Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 233024 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #1740 on: January 02, 2016, 09:42:38 pm »

"Alright, that sounds good to me. Give me a couple minutes to grab weapons and armor, and I'll be ready to go. And that monster sounds interesting, if dangerous."
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: January 02, 2016, 10:22:54 pm »

"Ah, yes. I'd been meaning to give you your gear, since you'll apparently be helping defend the fort."

He shows you to the general armory, and offers you what appears to be a dark-ages equivalent of the Homelander ALICE pack.

"You can carry your axe and the like with this, grab whichever spare bits of armor you like, and let's go."

Before picking out your weapons and armor, you check the contents of the carrier rig. Aside from various empty pouches and weapon lugs, it has a small leather box of dried mushrooms, a simple flask of booze, a small knife, and a stubby pistol of some sort with a variety of multicolored paper cartridges for it. Presumably it shoots flares and the like, though the thick barrel walls suggest that it could fire real rounds as well.

The armory itself has a wide variety of steel and leather armor, many local weapons, and a somewhat sparser selection of firearms.

One of the basement-dwelling engineers appears to have left for parts unknown. Perhaps he will return.

Spoiler: Murdoc (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:09:24 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 02, 2016, 10:36:56 pm »

"Okay, I can roll with this. Not sure what this pistol's for, but I'm going to assume someone will tell me ar some point."

I proceed to select a pair of steel armor that fits me, a steel sword, a submachine gun, and a regular pistol. I also grab a decent amount of ammo, and remind my self to grab my pick later.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 02, 2016, 10:59:08 pm »

You choose a simple mail hauberk, helm, and gauntlets. Light enough to be comfortable, strong enough to stop blades.

"Oh, the stubber. It's dark as the sixth hell away from our outposts in the caverns, you'll want to have the illuminator flares if we need to fight something."

He pulls a red-and-white cartridge from his own carrier, and points to your own. Half of the sixteen shells are the same, with four each of the other two sorts.

"The other kinds are for killing. Explosives and scattershot, plus the illuminators do splash nicely if you hit something with them."

"Oh, and be careful with that rattler, the things get dirty fast, and tend to blow up when they do."

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:12:26 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 02, 2016, 11:15:28 pm »

"Sounds farely simple. Keep your gun clean, we don't like explosions, flares are for light, bullets are for killing. Don't aim at friendlies, be semi-logical. This is something I can do."

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: January 02, 2016, 11:22:44 pm »

"Good. Let's go. Don't think there's anything dangerous between here and the river, but if you want to grab anybody else, now's the time. Anything goes really wrong, and the monster our esteemed magical madmen tamed should come burn it."

He leads you to grab whoever you feel is necessary, then to the head of a stairwell. There appears to be an elevator, but it's boarded up.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: January 02, 2016, 11:39:02 pm »

"I don't think we need anyone else. I'm just going to be observing for now, and like you said, if anything goes horribly wrong, we have a monster to watch our backs."

<<Sorry if I'm slightly slower to respond than usual, I'm giving myself a crash course in modding so that I can help with this.>>

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: January 03, 2016, 12:08:07 am »

{No problem, this is practically greased lightning by normal standards.}

After perhaps ten minutes and more than four hundred steps, you step out onto a stone platform next to the other end of the elevator shaft, which has clearly been blown up. The light of torches extends perhaps thirty meters in every direction from the great natural pillar you climbed through, revealing fortifications. Some amount of dim bioluminescence gives a general outline of the cavern roof, but the floor is shrouded in darkness.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 03, 2016, 12:22:16 am »

"I see what you mean, darker than the sixth hell. I can't see anything out there. Although I assume you know where we're going, correct?"

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: January 03, 2016, 12:40:40 am »

"About two kilometers southeast of the Pillar. We'll want lamps."

He shows you a small stone building against the pillar, which appears to hold some basic supplies for cavern exploration. Two lamps, burning cheap rock nut oil, are produced. Then, after a quick foray into a small, metal-walled cellar, some cardboard tubes.

"Dynamite. Never know when it'll come in handy."

As the two of you walk to the ramp leading from the platform to the cavern floor, you hear an odd, metallic grating.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: January 03, 2016, 12:44:07 am »

"What was that?"

I look around, alarmed.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: January 03, 2016, 12:44:53 am »

...Seeing no input from the priest, the magus heads to their other appointment with Murdoc.
"So.  You wanted to talk to me?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: January 03, 2016, 12:49:53 am »

Something moves in the darkness behind you with a great rattling and scraping of metal, then slithers toward you rapidly. As you turn again, a great serpentine thing rears up out of the blackness of the cavern floor, bladed wings spreading outwards as the core of it heats rapidly to cherry-red. Then your brain stretches violently.

NEW THING IS UNKNOWN NOT OF THIS PLACE NOT HATED OR UNHATED QUERY
Muh FG--OOC Thread

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: January 03, 2016, 01:01:27 am »

I grasp my head in pain

"AHH..Ow..I'm...friendly...I promise.."
 I say, wincing between words.

"What...are...you..?"

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: January 03, 2016, 02:01:47 am »

You briefly get a distinct feeling of being searched.

UNHATED AND KIN BUT NEWBORN TO THE NOTVOID BE IN PEACE I GREET YOU

The thing subsides, giving you a better view of it, triangular head, glowing eyes, serrated bladefeathers, and all, before it exhales a plume of white annihilation towards the cavern roof, folds its feathers inwards to seal away the heat, and takes off into the darkness with a concussion of impossible wingbeats.

"And that's the resident monster. Welcome to the safest halls short of the Mountainhome."

Given that the dwarf looks rather queasy, you doubt he's quite as calm about the whole thing as he'd like you to believe.

"Shall we depart?"
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 262