Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

help! I cant get this poll to open again!

If you can help, PM me!
- 0 (0%)
IF you cant, then dont PM mE.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 25, 2015, 04:57:24 am

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion) desperate for players!  (Read 39608 times)

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion)
« Reply #240 on: August 19, 2015, 01:20:45 am »

Ok then. According to the list, Karevos is up next. Sending a PM and if no reply is received in the next few days, we can pass it on to the next person in line.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 20, 2015, 09:18:28 pm »

I'm going to give Karevos until Subday, at which point I will download the save and begin my turn.
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2015, 11:19:43 am »

Since a PM was sent Thursday (at least it was Thursday in the USA and most of Europe), giving them until Sunday seems reasonable.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #243 on: August 21, 2015, 11:58:25 am »

do it till greenwich mean time 12:00 on saturday
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 23, 2015, 10:14:33 am »

I have the save.  The fps is low.  Very low.  As in it takes about 1 hour in real life for dwarf to hall a rock around.  I currently am planning to continue my turn, but it may take a very, very long time.

Although, I have plans which should potentially provide an increased fps.  Expect an update today or tomorrow, Tuesday at the latest.
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #245 on: August 23, 2015, 11:28:06 am »

run dfhack and type 'fastdwarf 1' into it. also try 'workNow1'

DO NOT TRY KILLING OFF THE CHILDREN AGAIN just doesnt work out well. or the animalsshut down the river.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 04:35:27 pm by Gwolfski »

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 24, 2015, 11:37:05 pm »

OOC: So here's my basic plan for increasing the fps, as well as an example of how the year is going to go.

Dear Mother,

MWAHAHAHAHAHAMWHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahHAHhahHHAAHHhaHahHhHHhahaHhHhHHhaAAaaaAAaHaHaHaHAHAahahahahahahAHhaHAHAHHaHHAHahhAhHahahahHaHaHaHaAhHAHaHhHaHHaHaHHaHhhAmahaahHahahahHAaHaHhhahaahahaAHHAHahaHaHa

HA

Ha

ha

ahem…

I’m not an evil dwarf.  I want the history books to know that.   I want, when they think of me, to think of me as a hero.  I am TheCheeseMaker, I do what I do because I thought it must be done, not because I enjoy it.  Everything I’ve done has been for the good of the world.

Or so I thought…

When Gwolfski first came to me, to ask me to join his cause, he told me that it was so that Armok would not destroy the world.  As long as chaos exists, the world becomes interesting.  Interesting means Armok is happy, which means protection and safety.  So by doing the so-called ‘terrorist actions,’ I was actually saving it.

But all this is a lie.

Gwolfski never was part of an organization to protect the world.  He never spoke with others who have lost their worlds.  He has never even seen a vision.  For all I know, he made up everything about Armok.

He is a genius.  An evil genius, but a genius none-the-less.  I know this now, after what he told me.  He told me of how he lied.  He told me of how, when he recruited me, he wanted only to see the innocents hurt.  And I had helped him with his monstrous goals.

I quickly knew that Gwolfski needed to be eliminated.  No longer can his reign of terror exist here.  I thought long and hard about how to beat him.  How do you defeat an evil genius who can rally entire fortresses to his cause, who can trick me, a smart guy, into believing his ridiculous cause for years?

Then it hit me.  I cannot outsmart a man as intelligent as he is.  I cannot beat him in a straight fight either, since he convinced me to place him in the military all those years ago.  But I can out-stupid him.  I can do something so rash, so unexpected, it is bound to kill him.  I've thought of this plan for at least a few seconds, so it's foolproof.  But when the history books call me insane, know now that they are wrong.  Know that this is, by far, the most intelligent decision I have ever made.

Spoiler: Actual Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your Son,
TheCheeseMaker

OOC: Yeah, the children aren't going to survive this, I made sure of that.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:40:16 pm by TheCheeseMaker »

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2015, 11:54:21 pm »

Wait, you're using spoilers to lower FPS? Aren't spoilers one of the big causes of FPS drop?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 25, 2015, 06:50:08 am »

Initially, yes they will killy fps even more. But as they slowly die and kill dwarves, it will raise again. Before, there were about 250 creatures on the map. Now there is about 350. I hope that by the time the fighting is done there will be about 100-150.

So yeah, right now the fps will go from ~4 to ~2, but hopefully it will increase to at least 10 by the time this is over.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #249 on: August 25, 2015, 08:01:45 am »

you absolute [CONTENT_REDACTED][OFFENSIVE_TEXT]!!!!!!
you lying [CONTENT_REDACTED][OFFENSIVE_TEXT]!!!!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 25, 2015, 08:42:10 am »

Wow... I don't know that I've ever been called a [CONTENT_REDACTED][OFFENSIVE_TEXT]!  I wouldn't take that if I were you...
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #251 on: August 25, 2015, 09:00:56 am »

sorry, i was over-exagareting try [SLIGHTLY_OFFENSIVE]

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 30, 2015, 11:26:29 pm »

Hopefully you have a plan for actually coming through the spoilers with the fortress intact.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 31, 2015, 09:53:20 am »

I do indeed.  So far all of the named dorfs but one are still alive and the demon horde has been cut in half.  Sorry for the lack of updates recently.  I've had a variety of real life issues which combined with the low fps have made progress incredibly slow. I'll post maybe tonight or tomorrow.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 07, 2015, 08:20:29 pm »

Guys...

The game file was corrupted. I lost all my progress.

I can't redo everything. I just can't. If you want, I can post what happened, but I do not have the time or patience to restart my turn. It's disappointing, because I was really looking forward to this, but it seems as if my life went out of its way to prevent it from happening.

The good news is that's 150 dwarves alive who wouldn't have been before. The bad news is that's 150 deaths and wanton destruction that no one else gets to experience.

Sorry :( Just move on to the next player.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20