Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*  (Read 56255 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev

After trying as an Earthling, I switched to Saiyan. Turns out this just reduces most of the late-game PQs into "Who can spam ultimates faster, me or the AI?".

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Sadly, that is the case. The game is a fun romp, but what constitutes high level gameplay is kind of boring. It's not consistent either. Some PQs are designed to be ball breakers where spamming ults is almost required. Other PQs are actually meant to be playable, but when you've got the power to annihilate your opponent like that, anything less just feels like toying with them. Which isn't out of character for DBZ, but doesn't make for an exceptionally playable game. It feels like, once you know how to whoop ass, Saiyan or no, the game doesn't really throw any surprises at you other than a) multi-Super Saiyan beatdown or b) some dick with Super Armor inherently. In some ways the later Time Patrol missions are more fun than the PQs, which (setting aside all the shit you have to do for ultimate finishes) end up as slug fests, because they mix things up a bit. (Multi-Buu fight was actually a challenge you couldn't Ult your way through. You actually had to use all your abilities.)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:09:15 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They released a Movie Costume pack... I think this is golden Frieza.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Finished the game with the secret ending, and I started a physical Namekian. Great idea, right? I know.
Took me, like, five minutes to beat Piccolo in P.Q. 1 but I gained two levels from that, so woo.
Black lives matter.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Has anyone else come to the conclusion that the last boss is easy enough to farm for levels starting at level 5ish?
I've gotten two characters to level 40+ in about 2 hours doing this, it's kind of silly.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Yes, definitely.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Giving yourself good equips / skills and blazing through the Time Patrols are good too. I'm at the middle of the Ginyu Saga (Those Weird Guys!) and I'm at level 11, with like two PQ's done.

Okay, scratch that. Mira just kicked my ass straight into Namekian orbit. Shit, Towa, what did you make him out of? Buu-jelly??
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 12:02:56 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

You're losing to Mira? He doesn't even seem to do anything much of the time.

So how do people tend to build their characters? Do you guys focus on maxing out a single stat, or do you try to keep things fairly balanced as you gain attribute points?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, when you forget to put points in health, and you're only level 12...
I kinda keep things semi-balanced, but I put many more points in things I'm focusing on (i.e. my main's 50 Ki Super, and 20? health).
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I never really put points into more than three things and avoid putting points into more than two when possible...

For example, my super saiyan has just enough ki to have 5 bars, then the rest in ki blast supers and health.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I think only two of my characters have any points in health: The male Earthling that I first beat the game with (and he only has 15 or so points put into it) and the Namekian I'm working on who will eventually max out Health. None of the rest have bothered and they can all defeat Mira.

For most of my characters, I focus on maxing a single stat before bothering with the rest. My female saiyan has maxed Blast specials, my female Earthling will max Stamina, my Frieza Clansman will max Ki, and my male saiyan will max Strike specials. The only exceptions are the male Earthling previously mentioned and my female majin, who is splitting her points evenly between Strike and Blast and will soon max them both.

These are probably not ideal builds, but oh well :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Just finished the Time Patrols of the second DLC.  Generally liked it better than the default Time Patrols.

Oh, here's my character, by the way.

Spoiler: Carbon (click to show/hide)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I might have seen you once or twice. Remember a Matilda?
Black lives matter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I think I might have seen you once or twice. Remember a Matilda?

Most times I've just been running directly to a destination, so I haven't taken a good look at the crowds.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

BFEL plays as a Earthling focused SOLELY on basic attacks with many poses that make him nigh untouchable while he rapes your shit.

How powerful is he? He collected the time shards. At level 20.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29