Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Things that made you feel better today.  (Read 22656 times)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you feel better today.
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2024, 12:32:15 pm »

There's a quite large orb weaver spider in the trees in front of my office window.  I'm watching it construct its web after the one it had yesterday got rained out.  This spider is missing two of its legs on one side, and it's still building the web like a champ.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2024, 01:31:09 pm »

This thread.
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2024, 02:10:21 pm »

Been chatting at someone for a week. It's taken an unexpected but not unwelcome turn and we're just talking straight to each other now, the veil of "I don't really know you" has been pulled away. Pretty exciting.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2024, 12:09:57 pm »

[Please do not Quote]

Ignoring internet drama and focusing on nicer things.

There is a stray cat and an owl who, maybe I'm imagining it, but seem to be working together. Two nocturnal hunters.... Part of me thinks that owl would probably eat the cat and the cat would probably eat the owl if either one had the chance. But, it doesn't hurt to imagine. Probably how several children's books got written. Unless a bear, tiger, kangaroo, owl, piglet and donkey being friends is normal. Whatever.

There's a woodpile around where the owl can't get at the chip monks or squirrels or the occasional mouse, but that's ok, because the cat is on it flushing them out.
Also, those squirrels end up getting chased down by the owl where the cat can get them. Meanwhile there's a very disinterested racoon just chilling about 30 feet below the owl in the same tree.

First time I saw it, it freaked me out a bit, but it's actually somewhat entertaining.

[Please do not Quote]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2024, 12:46:56 pm »

For what it's worth, it depends a lot on how large the respective critters are. The non-giant owls predate pretty heavily on kittens, but they go after adult cats less often and, as far as I'm aware, cats don't really go after owls much at all (too much effort to get to them and the predator relationship there is in the other direction, heh). Wouldn't be surprised if they learned to take advantage of each other's hunting habits if they're past the point of trying to eat each other, though... you see that somewhat often with predator species sharing hunting grounds.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2024, 09:30:20 am »

I don't know, probably.

They don't usually get this close and also not cat but something like this overall:
https://i.imgur.com/NDbg8O7.mp4

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2024, 05:57:18 pm »

GUYS LOOK!!! TRUEAN HAS FORGOTTEN TO SET THEIR PROTECTIVE RUNES!!! THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO QUOTE THEM!!!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2024, 02:07:25 pm »

[Please do not Quote]

Alright, alright. Come on now.... I'm gonna go ahead and say the long drawn out reason I have to do that doesn't qualify as "feel better." Not exactly in the spirit of the thread. Whatever.

Anyhow: In reference to prior post on stray cat and owl they look strikingly like this but nowhere near as friendly with each other. not hostile, but I don't think the "playing happens."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK9KfeleYkA

On another note, Manager at restaurant I go to stated essay of kid working there did fantastic, due to my suggestions. Something about clarity and being persuasive.... Also the teacher seems to have thought it was great, etc. Short version, from what I was told, this means said kid can work more for the next two weeks and I was given food. Meh, I'm like their best customer anyhow, and I've off handedly given management suggestions they implimented from when I did that, but still nice. 

[Please do not Quote]

Please don't quote me.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2024, 05:41:14 am »

I have been having a good time with the ebay purchased GPDWIN4 (2023 model), which is working great with SteamOS (via HoloISO).

Been getting all my goodies loaded onto it, set up, and ready to roll.  Its gonna take me a few days to get my whole collection set up, but so far so good!

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2024, 09:14:35 pm »

Sounds nice. I'm not sure exactly what that is but I am imagining a computer thing. I am glad that you are glad. I don't really understand what you mean by setting up your whole collection though (of Steam games?).

I just got fiber internet. It is a lot faster. Honestly I didn't have a choice, because the local company is making everyone get off the old cable stuff and use this.
They decided not to charge me for the installation fee, because they were 3 days late installing it and had to repeatedly reschedule. They told me I was the most calm person they talked to on the phone about it and everyone else was very understandably upset. I told them I understood it was not their fault and that I wasn't gonna lie, it kinda sucked but there was no point in me screaming at them or whatever. I have totally been the person on the phone where they are. So I saved like $50 in installation fees!

Also, the guy who came to rip out all the old cable wiring and put in the new fiber stuff was super nice to me. He set up everything customers usually have to do themselves. He rearranged the furniture to put it back because he knows I can't.

I have all the old cable wiring (like at least 300 feet of it) that used to be going from the power lines to my place just sitting in my outside trash can where the installer guy put it. if only the copper thieves knew....

So I guess that's faster internet I didn't have to pay the installation fee and a nice installer guy. I'll take it. :)

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 19, 2024, 03:38:45 am »

Cautiously relieved to see a Democrat getting more support than Trump this year.
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 19, 2024, 06:21:31 am »

Cautiously relieved to see a Democrat getting more support than Trump this year.

At least you're seeing it. I just saw on the news that our county's police department is fully endorsing Trump. My family are hardliners, and my mom's best friend said a few days ago that if Trump loses there'll be widespread violence, with the implication that's she's more than willing to pick up a gun if the democratic process doesn't go her way. She was stinking drunk at the time, but still. My mom's BF's entire street(which is the next to ours) is Trump banners.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 19, 2024, 09:03:29 am »

I am in Beijing now, and I am ready to go to the Tiananmen Square and watch the Flag-raising ceremony,  hopefully I can get the golden place and enjoy this holy moment .
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2024, 02:56:18 am »

Sounds nice. I'm not sure exactly what that is but I am imagining a computer thing. I am glad that you are glad. I don't really understand what you mean by setting up your whole collection though (of Steam games?).

I just got fiber internet. It is a lot faster. Honestly I didn't have a choice, because the local company is making everyone get off the old cable stuff and use this.
They decided not to charge me for the installation fee, because they were 3 days late installing it and had to repeatedly reschedule. They told me I was the most calm person they talked to on the phone about it and everyone else was very understandably upset. I told them I understood it was not their fault and that I wasn't gonna lie, it kinda sucked but there was no point in me screaming at them or whatever. I have totally been the person on the phone where they are. So I saved like $50 in installation fees!

Also, the guy who came to rip out all the old cable wiring and put in the new fiber stuff was super nice to me. He set up everything customers usually have to do themselves. He rearranged the furniture to put it back because he knows I can't.

I have all the old cable wiring (like at least 300 feet of it) that used to be going from the power lines to my place just sitting in my outside trash can where the installer guy put it. if only the copper thieves knew....

So I guess that's faster internet I didn't have to pay the installation fee and a nice installer guy. I'll take it. :)

think, "Semimodern gaming PC", but "Crammed into a handheld game console"
https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-PC-Console-Gameplayer-1920X1080-TouchScreen/dp/B0BZWSDGTM

SteamOS is Valve's operating system for their own product, the SteamDeck.
https://www.amazon.com/Valve-Steam-Deck-64-GB/dp/B0BFC555RF

And yeah, getting my steam library (and library of non-steam games) all set up and working.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2024, 05:43:37 am »

Im a sucker for a full keyboard... Had i I bought any wingpd instead of playing around with 3d printing and sbc, I would have been much happier. They're super neat.
let
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13