Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Swarm Simulator  (Read 45273 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Swarm Simulator
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2015, 06:25:51 pm »

Saves you 33 hours of what though?  Staring at a screen?

You could save an infinite amount of time by not playing a cookie clicker game.
Technically unless you're immortal you only have a finite amount of time before you die.
Still, I find this number-increasing game more fun than the stock market, because the stock market doesn't involve conquering planets with unnaturally large swarms of all-consuming bugs.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2015, 06:27:01 pm »

Unnaturally large indeed.

I've had more Drones then there were atoms on earth and wasn't that far from having more atoms then you could find in the sun!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2015, 09:25:13 pm »

I still don't get the point. If you are going to save some larva, you might as well save all of it for yet another cloning until you are ready to spend all of it. Why save some when you could have just waited a little bit longer and gotten even more larva?

Clone as a limit (Something like it will only clone 100,000 times your production)... but also a clone completely unupgraded and unenhanced by bats saves you an entire day of "saving up" with a single cast.

Or I'll put it like this... you earn 1 larva a second...

In a day you earn 86,400 larva in total if you just save up.

A clone takes 4 hours to save up for and earns you 100,000 larva

Using Clone 6 times, the amount in 24 hours earns you a total of 600,000 larva.

So by not using clone you have 86400 larva in a single day... By using clone you earn 600,000 larva in a single day.

Each casting saves me 33 hours... but without Bats it would be worth 27 hours.

You may have misunderstood me, I was talking about the use of cocoons.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2015, 09:30:54 pm »

Ok I'll put it like this...

You have 100,000 Larva

You use clone

You got 200,000 Larva

You have 5 more uses of Clone left.

But Uhhh ohhh! If you use up all your Larva you won't have any Larva for cloning... I know! Lets cacoon the 100,000!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2015, 09:32:49 pm »

All cocooning does is provide you a place to store your larvae so you don't accidentally spend them.  They provide no numeric benefit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2015, 09:50:09 pm »

Ok I'll put it like this...

You have 100,000 Larva

You use clone

You got 200,000 Larva

You have 5 more uses of Clone left.

But Uhhh ohhh! If you use up all your Larva you won't have any Larva for cloning... I know! Lets cacoon the 100,000!

I don't get the point in saving any when you can just use the clone again. Making cocoons seems pointless, as you can get more larva from simply waiting longer rather than using your clones now, only spending half of your larva, and saving the other half for a future clone, when you could have saved ALL of them for the future clone. So if you are going to use them you might as well use all of them.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2015, 09:53:38 pm »

Because Clone requires you to have Larva to clone.

If you spend all of them, then you have no larva to clone.

But YEAH you don't need cacoon if you only spend half and can do that mental calculation in your head, and don't accidentally spend all of them.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:57:28 pm by Neonivek »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2015, 09:57:09 pm »

I'm pretty sure that cloning while you have larva simply clones the cocoons into larva. Have 300k cocoons and no larva? Clone and they are treated like larva and you get 300k larva.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2015, 10:02:18 pm »

I'm pretty sure that cloning while you have larva simply clones the cocoons into larva. Have 300k cocoons and no larva? Clone and they are treated like larva and you get 300k larva.

Well Cacoons count as Larva for the sake of cloning.

Cacooning only sets it up so you don't accidentally spend them... and since you need over 24 hours worth of Larva to get the bang for your energy, it means you will always need a bounty of extra larva around for clones.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2015, 10:24:14 pm »

Whee 1.82 trillion inactive mutagen.

Seriously, 200k mutagen in Lepidoptera, 1mil in bats, and 1mil in warp. 176 billion unused.

At this rate I can swarmwarp one day every hour.

It gets kinda ridiculous at the end, where a single drone makes 274 billion meat per second and I have 14 quattuortrigintillion drones, yet I've only reached hive neuron level.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2015, 11:14:41 pm »

as you can get more larva from simply waiting longer rather than using your clones now

Currently for me this waiting period that you are suggesting would be over nine days. That's why you use cocoons.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2015, 11:33:59 pm »

Whee 1.82 trillion inactive mutagen.

Seriously, 200k mutagen in Lepidoptera, 1mil in bats, and 1mil in warp. 176 billion unused.

At this rate I can swarmwarp one day every hour.

It gets kinda ridiculous at the end, where a single drone makes 274 billion meat per second and I have 14 quattuortrigintillion drones, yet I've only reached hive neuron level.

Yeah much MUCH MUCH later... Larva stops being the limiter and it becomes time once again...

Mostly because it just ends up taking more and more ridiculous amounts of larva to do anything that it just gets to the point where you just have to wait out production.

It is almost better I'd wager to just use spare mutagen instead of production boosters like Clone or Hatchery upgrades in the long run.

How effective is Meta Mutation anyhow?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:44:23 pm by Neonivek »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2015, 06:40:13 am »

Saves you 33 hours of what though?  Staring at a screen?

You could save an infinite amount of time by not playing a cookie clicker game.
wow we sure got btfo right guys lets stop playing this game now

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2015, 03:01:42 am »

I probably should've ascended a while ago. I produce 1.5 billion larvae a second.
But I only have about 62 billion inactive mutagen so I'll wait a bit longer.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2015, 10:00:24 am »

If it helps you the next mutation is 3.81T mutagen.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13