Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

help! I cant get this poll to open again!

If you can help, PM me!
- 0 (0%)
IF you cant, then dont PM mE.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 25, 2015, 04:57:24 am

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion) desperate for players!  (Read 39632 times)

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion)
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2015, 10:50:22 am »

Letter to Mom

Dear mother,

I need to tell you something.  This is very important, so try to remain calm.  Remember all those times I spoke of not trying to sabotage to fortress?  Well, actually I am.

Soon after I took command of the fortress, Gwolfski approached me.  He described how he was part of a secret organization with a single goal: to appease Armok by causing as much chaos as possible, maybe staving off the destruction of the world.

He quickly convinced me to join and together we attempted to add a little destruction to the fortress.  First we planned the bloodfall chasm.  Many people died, but when a dwarf tried to reveal our secret, Gwolfski pushed the offender off the waterfall, sacrificing himself in the process.

Since then, I have been insidiously installing chaos in the fortress: killing children, convincing others to strike, and in general causing chaos.  Soon I will retake control of the fortress, and then Armok's will will be complete.

I tell you this mother because I have grown lonely over the years.  After poor, innocent Gwolfski's death, I have no friends to share my stories with.  There is no one I can talk to.  Well, no one besides my stuffed bear Mr. Muffins.

I will write in the future, but it may be later.  Please, whatever you do, do not come to Ginetolon.

Sincerely,

TheCheeseMaker

Edit: if you haven't seen it, Eldin00's turn is on the previous page.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:51:53 am by TheCheeseMaker »
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2015, 11:21:27 am »

I actualy flooded the fortress? wow. btw , the lower river floodgate lever is in the top of our walled garden, on the right.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2015, 11:24:24 am »

Since I didn't know where the lever was (or if there was one), there's a new one right by the floodgate.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2015, 11:53:01 am »

Since I didn't know where the lever was (or if there was one), there's a new one right by the floodgate.

if my memory serves me, i told yous where it was.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2015, 12:55:10 pm »

Can we all agree now, as a group, NOT to fuck with the river anymore?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2015, 01:59:17 pm »

Can we all agree now, as a group, NOT to fuck with the river anymore?

i 99.999% agree, and thats all youre getting

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2015, 02:06:18 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's only Gwolfski. When me and Eldin were messing with it it was just to do damage control.
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2015, 10:02:22 pm »

*Motherly voice*
Now, now boys. I don't want to know which one of you started it. I just want all of you to swear you won't fuck with the river again.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2015, 10:33:10 pm »

I don't mind if people want to taunt the river again. Dealing with things like floods is all part of the !!FUN!!. And besides, we now have a living space far above the water level which can be used in the event that the main fortress has to be abandoned to flooding for a while.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2015, 11:09:52 pm »

:-X
*Motherly voice*
Now, now boys. I don't want to know which one of you started it. I just want all of you to swear you won't fuck with the river again.

But it's his fault!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:12:44 pm by TheCheeseMaker »

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2015, 01:53:44 am »

I got PM'd that it was my turn, so I'll see about getting an update out shortly. I haven't really been following this thread all that well, so I'm going to be going in mostly blind.

Also, BTW, I am so gonna fuck with that river—just sayin'.
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2015, 02:04:37 am »

Could I perhaps be dorfed? Male Mechanic and/or Carpenter, preferably. And a few pages ago Gwolfski said I could have a turn, but I'm not on the list...
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2015, 10:37:58 am »

Could I perhaps be dorfed? Male Mechanic and/or Carpenter, preferably. And a few pages ago Gwolfski said I could have a turn, but I'm not on the list...

oh, sorry. updating list,

any way, since people really want to mess with the river, i will post a description of all rever-related livers somewere(here)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was his fault!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:03:24 pm by Gwolfski »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2015, 11:09:09 am »

I got PM'd that it was my turn, so I'll see about getting an update out shortly. I haven't really been following this thread all that well, so I'm going to be going in mostly blind.

Also, BTW, I am so gonna fuck with that river—just sayin'.

Quick history:
 1st year: base fortress establisshed. Bloodfall chasm. Death to crocodile
 2nd year:food production. farms. weremonitor (type of lizard)
 3rd year:My new office. 42-bed Hospital.
 4th year:children murdered
afteer that, somewhat in order: adamantine,goose &cat sparring, fps near-death cos of water plant,ministry-of-not-dying-horribly inspection,floods x3, all the dwarfs drink all the fucking booze! whoa, i know you are mad alcocholics, but slow down, okay? DO NOT TOUCH RED LEVERS MORE THAN ONCE!!!!!

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 19, 2015, 01:08:53 am »

I will keep this brief and keep the details to a minimum; this thread is not my LiveJournal and you do not care about my problems. To make a long story short, I do not have much time to sit around and play Dwarf Fortress for the time being. If anyone here still has interest in this fortress, he should take it upon himself to get playing before it disappears like all fortresses ultimately do.
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20