Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military too scared to attack forgotten beast?  (Read 592 times)

Terff

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed...
    • View Profile
    • What is the answer to this question?
Military too scared to attack forgotten beast?
« on: February 27, 2015, 04:39:36 pm »

So... I've just got a fairly early forgotten beast and every time I try to kill it my military runs away like little bums, is there anyway to prevent them from being scared by this hairy tortoise?
I need some way to put armor on babies so I can start training them early.
Quote from: Lectorog on August 06, 2013, 03:57:45 pm

A goblin siege!?  Good we haven't had one in awhile, we are running out of new clothes

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military too scared to attack forgotten beast?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 05:26:51 pm »

They need their Discipline skills raised.  It can be raised through training. 
Maybe toss sentient corpses or body parts so they get more "horrified" and eventually get used to it.
Other's get creative and pit animals in the middle of the dinning room, and landing on a statue to create exploded body parts. Each should gain some Discipline as well as horrified emotions.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 05:27:39 pm »

Sounds like you've got raw recruits with little or no discipline. If that's the case, I believe they will build up discipline slowly over time even just from getting scared and running away, until they reach the point where they will actually engage the creature.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 05:46:41 pm »

They need their Discipline skills raised.  It can be raised through training. 
Maybe toss sentient corpses or body parts so they get more "horrified" and eventually get used to it.
Other's get creative and pit animals in the middle of the dinning room, and landing on a statue to create exploded body parts. Each should gain some Discipline as well as horrified emotions.
Nah, it's gotta be trogs or trolls or something sentient, otherwise they'll just feel nothing.