Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Evolve 1.0 - (7/7) - Year (01) (Not the console game)  (Read 4659 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolve 1.0 - (7/7) - Year (00) (Not the console game)
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2015, 10:23:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2015, 03:03:23 pm »

((I think they're saving PP))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2015, 03:46:33 pm »

((So what do you guys think of the new PP I proposed))
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2015, 03:49:37 pm »

((Everything except PP for the number of animals/plants is good))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2015, 07:12:16 pm »

Year 00
The begging of earth is always an eventful one. With new animals and vegetation sprouting up all around!

New Animals
Code: [Select]
Giant Desert Grass - Vegetable
Amount: 1
Climate: Deserts

Giant
Hardening "skin"

Giant desert grass is a species of grass whose individual leaf things (the actual grass) can grow to massive heights. The older the individual grass, the harder its "skin" becomes, with its top being fairly soft and its bottom being very hard. It reproduces by sending out underground shoots which can be eaten by herbivorous creatures.

--

Yellow Moss - Plant
Amount: 2 (50)
Climate: Tundra

Thrives with little oxygen
Needs little water
Reproduces using spores
Grows nearly anywhere in tundra

Total: 10 PP

Basic description: Green and soft.

--

Blackroot - Plant
Amount - 2
Climate - Anywhere it can reach, excluding deserts (this exclusion includes arctic deserts.) Although it grows better in forest and jungle biomes.
Traits:

Extremely resilient.
Difficult to completely kill.
Rapid reproduction.
Nutrient hogging.

Total cost: 10pp.

A viney black plant. Early lifecycle involves burrowing into the ground and spreading its roots several meters in every direction before sprouting vines above ground at random points along these roots. These new sprouts would be qualified as new plants. As long as there are roots underground, Blackeoot will sprout. The vines are quite tasty and nutritious, although the roots are both bitter and unappetizing. The soil around large clusters of Blackroot will slowly lose its luster over time, the nutrients going straight to the vines. Should a given vine gain a certain level of nutrition, it buds into a fleshy looking flower veined in black, which releases a number spores. Said spores drift in the winds before landing on something and repeating the cycle.

--

Mountain Troll - Animal
Amount: 4
Climate: Mountainous
Big
Tough Skin
Large Serrated Claws

--

Matalain - Animal

Amount - 4
Climate - Rainforest/Jungle
Poison Hide (not lethally poisonous, just toxic)
Stealth Hunter
Sharp Claws and Teeth

A reptilian feline; hunts in packs or alone; uses its claws and teeth to disable its prey; gets a great deal of its water from eating what it kills.

--

Sand Mammoth-Animal
Amount: 2
Climate: Deserts and Barren Wastelands
Giant- 15 feet tall and 10 feet wide
Aggressive and Territorial
Lined with spikes and barbs and tough skin
Lasts months without water or food

A giant elephant/reptilian creature that roams the desolate lands and devours those unfortunate to meet them

--

Anchor Worms-Animal
Amount: 0 (I'm designing it this year and I'll spawn it next year. Due to the five year immunity I can do this.)
Climate: Forest dirt and general subterranean
Burrowers (Like their homes are miles deep)
Camouflage
Poison Bite (though herbivores and mostly in self defense or as a final "fuck you" after being eaten)
Fast breeding
Breaking hives (small groups of ten that split when they reach 15 to start a new hive)

Now in the world are!

Code: [Select]
25 Giant Desert Grass
50 Yellow Moss
50 Blackroots
100 Mountain Troll's
100 Matalain's
50 Sand Mammoths
Unknown Anchor Worm eggs

Now, as time goes on, you gods would like to collaborate. So, here are some rules. You must ask for someone to collab with you, and if they yes, hooray! This animal is each of your animals. You combine your points to make it.

Sentient Creatures cost 20 PP to make plus the original cost. However, they can prey and worship. Which will give you certain bonuses!

Any more suggestions, comment!

Let Year 1 Begin!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2015, 07:30:08 pm »

I'm gonna drop out. Sorry.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2015, 07:43:45 pm »

I'm gonna drop out. Sorry.
Noooo... Woohoo! Less competition!
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2015, 07:45:13 pm »

Also, how does location work here? Like, where are the plants located right now?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2015, 08:18:32 pm »

Oh, the plants are located in their climate. In year 2, I will announce all that. But this turn is right after they were created.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2015, 08:21:16 pm »

Oh ok.

So... we really cant do anything, we just spent all of our PP...

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2015, 08:35:48 pm »

So seeing as how andres dropped out I can join in right?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2015, 09:21:37 pm »

Yes blaze! Also, your PP goes back to 10 each turn

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2015, 09:47:45 pm »

((Can I be waitlisted?))

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2015, 01:00:06 am »

Yes blaze! Also, your PP goes back to 10 each turn
Oh.... Nice.

Bob the Fool

New animal:

Jackdog - Animal

Amount 2
Climate: Mountanous
Huge Litter
Meaty
Fast Reproduction Rate
Born Pregnate

Food: Blackroot

Total Cost: 10PP

I made this to be eaten by my trolls, that way they dont starve to death. Thanks to Kevak for the Blackroot!
Also, for plants, maybe they should reproduce faster when they are eaten, due to the seeds being in the droppings of the animal...

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:42:31 am by Peradon »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2015, 01:24:18 am »

((Blackroot is intended to not really be completely purgable without fire. P much errything should be able to eat Blackroot provided it's able to nom plants. They just won't be able to get the roots~ Eats Blackroot prolly isn't a trait that makes sense, I personally recommend a trait that isn't redundent~))

Something Grimdark

New plant: Bloodrose
Amount 2
Climate: Anywhere with a decently sized Blackroot bramble.
Traits:

Symbiot with Blackroot.
Difficult to dislodge.
Thorny.
Pseudoparasite with animals.

Total Cost: 10PP

Bloodrose at first look appears to be a bright red thorn growing from a Blackroot vine. It grows directly from Blackroot vines, using the high nutrient content as a food source. Early in its life, it isn't noticible in a patch of Blackroot. On average it takes about six to eight months to mature. A maturing Bloodrose can be noted when a Blackroot vine gains red veins. This vein state lasts for approximately a month before the first 'thorns' erupt from the Blackroot vine. These thorns are bright red and are actually mature seeds. Should an animal brush against a thorn, a number of little filaments will pull the thornseed from the Blackroot and it will cling to the animals pelt harmlessly until it drops off, likely near additional Blackroot or related plants. Should a thorn pierce the skin however, it begins growing in the animal, using its nutrients similar to how it would a Blackroot. At first, this is unnoticeable. Four months in, the afflicted area begins turning a sickly shade of red and begins itching intensely. Five to six months in, rootlike patterns begin forming in the affected area. By eight months. Seedthorns begin erupting from the skin. This is intensely painful, often debilitating. Should the creature survive the next month, most likely hindered due to lack of water or food, a number of Bloodrose flowers will bud from the skin, as well as additional seedthorns, however once the first flower buds, the pain of erupting seedthorns fades to nearly unnoticeable. The creature is now permanently afflicted with the symbiotic strain of Bloodrose, a pretty but rather nasty secondary coat of thorns and flowers. It may experience a lil difficulty mating with unaffiliated members of its species, however smart predators will think twice before attacking it, lest they catch Bloodrose themselves and not survive. Creatures afflicted with the symbiotic Bloodrose strain are unaffected by additional parasitic afflictions. The flowers filter the multitude of pain causing chemicals out of the bloodstream. Bloodrose flowers appear to be scarlet red flowers with black veins.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:11:46 am by Kevak »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7