Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [OOC] Numenera: Return of Fire [8/6]  (Read 4383 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] Numenera: Return of Fire (Full, I think. Waitlisting)
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 11:50:47 pm »

((I'll prolly do a Geneline 63 KX9, Should fit the criteria and have a number of interesting quirks.))

((Not all early strains have photographic memory, Maybe I didn't say it clearly. The strains with photographic memory have a cutoff of about three years if they aren't using implants to enhance it. The strains without it tend to have a cutoff of a couple centuries without implants.))

((Will write up sometime tonight.))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 12:24:23 am »

((@GM: Yeah, from a distance Ianmo's outline would be human, though a crippled one. I was thinking of giving him some sort of robe with a hood to cover him up.

Necromancy: Maybe he can only fully control one zombie at a time. He can raise others as well, but they'd be out of his control and be hostile to him, so Ianmo would probably use that as a way to distract enemies and put some distance between him and them if he were running away.

Other skills: Ianmo's from the Dunes. I don't know if you have a set idea for the Dunes, but basically he knows how to find water in places foreigners would never think to search. Also, he can read the stars to determine direction, thanks to the nomadic nature he led before his curse. I'm not sure what occultists in your setting actually do, as in if they actually possess magic or are just wise-men who wander the Dunes, so can I have some clarification on occultists?

Mundane attacks: Ianmo's body is incredibly frail and weak. I was thinking of making him the glass cannon of the group, lobbing poison and controlling zombies from afar, but useless in melee combat. I guess he could slap enemies who come too close, but Ianmo'll have to rely on his teammates and zombies to keep enemies away from him.

I'll wait on you to see if anything here needs fixing, then I'll update my character sheet.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Boxman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 01:26:45 am »

Alrighty, changed a couple of things!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 04:27:48 am »

Spoiler: Warning. Textwall: (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 05:54:01 am »

Eugh. Got a bit carried away with my bio. Hope it's still good.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 09:20:52 am »

Hmmm, that's actually not a terrible idea on the arrows. Would probably make them quite effective if they weigh quite a bit. Just make 'em fall at people. I'll fix the sheet in a moment, as for the curse I leave it to you. Edit: Alright hows that?

Looks good. You can retain some amount of self control over the forces of gravity acting on your person, if you like. Maybe not so drastic as to allow fine control... for now. With training, though, you might be able to effectively fly (cue the 'controlled falling' joke).

I edited it again, thought of a non cheap way to have the power that can later be made more powerful if the chance comes up.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 10:33:49 pm »

Alright! Boxman, Zacen, and Patrick (pending some finalization) are all good to go.

@Cheese: Ah, well, I do have ideas for nomadic peoples in the desert region. Wisemen, shamans, cultists and the like would be varied enough that you can put your own spin on it, but there is no real 'magic' in this setting, just technology so advanced it is indistinguishable from magic. Basically, everyone who wields technology during this era could be classified as occultists, since they rarely fully understand what power they wield. To answer your question, occultists may seem magical, and might believe they have some otherworldly power, but only because of how isolated the desert nomads are.

Also, we don't need to put any hard restrictions on your nanite powers, but a vague 'I can control one for sure, but any more and the chance of unpredictable results increases' approach. If you're satisfied with that, I think you're good to go.

@Pencil: I like it, versatile character. You're all set.

@Harry: You say 'a bit carried away' where I say 'delightfully thorough'! I always appreciate it when players flesh out not only their characters, but their off-camera supporting cast. I was a bit worried that your scanner might act as an at-will Greater Detect Evil/Truth/Augury, but your description leads me to believe there's always room for error in the devices readings. All I need is something of an example of what the readings are actually like, say, on a casual scan, so I know how it works. Oh, also, I understand the beam weapon ignites targets, but does that 'stun' mode inflict actual burns, or just a burst of extreme heat (while somehow not causing actual damage)?
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 12:53:57 am »

@Harry: You say 'a bit carried away' where I say 'delightfully thorough'! I always appreciate it when players flesh out not only their characters, but their off-camera supporting cast. I was a bit worried that your scanner might act as an at-will Greater Detect Evil/Truth/Augury, but your description leads me to believe there's always room for error in the devices readings. All I need is something of an example of what the readings are actually like, say, on a casual scan, so I know how it works. Oh, also, I understand the beam weapon ignites targets, but does that 'stun' mode inflict actual burns, or just a burst of extreme heat (while somehow not causing actual damage)?

The scanner's issues are threefold - firstly, it tends to accumulate readings from both the targeted person and, to a lesser degree, any surrounding people as well, in a phenomenon known as interference. It's easier to discount interference if the people present are all well known to Niles. Secondly, the language of the Scanner is highly difficult to interpret, and only Niles has managed to decipher it to any significant degree via a whole lot of testing over a period of decades. Thirdly, it's clearly an old, if remarkably sturdy artifact, and so would be expected to sometimes act up.

The Beamer I envisioned as having several settings - first there's the non-lethal one, which resembles the Active Denial System, except handheld with no loss of power. The higher settings start to inflict serious burns and even penetrate into the inside of the body, where they start to effectively cook muscle tissue with microwaves. This is much less non-lethal. I'm thinking it doesn't actually ignite targets, now that I've read up on the ADS again.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 06:18:37 am »

Im interested, Been on holiday recently with no internet though, only really just got back, so making my character now unless it's too late, thanks for the PM btw

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:19:48 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 10:44:38 pm »

@Harry: Sounds good to me. I remember reading about the ADS some time ago. Scary stuff, but intriguing.

@Everyone: Thread is up!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2015, 12:13:29 am »

So, who's in exactly? Everyone?

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2015, 01:57:11 am »

Oh, I'll edit the stuff in the OP.

It's gonna be Cheese, Patrick, Zacen, Pencil, Boxman, and Harry. I messaged Wolf and Kevak about theirs, but I have to waitlist them. 6 is the max optimal size, imo.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2015, 04:41:31 pm »

Waitlist me.

So what's Kevak? A cat furry psychic or something?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2015, 08:09:17 pm »

Hm, I don't want to initiate any larger interaction till we have everyone in. Cheese is MIA from bay12... So I might kick someone up to the main roster. Wolfchild is next up, but I want to give Cheese a bit more time.

@Andres: Kevak hasn't sent me any revisions, so he's not on the list. 

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] Numenera: Return of Fire (Sign Ups)
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2015, 02:41:17 am »

The biggest text wall, my character sheet:
Spoiler: Azey Lotta (click to show/hide)
It took me 4 hours to write all that. 4 hours! I cut out a lot of stuff because it was unnecessarily and overly long. It probably still is but I can't figure out how to shorten it any more.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 03:30:39 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 [2] 3