Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animal Training: "no animal" error  (Read 592 times)

CatKate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Animal Training: "no animal" error
« on: March 02, 2015, 01:02:00 pm »

Hey guys,

I have a question concerning the training of animals. I have a helmet snake and a cave crocodile that are to be trained. Both were trained in their cages, then released to some rope-chains. The helmet snake is continuously being trained, but the cave crocodile isn't. The job is created, a dwarf walks up to it, spends some time training, then aborts with the message "Dwarf xy cancels Train Stray Cave Crocodile (Semi Wild) : No creature ".

I searched the boards and found a similar-sounding issue, which is supposed to be resolved. Since it was 0.40.01 and in July I thought this should be gone now, but it has popped up in my current game (started and playing in 0.40.24), so maybe this is something new?
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6748

Am not using any burrows on that. Trainers do arrive at the croc, but cancel. Have not designated an animal training zone.

Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
Cat

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Training: "no animal" error
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 09:53:54 am »

Is both your version and your world generated past that repair got released?
If using newest version doesn't fix it, upload your save folder to http://dffd.bay12games.com/ and:

Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

CatKate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 04:19:18 am »

Hey Detros,

sorry for haven't answered your message earlier. Somehow forgot I had this issue posted ... :-(

Anyway, it solved itself. Don't know, my trainers are doing fine now.

Thank you very much for your effort!

Cheers,
Cat

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 09:00:17 am »

Have FUN.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)