Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: IGF: Characters chosen, Turn 0 start!  (Read 3894 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: In Giant's Footprints - signups now!
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 12:11:46 pm »

Spoiler: Joan Grayhan (click to show/hide)
So Joan looks just like your forum avatar? Easy enough, I would probably do something similar if we were allowed to play as sentient fire.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: In Giant's Footprints - signups now!
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 01:15:58 pm »

Spoiler: Joan Grayhan (click to show/hide)
So Joan looks just like your forum avatar? Easy enough, I would probably do something similar if we were allowed to play as sentient fire.
O__o
...I did not draw any idea of that sort until you mentioned it at all; my forum avatar has its background drawn purely out of pure imagination (as in, I had no idea what background I wanted to give it, so it first started with drawing a wooden column, which transformed into a side-stairs, then an arch, which became the ship-side).

I am very much surprised by this revelation.
Though the coat doesn't necessarily exactly match, that's...a very distinct similarity ._.
This is shocking.  :-\

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
IGF: Characters chosen, Turn 0 start!
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2015, 05:40:51 pm »

The following players are in: Caellath, AoshimaMichio, GiglameshDespair, Harry Baldman, Tiruin. Everyone else, better luck next time. And if you haven't posted anything in the, what, two weeks now, you only have yourself to blame.
Now get to posting these actions! If you have forgotten, I'll send PMs soon!

---

Afternoon. The sun is starting to set, but the heat remains, and the smell may remain in your noses for eternity. But, at last, your ride has come to an end.

Your coach has stopped at what passes for a coaching inn in these lands. Business seems a bit slow today, though the place doesn't appear to be run-down. It's built outside the city walls of what used to be a small city, but judging by the amount of buildings outside the wall, this city is growing. Bustling. Booming, even.

...and that one glance accounts for all you know about this place, or this region, or anything. Nobody of you has been here before. Client has to be insane. All you know is that an informant is going to come to this inn when the sun sets, that he's going to provide you with some leads or maybe some goddamn idea of where you are and why you are where you are. The man is 'impossible to miss', your coach driver has claimed before he buggered off to clog his system with liquid happiness. You're expecting the worst. Even after getting 80 reds per person as a provision. Apparently the local coin's called a red, who knew? Who thinks of names like that?

Maybe this world will make some more sense at dusk, but what will you do now?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 05:52:48 pm by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: IGF: Characters chosen, Turn 0 start!
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2015, 06:08:28 pm »

The witchhunter exitted the wagon with almost unseemly haste. By the Ancients, that man stunk. She headed into the Inn and looked around. Perhaps there was someone she could grill for information.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2015, 06:28:22 pm »

Aw, I don't get to play, oh well, I can still add COMMENTARY

Also, you guys got ripped off on this mission, it's probably worth at least a yellow for what you'll face...

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2015, 10:25:27 pm »

((Forgot to delete the Wip status if it means anything. Whoops. Good luck people.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2015, 06:08:17 am »

All this excitement has Graeme almost forget the most important thing of all.

"I dreamt of me mother!" he says, half to himself, half to Joan, leaning toward her, but not making eye contact. He looks and sounds feverish, and he may be experiencing a little heatstroke. "She was skipping on a field, throwing seeds around, only they was evil seeds! Datura! Poison oak! And she was screaming like the dickens, too, I tells you! Had the evil in her, too, that's where the seeds was coming from. I thinks there might be-"

He pauses, looking around silently.

Listen for the sound of water being poured or running of its own inclination. Can I hear anything of that nature? Investigate if yes. Take my mace and shield along.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2015, 10:44:31 am »

Wander around looking for local healers. If found ask if this area has any unique healing herbs not found elsewhere. If yes, ask for description, properties, usage and where those herbs can be found.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2015, 08:02:39 pm »

Durand pinched the bridge of his nose for a moment as he left the coach with all due haste, trying to get a good distance away from it before he had to take in fresh air. Sweating was normal when it was hot, but smelling like an old goat was certainly unnatural even for someone like him, who was a freelancer and tried to make sure he remained at all times presentable. The client may even have seemed a bit stupid judging by the excessive secrecy and lack of provided details, but the fact the city they've traveled to seems to have gone through exponential growth is not lost on him.

"The sun is already setting." he points out before heading straight to the inn. He'd rather not miss the "impossible to miss" informant and make his job even harder.

To the inn, wait until the sun sets.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2015, 08:27:20 pm »

"I dreamt of me mother!" he says, half to himself, half to Joan, leaning toward her, but not making eye contact. He looks and sounds feverish, and he may be experiencing a little heatstroke. "She was skipping on a field, throwing seeds around, only they was evil seeds! Datura! Poison oak! And she was screaming like the dickens, too, I tells you! Had the evil in her, too, that's where the seeds was coming from. I thinks there might be-"
I'm a bit disappointed nobody has made a joke about his mother sowing her wild oats yet... I mean, it's the perfect set up...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2015, 02:37:23 am »

((GAH, sorry, thought I posted--should've checked if the post went through))

Stay with Graeme and keep a watchful eye out for anything...different, from experience, at this time of day.

"You all go ahead, I'll provide company for the rest who...stay outside." Joan said, noting Graeme's demeanor. He reminded her of sailor-fever, where one would embark on perilous journeys with a very curious streak and mind, sometimes to come back with great tales of glory and legend (which, as still confusing to her, made part of the legends of their area as they were factual).

What really made her want to stay with him, was that note on his mother.

Homesickness was something she could really understand. At times, it just crept up on you at random.

Also try to conceal crossbow by making self look casual.
Pages: 1 2 [3]