Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: job application questions  (Read 738 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
job application questions
« on: February 28, 2015, 01:18:22 pm »

i i applied for a job got an interview and everything and its been a wile i haven't gotten any confirmation as to if I'm accepted or not. I'm wondering if i should go down and ask if i have been accepted or not or if that is not something i should do. their are others i could apply to but i don't want to go through all the trouble until i know.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: job application questions
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 01:22:27 pm »

Call the human resources department of the company you applied to and took the interview at.

It is VERY common for HR to simply leave people hanging rather than openly tell them that they arent what they were looking for.  I dont mean to discourage, but calling them is about the best way to find out with the least embarrassment for all parties.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 11:30:35 pm »

At the extreme it's possible they listed it out of bureaucratic inertia and it might be months before anyone looks at your application.  I once got a call saying I didn't get a job that I had applied to 9 months before.  The job was only open to people who had graduated in the past 3 months.  ::)

On the other extreme I have walked into a place and walked out with a job.  The economy is funny like that.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 12:11:38 pm »

Call the human resources department of the company you applied to and took the interview at.

It is VERY common for HR to simply leave people hanging rather than openly tell them that they arent what they were looking for.  I dont mean to discourage, but calling them is about the best way to find out with the least embarrassment for all parties.

This. At the very worst you get confirmation that they don't want you. At best they (like many places) use a multilayered selection process; the people who don't care enough to check up and push for a solid yes or no aren't worth hiring; if they can't be bothered to care about getting a job, why would they care about showing up on schedule or working hard? Just remember that 90% of the hiring process is designed to weed out people for any reason they can find, and being (actually or in their perception) sloppy or lazy is one of the easiest ways to get knocked out of the running.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable