Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232640 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #1140 on: September 21, 2015, 04:58:49 pm »

{He'll need it, at this rate.}

Seriously though, where'd Murdoc and Hache go? You haven't done anything I can updop, which means I kinda can't updop.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1141 on: September 21, 2015, 05:15:36 pm »

((Murdoc cancels post: Water in keyboard ))

I swing my pick at the evil leg thing.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 21, 2015, 09:13:16 pm »

{Ouch.  :-\ That sucks, what'd you end up having to do?}

[Update upon action by secondary party.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1143 on: September 22, 2015, 04:34:45 am »

its amazing what computers can survive. i once accidently dropped a laptop into water, and it worked. After a month. on the heater.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 23, 2015, 07:11:41 pm »

No, but seriously, does Hache still exist?
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 25, 2015, 11:42:53 am »

*the pick would strike the small abomination, probably killing it and injuring the stranger's leg.
as a result, the (now seriously wounded) stranger would give in to pain, and pass out.*

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 27, 2015, 01:27:39 am »

>no compatible consoles found

>"Localscope" not found

>total of: {3} active system users in area

>security clearance required for full command access: {N/A}

----------
INPUT COMMAND?
----------
//_

Within the hospital, the Head Physician, currently hiding in a broom closet, dimly hears the high warble of his new alert system. He takes this as a sign that superior concealment is necessary, donning a mop-wig.

The Woundbinder reaches the fortress' inner gate, the last major line of defense. It is sealed, apparently somebody hit the emergency drop lever when those berserkers earlier tried to kill everyone.

The howitzers fire again, this time out of sequence, a fifteen-second series of echoing thunderclaps filling the upper fortifications with smoke. The Woundbinder hears, a few moments later, the sounds of their impacts out beyond the wall, uncomfortably close and loud, despite the firing of other cannons and small arms everywhere.

The enemy have reached the wall, patchily. Everything within a hundred meters of the outer gate is drenched with flame as incendiaries and explosives detonate patchily across the battlefield. The undead are not particularly tough, on the whole, but with crude heavy armor bound to their frames and a team of lesser necromancers keeping them active, many of them take a great deal of killing, while mercenary archers rain bronze-headed shafts upon the defenders.

The battle is not one-sided. The dwarves are losing people too, though with the level of ruin leveled against anything within range of the fort's guns, they have the advantage. For now.

In the moving elevator, the Foreman, realizing that he should perhaps strike against the small, oddly-obscene eldritch horror rather than the injured mage, swings his pick with all force, heavy steel smashing into corrupted flesh with a dull splarch. Both parties look on in horror as the nasty little thing clings to the weapon's blade, tendrils stretching between its host's tissues and the tool's blackened steel head when Murdoc tries to pull away. It makes a thin screeling noise, like a malevolent embryo.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 01:29:48 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: September 28, 2015, 04:01:07 pm »

>list users
>Physician:What exactly happened to the bit where YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A DOCTOR.  GO DO THAT.  AT THE GATE.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1148 on: October 03, 2015, 01:52:12 pm »

*bump*

how strong is cast iron?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 03, 2015, 01:55:18 pm »

{Fairly. It's quite hard, harder than most other ways of shaping metal, but that makes it quite weak for many applications. It makes terrible armor and gun-barrels, for instance.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1150 on: October 03, 2015, 01:56:27 pm »

but cannons are cast iron

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 03, 2015, 02:16:57 pm »

{Welp. This is true. Cast iron, of the sort used in pots and pans, uses somewhat different metallurgy than that used in cannon barrels. I'm not actually sure to what degree dwarves possess advanced metal-working technology. You'll notice from images of very old guns that they had extremely thick barrels. This was to compensate for their weak material, since they used fairly primitive ironworking.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1152 on: October 03, 2015, 03:01:43 pm »

'Right, Mr. Metalsmith. What is the strongest iron we are able to produce? Including Steamrolledtm(from my steam machinery)'

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 03, 2015, 04:26:42 pm »

((When did you make a steam press?  Also, you are NOT allowed to ignore the alert sirens blaring if you're OUT TRYING TO ASK PEOPLE STUFF.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1154 on: October 04, 2015, 02:41:57 am »

((When did you make a steam press?  Also, you are NOT allowed to ignore the alert sirens blaring if you're OUT TRYING TO ASK PEOPLE STUFF.))

[he is with me in my basement in the caverns preferring to be here than on the surface

That is what I was doing. steam machinery for quicker production. I think I mentioned that some time back.}
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 262