Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: OPPRESSION TOWER: Not just a one man army  (Read 26465 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: OPPRESSION TOWER: Well that clarifies the transition of power
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2015, 12:22:39 am »

Well masthas avatar is a cat (head, sometimes), he relates to reindeer previously in his little sentence, and his name has cheese in it.
It's a tri feta!
FTFY
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2015, 12:54:04 am »

Well masthas avatar is a cat (head, sometimes), he relates to reindeer previously in his little sentence, and his name has cheese in it.
It's a tri feta!
FTFY
:3
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2015, 01:01:20 am »

I am honestly quite surprised I didn't get that first.
Sometimes it's a hit, sometimes it's a Mish.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2015, 01:38:41 am »

Can i be dwarfed as the crossarcher master?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2015, 02:13:06 am »

Can I be dorfed as Objective, Grovekeeper, with labour in Woodcutting?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Karevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2015, 03:14:02 am »

I have a question. Karevos is woodcrafter yup?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2015, 09:43:22 am »

I have a question. Karevos is woodcrafter yup?
Listed profession, yes.  He also has stone and bone crafting, but I wasn't going to let him touch my precious stone.

Edit: Zanzetkuken, could you dwarf everyone on the dwarfing list at next opportunity, including my new dwarf.

Edit2: Also, there are six stone mechanisms in the mechanics workshop, created by you and intended for use with our bridges, as well as an artifact left glove in the leatherworker's workshop from a leatherworking mood in late autumn or some such.

I engraved the mine because I didn't have anything better for you to do as an engraver and didn't feel like reassigning labors to have you help me with masonry.  Plus, a fish cleaner arrived later in the year who had novice mason and worked alongside me as an assistant mason.

Actually, could I claim that dwarf for my own?  The fish cleaner who does masonry work?  He should be a high master fish cleaner.  Name of Wolf, as stated in the OP.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 02:36:33 pm by 4maskwolf »

Karevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2015, 09:04:46 am »

You know what you can do to be more oppress our dwarves? For example put wooden tables in the hospital. Let them suffer from splinters driven into their back during the operation. You can also insert to each bedroom. Why? Fifty shades of dwarf! BUHAHAHAHA!!!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2015, 12:54:44 am »

It's gonna be this weekend before I can blast through my turn.  Sorry 'bout that.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2015, 12:56:53 am »

Holy carp, this became a thing? And I subscribed to it??? Uh... My calender's pretty booked for a long while, but I guess I'd like a turn.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: OPPRESSION TOWER: Now with update OP!
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2015, 02:10:12 am »

Felsite 9, 211
It turns out our previous Overseer declined to remember to construct a still.  Now honestly, I wouldn't care too much, if it didn't mean that everyone was complaining about water and I wasn't getting any.  I fixed this immediately, as I want my alcohol.  And the others can be graced with it.  At least until I build my private storeroom, that is.

Felsite 11, 211
Someone's slacking.  We ran out of charcoal so we can't forge more armor.  Let's just burn all the wood on site.

Felsite 18, 211
Some random prick decided to yell about something or another.  I don't know, but I've heard of these occasionally happening.  Dibs on whatever winds up being made.

Felsite 19, 211
Prick took the forge.  There goes all armor production.  Prick.

Felsite 20, 211
And now he took a rock, a log, and two of our highly useful metal bars.  Prick.

Felsite 24, 211

...Fucking kidding me.  Anyway, at least these manage to teach a dwarf something.

Felsite 25, 211
Turns out that he was possessed by Eldrich Horrors from beyond.  What the hell, Xantalos.  You can't impart at least a little bit of knowledge into the dwarves you decide to take as puppets?

Hematite 1, 211

Fweee.

Anyway, there's a tree that grew inside for some reason, so I'm building around it just to tick off the next guy.

And then a crash knocked out progress.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 05:28:52 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2015, 03:03:46 pm »

Post to Watchdog.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2015, 03:26:23 pm »

Should be able to finish the turn for the most part.  Sans another crash, that is.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2015, 05:22:55 pm »

From the Journal of Zanzetkuken, Year 211 Overseer

Felsite 19, 211
Prick took the forge.  There goes all armor production.  Pri-  Wait, haven't I been here before?  What's going on?

Felsite 20, 211
He took a rock, log, and metal bars again...I have been here before...

I'm having to make the same orders to continue construction as well.  This is very, very strange.  Especially since no one else remembers what occurred.  They are going about it in a different order, though...

If the artifact is an iron earring on the 24, then I went through a time loop or something.

Felsite 24, 211

...Fucking kidding me, I went back in time.  What even caused it?  I had been roaming through one of the areas of the fortress, and...something...happened.

Xantalos apparently still possessed him.  Maybe writing his name caused something to break?

Hematite 1, 211

4maskwolf decided to take the time to rise as a ghost.  This is new.  Does history change depending upon a timeline reset?

Let's see if I can control it.  I'll mark different dates with specific runes of Armok.  Maybe it will work as a marker.

Hematite 8, 211
Lasting a bit longer this time around.  Getting complaints about no  stone being available.  Apparently no mining is being done.  The hell?  Must've done it in the...past.  Gotta find a better name for that.

Hematite 9, 211
[TEXT REDACTED DUE TO TEMPORAL CORRUPTION]

Hematite 8, 211
The hell?  Why is it yesterday again?  ...And why do I still have Hematite 9 in here still?  As well as old 8?  Did the rune do this?

Hematite 9, 211
It's Hematite 9 again...let's see if the loop goes through again.

Hematite 10, 211
Made it through 9, let's see if [REMAINING TEXT REDACTED DUE TO TEMPORAL CORRUPTION]

Hematite 8, 211
Motherfuck.

Hematite 9, 211
Marking today.

Hematite 11, 211
Made it through 10.  I currently have no idea how it didn't fail again, though I have a theory.  This time I did not designate a floor to be built in the branches of a tree.  Maybe, just maybe, trees have the power to break time to different points.  Maybe this is why the elves worship them...

This prospect both worries and excites me.  I have found that I am the only one who remains aware of this shift on the prior one, but what if there is another?  An elf that wields this power...

(Should note that all mentions of the time travel (and that one mention of Xantalos) are only in his personal journal.  The official Overseer's notebook consists entirely of what was done, and a note to not destroy the tree that grew inside the fort.)

Edit: (Originally included an incomprehensible mess using the 'Eldritch text translator', but it kept saying the message body was empty until I removed it.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 06:43:15 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2015, 05:25:01 pm »

Yeah, that's one of them 'game-breaking' bugs. Don't build things in branches, it crashes the game. Chop the tree down first.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13