Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Swarm Simulator  (Read 45298 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Swarm Simulator
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2015, 10:02:34 am »

That'd probably be after where I'm at - I've just been reinvesting my energy into Lepidoptera or however they're spelt so I can get an energy boost.
Nearly 100%. Neeeearly.

Your long since past it.

I didn't notice how useful it was until it was too late.

Since to my calculations, each casting is worth 27 hours, in only 12000 energy

While Larva rush, each casting is 40 minutes in only 1600 energy.

Larva rush adjusted for energy is 7.5 times... which makes it only 5 hours worth. Meaning you get over 5 times more bang for your buck with clone.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:08:12 am by Neonivek »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2015, 10:04:22 am »

Oh. I guess I've been avoiding the issue by just letting the game idle while I go to work and such so I can build up 60 billion larvae.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2015, 10:11:27 am »

Oh. I guess I've been avoiding the issue by just letting the game idle while I go to work and such so I can build up 60 billion larvae.

Or every 3 you could have 200 billion.

There is little ways around it, you need to use clone now if you want to seriously cut your wait times down. Since well...

In 24 hours you can get about 6 Clone rushes... Each one is worth 27 hours... meaning that in a day you earn 6.75 days... basically you just about earn a week of waiting in a single day.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2015, 10:18:35 am »

Is clone worth 27 hours of production? I thought it just doubled your larvae numbers.
Sig! Onol

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2015, 10:21:40 am »

Is clone worth 27 hours of production? I thought it just doubled your larvae numbers.

It is essentially worth 27 hours if you get it to its max, which you should be attempting to do at this point.

Just start cacooning your excess Larva now... Then next time you clone... immediately cacoon it... then just keep doing that until you hit the max for clones.

You might lose a day of progression, but you will earn it back quickly.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:26:20 am by Neonivek »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2015, 10:28:49 am »

Ah, alrighty. I'll just build this last nexus and get right to it.
Sig! Onol

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2015, 11:51:31 am »

I just discovered there are snarky mouseover texts on all the units.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2015, 12:36:00 pm »

Over the descriptions. So Swarmlings say "Groups of six at the wrong time can be pretty vicious too" when you hover over the short snippet about them.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2015, 01:04:00 pm »

One thing I wish the game would have done is change the description of them when you upgrade them.

It is weird when your giant cyborg creatures from space are outclassed by tiny fruit flies.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2015, 03:51:42 pm »

For your swarmwarp calculations, did you take into effect the production of your queens and such?

Later on moving up in tiers is pretty hard, it seems that units will outproduce manually doing things with larvae.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2015, 05:22:28 pm »

And there's the Touhou reference.

Trying to get into Hive Queens, I've got 71 million hives, but that's only 71 HQs.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2015, 06:29:40 pm »

For your swarmwarp calculations, did you take into effect the production of your queens and such?

Later on moving up in tiers is pretty hard, it seems that units will outproduce manually doing things with larvae.

They do, but then you start buying higher tier stuff. And swarm warp increasing the numbers of things you are not buying doesn't actually help you. Except for the ability to buy more fighting things to get more territory to get more larva. But larva cloning is still better (the chunk of larva it gives you is enough to rocket yourself forward on meat production so that you'll soon catch up to where you would have been if you had swarmwarped.)

Trying to get into Hive Queens, I've got 71 million hives, but that's only 71 HQs.

You probably want like, a billion hives before you start moving up to hive queens proper. Something around that number. If I recall correctly. (Except for twin upgrades, which are worth getting quite quickly in most cases.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2015, 09:21:11 pm »

I can't begin to tell you exact numbers, but basically you want to move to the next meat unit tier when what you buy can pay for itself reasonably quickly.  At some point you'll hit a "golden age" (assuming you have larvae saved up) where the next tier up is producing the lower tier fast enough to get a positive reinforcement going for a while, until you're larva limited again.  Past that point, it's not worth buying the lower tier any more.

In the upper tiers (about hive empress level), it'll become worth buying the twin upgrade in the tier above where you are (dipping two tiers above your current spot for a moment) to make twinning the lower tier cheaper.

Clone Larva is hands down the best spell before you ascend.  You might want to larva rush a couple times to get to where cloning them is more energy efficient, but once you're up, cloning is much better.  Swampwarp is junk unupgrades (but awesome upgraded, especially when it gives you a week+ of production.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2015, 09:27:47 pm »

Are there things beyond Hice Empresses?
Sig! Onol

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2015, 09:28:21 pm »

Yep.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13