Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Legend RPG  (Read 838 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Legend RPG
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 04:48:18 pm »

Different setting, the Zodiac setting is different from that. But I just liked the thought of a Fantasy WWII scenario with the living vs the dead, and the rule book has racial class skills for the different kinds of undead, so I came up with the scenario. There would be an extra layer of angels and living vs Undead and Demons, so that's why demons were there
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 05:15:43 pm »

I may join as a elf sage. Depend on how much trouble I have with the form.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 05:26:47 pm »

Albert Silverleaf

Setting design is something that takes quite a bit of work, as seen by some threads on this forum.  Take as much time as you need.  What I've found when running games like this is to steal a little bit from everything you have ever read or seen.  Is adventuring considered a viable profession?  Are the religions based on something we would immediately recognize as Earthlings?  What is the name of our starting town?  Is there a reason for us all to be together at the beginning?  While the classic Pub Opening is viable, do you really want to use it?

If you're going for a war setting, I would suggest that you limit it to two or three factions, Undead on one side, Demons on the other and the less naturally evil races caught in the middle.

If you're going for a sandbox, have some plan in mind, otherwise, we'll just walk all over you.  Some sort of looming threat in the background for awhile tends to make for good adventuring.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:40:07 pm by MrVoid »
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 05:50:30 pm »

Albert Silverleaf

Setting design is something that takes quite a bit of work, as seen by some threads on this forum.  Take as much time as you need.  What I've found when running games like this is to steal a little bit from everything you have ever read or seen.  Is adventuring considered a viable profession?  Are the religions based on something we would immediately recognize as Earthlings?  What is the name of our starting town?  Is there a reason for us all to be together at the beginning?  While the classic Pub Opening is viable, do you really want to use it?

If you're going for a war setting, I would suggest that you limit it to two or three factions, Undead on one side, Demons on the other and the less naturally evil races caught in the middle.

If you're going for a sandbox, have some plan in mind, otherwise, we'll just walk all over you.  Some sort of looming threat in the background for awhile tends to make for good adventuring.
Accepted, but you may modernize it if you want, it is post-apocalyptic, present day Earth, and your guy would have been a human who was turned into an Elf. I'll use the sandbox setting, and you'll start in the ruins of New York
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:02:36 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 [2]