Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30

Author Topic: AD&D: Heroes of Ilbete  (Read 29996 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody interested in playing some Dungeons and Dragons? (AD&D)
« Reply #360 on: May 01, 2015, 09:04:51 pm »

Cloak myself, then sneak behind, and ready an action to kick one of them in the junk if the "master plan" goes badly.

Even a werewolf has balls.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 01, 2015, 11:22:52 pm »

((Haha... completely forgot about those guys....))

"Woah, hey guys! How's it going? Uh... I got a joke fer ya! You wanna hear it?"

Initiate master plan.

The werewolves look slightly perplexed. You wonder to yourself, "What exactly is the master plan?"
"Ok, these seven guys walk into a bar. The first guy, a Dwarf, screams out 'Buffalo!'. The second guy, an Elf, screams out 'Buffalo Buffalo!'. The third guy, a Man, yells out 'Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo!'. This continues for quite some time, each person shouting out the word Buffalo one additional time, so that the sixth guy shouts it out six times. When it comes time for the seventh guy to speak, can you guess what he says?"

Hope one of them says the magic words. In the event that one of them does, draw my silver dagger and stab the other werewolf in his ugly mug. If they dont say it, but rather avoid the question, bowl past them, stabbing like mad. If they attack me before I even finish.... Well, just stabby stabby stab stab....
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #362 on: May 02, 2015, 11:49:03 am »

Cloak myself, then sneak behind, and ready an action to kick one of them in the junk if the "master plan" goes badly.

Even a werewolf has balls.

No can do, Cromwell. You're still with me in the catacombs chasing those last few werewolves.
Also, you are now our resident expert on lupine anatomy.
Regards,
Dampe

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 02, 2015, 12:48:41 pm »

Tchono, the larger of the two werewolves, looks bemused for a moment as you tell the joke.
Suddenly, he begins to make a series of short barks and growls you assume to be laughter.
"Bvaso, did you hear that?"
The werewolf is now trying to get a hold of himself, but he fails and begins to giggle uncontrollably.
"No, what?"
Tears of laughter are now running down Tchono's face and snout.
"The seventh guy goes, 'Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo!' Oh, that's classi- OH MY GODS I'M ON FIRE"
The unpleasant smell of singed fur fills the chapel as the flaming Tchono runs from the chapel, making it about three steps beyond the door before he has been completely transformed to ash.
Bvaso turned to watch his companion's flight from the chapel, and his back is now turned. You pull your silver dagger from your knapsack and with a savage roar, you leap onto his back and plunge the blade into his neck. The werewolf struggles for a moment before sinking to the floor, dead. A flash of bright light fills the chapel, and the carcass of the werewolf is transformed back into that of a nasty-looking (and kind of scruffy) adventurer.
As you lean back and lie against the cold stone floor, breathing heavily, you marvel that you were able to do that.

Not long after, the rest of the party makes their way up the stairs.

"Holy shit, Plor, did you kill this guy?"

"He must've. Look at the dagger in his neck." Cromwell pulls the knife out of the nasty-looking (and kind of scruffy) adventurer with a grunt.
"Silver. It's one of ours."

"Well done, friend."

"Certainly impressive, for an amateur, but I could have done better."

"Indeed. As for the bodies of the missing villagers, I would guess that they're mixed in among the bones down there. Tragic, but at least the townspeople will have nothing to worry about from now on. We should hurry back to the village, the festival should be starting soon. I'll carry poor Pythios' body."

Your party returns to the village, and explains all of what happened to the gathering of people in the main square. Well, Plor does most of the talking, adding quite a few embellishments to the story along the way. "And then, all of a sudden, more werewolves rushed in! There must have been twenty of them, each one nine feet tall! It was only with my wits and my trusty silver dagger that I was able to-" While Plor continues recounting his story to the mesmerized villagers, the rest of the group retires to the Baying Hound. Ianthe and Diokles are there to greet you at the door. "Splendid work, gentlemen, splendid work!" Diokles blusters. "A pity what happened to old Pythios, though." You take seats at table, while Ianthe ducks back into the kitchen before returning with three mugs of the local moonshine. "Ask her for a dish of warm milk, too!" Felyx hisses into Blacke's ear, poking his head out of Blacke's knapsack to do so. "Why don't you ask her yourself? You're a talking cat!" Ianthe looks a little bit perplexed at Blacke, who is now having a heated conversation with his knapsack. "Don't mind him. Those wizarding types, they're all a bit batty." She nods in agreement. "We haven't much we can pay you, I'm afraid," says Diokles, "This is all we can spare." He sets a small sack of gold coins on the table. About sixty coins, Cromwell's keen eye estimates. At fifteen per person, a meager profit, to say the least. "Wait," Ianthe says, "There is one thing." Unclasping a polished brass locket from around her neck, she places it in Cromwell's hand. "Show this to King Artemas the Young in High Aerilon. He'll know what this is." Cromwell appraises the locket in a split second, and sees it is almost worthless. Let's hope it's got some sentimental value to the king, he thinks. "Thank you."

"Aye, thank you. We'll set out for High Aerilon tomorrow morning. Anybody want to go for a stroll along the town, or do you guys want to call it a night?"
Regards,
Dampe

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 02, 2015, 12:52:26 pm »

Sorry for the absolutely abysmal writing on the last post, I kind of had to grind that out.
Regards,
Dampe

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 02, 2015, 12:59:29 pm »

((Oh man... I can't believe that actually worked. What did I have to roll for that, and what did I roll? Because that was the worst joke in the world...))

"Eh, that's up to you. I think I'm going to study this here spell book tonight. Looking at what they are, it may take a while to master them..."

For tonight, I'm going to prepare magic missile.

((Also, did we get any experience for that?))

PPE:
Sorry for the absolutely abysmal writing on the last post, I kind of had to grind that out.
((Its fine, as long as its out there.))

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 02, 2015, 01:54:07 pm »

((I just had a thought....... What if I used Charm on the king?

"Excuse me sire, but I have a request to make."

"Make thine request, and I shall give it, up to half my kingdom."

"Actually.... I'll take half your kingdom........"))

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 02, 2015, 01:56:25 pm »

Yes to the experience. 125 points for each of the lycanthropes.

Plor, you devious bastard!

(What the king will be giving us isn't quite half the kingdom, but it's good enough for our purposes. I won't spoil any more.)
Regards,
Dampe

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 02, 2015, 02:02:16 pm »

Yes to the experience. 125 points for each of the lycanthropes.

Plor, you devious bastard!

(What the king will be giving us isn't quite half the kingdom, but it's good enough for our purposes. I won't spoil any more.)
((So thats 250 XP for me then, correct?))

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 02, 2015, 02:03:49 pm »

I believe so.
Also, I was reading the AD&D expert rules, and apparently you can cast certain spells in reverse. (You gotta learn them in reverse if you're a magic-user, though.) So, for example, a spell of Light cast in reverse creates a spell of Darkness.
Regards,
Dampe

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 02, 2015, 02:22:12 pm »

((Hmmmm.......

You sir, have just contributed to some of my schemes....))

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 02, 2015, 03:24:38 pm »

You still need to learn the spell in reverse to be able to cast it.
Unless you're a cleric.
Shame we don't have one of those around here...
Regards,
Dampe

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 02, 2015, 04:14:05 pm »

Unless you're a cleric.
((Yeah, I know....

So, if I cast reverse ventriloquism..... It would sound like everyone around me would be talking?))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 02, 2015, 05:28:34 pm »

((Why make things more difficult than they have to be? *Charm Person* "Say Buffalo seven times!" ))

Cromwell sticks the locket in his pocket, and starts thinking of other words that rhyme with socket.
"Have fun with your face in paper. I'm going to stroll around town a bit. I'm not one for sitting in place."
Get up, head out from the tavern and check out the town a bit.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 02, 2015, 06:36:51 pm »

Unless you're a cleric.
((Yeah, I know....

So, if I cast reverse ventriloquism..... It would sound like everyone around me would be talking?))

Unfortunately, no. It only works with certain spells. (i.e. the ones where it would make some sort of sense)
Regards,
Dampe
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30