Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*  (Read 56254 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. (Dragonball Z on the PC.)
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2015, 06:14:18 pm »

Yes, it's free.

It is fun, not as full-featured as other games of course, the melee combat especially happens so fast I still have no idea what I'm doing with it.  There might be depth there or there might not.  It does have power levels and powering up to ridiculous degrees and full terrain destruction and all.  Also as your power level reaches stupid levels debris starts to float, lightning starts striking, etc.  Lots of good atmosphere.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:24:33 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2015, 07:26:56 pm »

I like Earth's Special Forces, where beam struggles can get big enough to kill every single person on the game field if both participants are strong enough.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2015, 07:44:30 pm »

Oh yeah, I also remember that one. It was crashing on me a lot though. Also hitting anyone in the air with a beam attack was freaking impossible, due to half-life rocket launcher physics and the impossibility of aiming at any meaningful distance.

Also apparently LBZ is still being developed! That's something I would not expect from a... 14 year old game?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:11:44 pm by Sergarr »
._.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2015, 08:12:27 pm »

All the people asking about Raging Blast: First off, Ultimate Tenkaichi has NOTHING in common with Raging Blast at all, so lets get that out of the way right off the bat.

As for which of the two to get, I find the first one has SLIGHTLY more fluid combat whereas the main appeal of 2 is that it has loads and loads of characters, and that its the one all your friends will probably end up getting due to the 2 on the end :P

They both have awesome combat though, granted they don't make use of power levels so who dominates is entirely based on skill but many would see this as a good thing. So once you understand combo's and how to counter combo's and such, you will decimate all the AI forever. Except Extreme Mode Goku, because EMG is basically "all the bullshit mechanics we could think of thrown into one dude"

Oh, worth noting that first one has better/more single player stuffs, like actually goes through story mode and includes a mode where you can just keep murdering random AI chumps until 50 of them are crushed beneath your heel.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:14:22 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2015, 08:16:05 pm »

Except Extreme Mode Goku, because EMG is basically "all the bullshit mechanics we could think of thrown into one dude"
Does he force you into QTE-or-die and spam bullet hell into you?

(and also, this LBZ games reminds me of one Touhou fighting game I once saw. Very similar play style (2D vertical plane with focus on shooting bullets into each other))
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:17:59 pm by Sergarr »
._.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2015, 08:18:13 pm »

Except Extreme Mode Goku, because EMG is basically "all the bullshit mechanics we could think of thrown into one dude"
Does he force you into QTE-or-die and spam bullet hell into you?

There are no QTE's in Raging Blast. All EMG does really is not stagger when you attack him (even if you have the perk thing that voids this everywhere else in the game) though this is significant enough to throw most regular combat styles out the fucking window. He's ludicrously strong too and seems to have smarter AI then you can give any other AI which is kinda sad :(

Indeed, I do this.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2015, 05:35:01 pm »

Should I get this yet, is the network problems still active, should I wait for a discount price?
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2015, 05:46:26 pm »

Should I get this yet, is the network problems still active, should I wait for a discount price?

Went online the other night, played a couple SP games. Only lost connection to the server once. But again, I haven't tried any actual online MP yet so I don't know if it holds up during a match or what the latency is like. I'll try it out tonight if someone owns the game and wants to give it a whirl.

As for whether to wait for a discount.....that really rides on how badly you want a DBZ game. In retrospect, I could have waited for a little price drop but I don't feel bad for buying it at full price. It's not exactly the game I crave but it hasn't failed to keep me engaged.

edit

Apparently they patched today and did server maintenance, and the servers were not happy about it. So online seems dead at the moment.

The patch also supposedly fixed teleporting back into an enemy combo. Which is a good sign that at least it isn't one of those console ports that will never get a fix patch after it hits PC. I'd really like to see them fix the disappearing Ki effects bug.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 06:57:26 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2015, 07:02:06 pm »

Goddamn Yamcha is cool.
._.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2015, 10:14:39 pm »

Goddamn Yamcha is cool.
KIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *splosion*

Indeed, I do this.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2015, 01:29:31 am »

I think they may have fixed the disappearing Ki graphics but....I dunno, I started getting some serious lag when there were like me and 2 AIs all firing off supers next to each other, like I thought the game was going to crash. I'm guessing there's a reason they tried to slide by on that one. It's certainly eye-ball obliterating pretty though :)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2015, 07:59:21 am »

Ok I am going to make a silly prediction right now.

The Seasons Pass will not be worth the money!

Something about the way this game is set up just tells me that to be true. I can't imagine what they could (well... Would) add that would milk that value from it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:01:11 am by Neonivek »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2015, 09:21:40 am »

read somewhere that they stated there would be exactly 3 DLC and the overall savings of the season pass would amount to 5 dollars...

Indeed, I do this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2015, 09:24:41 am »

read somewhere that they stated there would be exactly 3 DLC and the overall savings of the season pass would amount to 5 dollars...

That is always the wrong way to look at it. Often Season Passes are just ways to get people to buy a large bunch of DLC that they would never EVER do otherwise.

Such as all the DLC for Mordor, which saves you a LOT of money buying every DLC... But where you would never buy any of that DLC. Or rather "Sure you save well over 50% off all the DLC buying the Season Pass, but for 24 dollars you just got DLC you would have paid 5 bucks for."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29