:28 pm »

"What's in the containment box then?"
Sigtext

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1931 on: January 16, 2016, 07:18:54 pm »

get someone to open the box in a sealed room. 50 miles from here the dining room.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: January 16, 2016, 07:59:59 pm »

get someone to open the box in a sealed room. 50 miles from here the dining room.

[First you would have to get back to the surface, then purchase it, then convince somebody with arcane capabilities to do something that goddamn stupid.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: January 16, 2016, 08:10:49 pm »

<<Now I'm curious, but I have no clue what's going on...>>
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: January 16, 2016, 08:18:34 pm »

[Fish and Murdoc are considering what to buy from the caravan. There happens to be an unknown magical object in very thorough containment, and Gwolf wants to breach said containment in a public area. If you don't know what's going on, RP like it, that's what I do.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 262