Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232891 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2015, 10:07:14 pm »

{I apologize again for my recent inaction, but I have kind of a lot going on right now, in and out of the Internet. If I'm lucky, this post will be edited into an actual storypost sometime later today.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2015, 05:19:52 pm »

-date unknown-

that trainer works fast. the gcs is already relatively docile (though it still seems a bit aggressive, and is led on a chain) it can even web on command now.

naturally, we webbed some of the traps outside, and in the caverns.

-date unknown-
the tower is done and the GCS set up. the cage traps beneath it are cushioned a bit so the fall will not be to hard on the flyers.

-date unknown- you remember those caverns we opened? remember how we webbed the traps?

we now have trapped a fire breathing feathered, and winged serpent....

its rather majestic I must say.....the red feathers mostly covering its black scales. and red feathery wings letting it fly.

I would not be surprised if it had a venomous bite.....

did I mention that its flesh and scales are made from steal......we better be careful with this one....

I have been toying with an idea though.......its insane, absurd, fool hardy and born of nigh suicidal thought.....
hopefully the power of narrative will let it work.

((ok discussion time, do you guys think it would be possible.....but very difficult. to tame a forgotten beast? they are essentially just animals))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2015, 06:12:23 pm »

{Well, you obviously can't do in in-game, but with intelligence? Hmm... Well, they are magical ancient evils, but that might also make them psuedosentient, making them cantidates for negotiation and/or conditioning by torture. It's worth a try, and honestly I think we should try it with a dragon, grapeshot making it frighteningly easy to simply defeat such a beast.}

We found the cavern layers, and a distinctly unpleasant beast to go with them. I shall have to put more thought into weapons for underground use. Flamethrowers? They were meant for trench warfare...

I have developed a compound that creates a frightening amount of sparks and heat when subjected to sharp impact. I don't know what exactly it consists of, chemically, as my materials are regrettably simplistic, but this makes many things a great deal easier, provided I can get cartridges made up.

{The intervening pages are filled with chemical equations and fractional measurements.}

Revolving cylinders, for the time being? Simply load each chamber, sealed with metal at one end and wax at the other, and switch out the cylinders whole? It works for small magazines, but for the automatics I still have in development...

{Mechanical diagrams and forging methods, this time.}

The surface entrance to the fortress is extremely heavily fortified, now. We have ten cannons of roughly eight-centimeter bore, two big howitzers of around twenty centimeters, mounted in stationary fashion amid the mechanisms necessary for their aiming, four mobile two-centimeter revolver cannons, of ten shots a "Ring" as the Dwarves are calling them, and a number of small arms; Sixty simple flintlock longarms, suitable for firing slugs or shot, ten of the rifled sharpshooter's guns I still need to refine, and some fifteen four-shot, one centimeter bore revolver handguns for selected personnel, one of which I carry, along with a superior, revolver-based version of the smoothbore longarms.

Two of the cannon, a new 2cm "Ring-Gun", and a third of the smoothbore long-guns have been moved to the Cavern Gate, along with the dwarves and supplies needed to operate them.

I shall have to speak with Wolf and Blaze about their Runesmithing. Ah, and conveniently the Mayor has called a meeting, I can meet them there.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:57:35 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2015, 06:02:59 pm »

-date unknown-

the elven guide to animal training.....
a nice little handbook, small enough to fit in my pocket. if found it in the library. I was told I could keep it because no one ever uses it and that we have an extra anyways.

one section in particular sticks out to me.

"taming of aggressive yet intelligent animals"
after reading the intro I went to this. (and now that I have read that im going back because I don't want to read this out of order)

the insane plan I mentioned before was to tame the forgotten beast some how. ahh.... it seems the mayor has called a meeting. I guess I can bring this with me.....

- ok im at the meeting now, oh hey there is amperzand.

just talked to him now, he wants to talk more about runes with me and wolf. I told him we could discus it over dinner in my room, I am a miner to after all so I expanded my own room into a bunch of rooms. including a small dining room. back home I would not have bothered with that, but I did not have much to do at the time so I decided why not.

anyways I digress. I wonder what this meeting Is about.

looks like this is about to start, one of the newer dwarves takes and looks at me disapprovingly, not used to me, and my habits, and also the kind of person that drives me crazy. obsessed with propriety and tradition, spends hours dressing, glares at the children when they make even the slightest complaint of anything.

reminds me of the stereotypical snooty rich lady in some of those movies. but I digress once again, my mind is all over the place tonight.

lots of topics tonight. he starts off commemorating our military on there diligent training and then leads into me. allow me to write this down before I forget.

"also...endlessblaze would you please stand?"
 (I snapped you closed and stood. though I continued to hold you, and my pen)
"for as long as our fortress has existed you have lived here and worked. though I was not here at the founding I have heard of how you were one of our first miners along with amperzand and a few others. you were the first to shape metal for this fortress, you fought the first battle against the goblins. and, though you are not an actual part of our military, have long trained by there side. you taught many of the children to defend themselves and continue to do so.

you created this forts first artifact. and more recently breached the caverns to save a child from a failed mood. though some think you are crazy, or a danger to our culture and tradition, you truly have the respect of the fort. well....except for a few but there is always a few fools around. HAHAHA

(I laughed to, as did much of the crowed, that dwarf has an infectious laugh)
"well mayor I may very well be crazy, but let me tell you, normal is overrated"
(another round of laughter)

"well then I hope one of these days I will be as crazy as you are, but jokes aside I am glad to know that you stand with us. you may be seated, or you can go home, I know how much you like to be by yourself"
(there was clapping and I sat down)
"thank you mayor but I think I will be staying for right now.

--

im guessing he is going to talk about- yep, amperzand is being asked to stand now.

((amperzand your move stand up and have the mayor talk about you. after this im thinking we have him talk about a few more things and then go roleplay post for eating in my room, wolf too if he shows up....speaking off......................DANG IT GUYS START POSTING! IF AMPERZAND AND I ARE THE ONLY ONES DOING THIS THEN WE COULD JUST DO PM!))

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2015, 07:19:02 pm »

{Hah, indeed. It would be nice to have a few more posters around. HINT HINT.}
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:20:53 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2015, 07:23:36 pm »

((yep.....now....why youz no post entry when youz OOC responded?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2015, 07:46:20 pm »

{Kuz I almost always post in well-edited wall-o-text form, which takes some time to type out, plus I didn't have a good idea for what to write.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2015, 07:52:26 pm »

((dont think  to hard about what to write, just let the story overtake you.))

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2015, 07:54:51 pm »

{Oh, I don't, but I usually need an idea to start with, and today has been rather tiring.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2015, 07:57:46 pm »

((listien to some music, i like music games myself as long as its the mayor talking about you and your acompleshments or somesuch just let it allllll flow.))

edit- games music, not music games, silly me
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 06:19:53 am by endlessblaze »

MrCompassionate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2015, 09:54:56 pm »

It's the late spring of... I don't remember....

I remember something, a glowing box? A table? Drinks?
Ah well, must have been a dream. Or more probably some confounded sorcery! Lemmie tell you, this fort is damn RIFE with airy-fairy magic. Some tree hugger is walking around bold as anything bragging about heating up swords! We've been heating swords for thousands of years and now the elf wants a medal? Please.

Poor me, a migrant wave of one person? I was lucky to get here in one peice with bogeymen about. How did I do that anyways? Can't remember...

Anyways I'm here now, that's the important thing. Overseer left a message near the floor where I sleep that we need crowns. I don't know jack from s**t about crafting but thats the rules for a migrant, you know? Sucker probably had nobles breathing down his neck for crowns so he just assigned random nobodies with No Job to crafting. All well for him sleeping in his cushy microcline bed in his fancy 1x2 room! I gotta sleep here in the soil making garbage!

You know what? Sure overseer. I'll make your crafts. But I'm not so good at crafting you know? I might mix things up, yeah? I might make, oh lets see, 4 statuettes, 7 rings, an amulet, 3 bracelets and OH a CROWN you said? Deary me must have slipped my mind, too distracted from sleeping on this floor. Yes I will surely make you One crown.

Maybe he'll get the hint eventually.
NOW THE DEMONS OF THE UNDERWORLD SHALL SHARE IN MY HELL! NOTHING IS WORSE THAN A RAVEN CORPSE! NOTHING!

MrCompassionate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2015, 09:55:39 pm »

(ignore this)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:31:20 pm by MrCompassionate »
NOW THE DEMONS OF THE UNDERWORLD SHALL SHARE IN MY HELL! NOTHING IS WORSE THAN A RAVEN CORPSE! NOTHING!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2015, 02:17:17 am »

Either delete the content of one post and replace it with something along the lines of {I removed this post for reasons, ignore it.} or ask a moderator directly to delete your post.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2015, 07:00:18 pm »

((-the net likes to trick me to, if It looks like its not posting I copy the post then refresh, that way I can see if it posted.

anyways.... are you playing the disapproving dwarf in my entry or what?... wait....do we even have an overseer? i was under the impression you ust needed to convince a few dwarvs to do something,  and they did it.))
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:10:26 pm by endlessblaze »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2015, 01:36:26 am »

{Okay, so, to start with, I'm going to assume that all of the Starting Seven were Bay12ers, regardless of not actually having that many posters yet. That said, I'm acting under the assumption that dwarves are drunken idiots who will consider any orders given them with the same intoxicant-ridden respect, so we have a fairly good chance of being able to tell them what to do. Other than that, I don't think we have an in-game style semiomniscient Overseer, so much as actual governmental figures, like the Mayor, the Expedition Leader, and any targets nobles that show up.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 262