Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: OPPRESSION TOWER: Not just a one man army  (Read 26471 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: OPPRESSION TOWER: Now with update OP!
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2015, 11:38:05 pm »

Have I been dorfed yet? I'd like my usual please: One Ringo, preferably a gemworker but any profession will do besides those involving butchering, cleaning, and/or hauling corpses. Metalworker is my second preferred profession if you've got it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2015, 11:40:15 pm »

12] "I must have a tomb that is still bigger and grander than that of this pretender."
13] And the faithful among the dwarves did agree, for the Deus must have the best of all things.
14] But my avatar knew that this would not be enough to fully shame the pretender, so he said:
15] "And my tomb shall be balanced on top of that of the pretender!"
16] And the faithful among the dwarves did agree joyfully, eager to be a part of this great work.

Get one bigger than a 3x3 plain room and you've already got one.  All of the rest of that tower is my office.  A 3x3 room with two basic chairs and a basic table, at that.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 11:45:01 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2015, 11:43:10 pm »

Thus is Recorded the Word of the Deus, Asmoth.
1] And lo, for the arrogance of the dwarves drew my ire, and I chose an avatar to guide them into the light once more.
2] However, I was displeased by the state of the fortress as it stood and said unto my avatar:
3] "This place is naught but a hole in the ground."
4] And my avatar did agree with me, and said unto the dwarves:
5] "What the hell have you shower of lazy mushrooms suckers been doing?"
6] And the dwarves said unto him:
7] "Wha'?"
8] And my avatar entered into a mighty fury and struck the dwarves, saying:
9] "You idiots are going to build me a decent bedroom before the end of spring, or heads are going to roll."
10] And the dwarves did so.
11] And so it came to pass that my avatar did see that an especially prideful dwarf had build a tomb which could be seen from both near and far, and he said:
12] "I must have a tomb that is still bigger and grander than that of this pretender."
13] And the faithful among the dwarves did agree, for the Deus must have the best of all things.
14] But my avatar knew that this would not be enough to fully shame the pretender, so he said:
15] "And my tomb shall be balanced on top of that of the pretender!"
16] And the faithful among the dwarves did agree joyfully, eager to be a part of this great work.
I feel the strong urge to one-up you and place my bier on the highest z-level, surrounded by traps that will indiscriminately kill all who dare approach it, those preventing it from being [as easily] destroyed.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2015, 11:49:05 pm »

I feel the strong urge to one-up you and place my bier on the highest z-level, surrounded by traps that will indiscriminately kill all who dare approach it, those preventing it from being [as easily] destroyed.

Why does everyone want to be on the surface?  Why not build a massive necropolis underneath the tower for your dwarf instead?  Sure you can't see it from the fortress, but you could easily have a set of entrances you can funnel goblins and the such through into a labyrinth where you can use traps to kill them from beyond the grave, as well as a drop point to bait and kill elves.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2015, 09:01:24 am »

Can I be Dorfed as a crafter or warrior?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2015, 06:41:04 pm »

Verse the Second.
1] On the twelfth day of the first month, it came to pass that a group of elves arrived at the fortress.
2] Setting their wares in the depot, they proclaimed:
3] "Bring us thine finest goods, but mark ye that should any tree flesh be among them, we shall visit terrible wrath upon you."
4] But my avatar knew that they elves were heathens who worshipped false gods and said:
5] "Thou chestnut sucking braggart, we fear no wrath that a heretic such as yourself could muster. Begone!"
6] And so saying, he clove the elf's head from his shoulders with but one blow of his axe.
7] Following by example, the faithful among us did fall on the rest of the elves with great wrath, seizing that which we desired.
8] And so, the elves were driven from the fortress along with their heathen ways.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2015, 06:50:44 pm »

Verse the Third
1] On the fifth day of the second month, a pilgrim arrived at the fortress. He knew not of our faith and so my avatar tried to teach him.
2] But the pilgrim rejected the path of righteousness and instead chose the ways of darkness and evil.
3] And so, Joddo Gibshimdo took the form of a great pig, as ugly as the darkness he had given his soul to.
4] And reaching out, he did strike at the miner NAV until he was dead.
5] But my avatar said:
6] "Be not afraid, for so long as you have faith in me, the beast cannot harm you with his fell attacks!"
7] And the dwarves said:
8] "Oh really? What about that bugger."
9] And my avatar did smite the doubters that tried to ridicule him and said:
10] "You may face the beast out there, or you may face the beast in here. I may not be as scary as the beast out there to look at, but I know how to flood your rooms with lava."
11] And with their faith restored, the dwarves did battle with the great pig.
12] The beast did fight against the faithful for nigh upon two days and two nights while my avatar prayed.
13] And on the dawn of the third day, my avatar strode out and said:
14] "Dark spirits, I drive you from this soul!"
15] And with a terrible scream, the pig took once again the form of a man, and said:
16] "Please, no, aaargh!"
17] But Maxcat, one of the truly faithful, did not believe the demon's glib and silver tongue, and struck him down with a silver axe.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2015, 06:53:13 pm »

This format will not do at all. stop that, you are being silly.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2015, 07:01:50 pm »

Bah. Let him/her write however he/she wants to. Also, Axedwarfs ftw.
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2015, 07:13:11 pm »

I'd add images, but there hasn't been anything very image worthy yet. And I've gone too far to turn back from my ridiculous formatting choices now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2015, 08:31:22 pm »

Verse the Fourth
1] On the twenty fifth day of the second month, the dwarf Ustuth Nokimes, coveting the power the beast had displayed, renounced my avatar's teachings.
2] Pleased at this, the dark ones did bless him with the power of the beast, and Ustuth took the form of the same pig.
3] He turned on his former friend, Insanegamer27 and did tear him limb from limb, revelling in the foul power his new masters had granted him.
4] But my avatar, knowing that he was needed elsewhere, blessed Maxcat once again with great strength to fight this abomination.
5] Armed with holy silver and righteous zeal, Maxcat slew another of the Dark Ones' foul followers.
6] Though he was offered many rewards, he had taken my avatar's teachings to heart and did refuse them all, knowing that to serve is its own reward.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2015, 10:14:41 pm »

Don't forget that, by the rules in the OP, the latest your turn can run is to the 24th.  Just warning you that's a thing.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2015, 02:32:37 pm »

Indeed. Nearly through autumn, but not much has been going on, hence the lack of updating. I'll do a purely fluff one if nothign happens be the end of the season.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2015, 04:17:28 pm »

Oh hey Derm! Are you planning on having any involvement in DeathGate III?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2015, 04:18:16 pm »

...no?

I don't actually look at the DF side of the forum much anymore.

Wheres the most recent spiritual successor to forts such as Glazedcoast or Boatmurdered, I say. I may be in the mood.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 04:20:27 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13