Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Swarm Simulator  (Read 45277 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Swarm Simulator
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2015, 12:30:04 am »

This might answer several of your questions.

Going to have eight mutations after I ascend for the third time.  Getting everything but Rush and Clone, because I'm heavily running Swampwarp.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2015, 12:36:21 am »

Look at it, it seems like a split between hatcheries and clone is best, favoring clone. And that warp is probably never actually worth the energy cost when you could be cloning. (Unless you have all your mutation points in it of course, but then you'd be better off respecing into clone and hatcheries)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2015, 12:48:02 am »

Warp gives you meat and territory though, which you can turn into a higher base rate for larva.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2015, 01:02:55 am »

Edit: Actually I fucked something up at some point in this post, it's way too late for me to find out what though. I'm just going to delete the post, leave that I'm pretttty sure that clone is better for the first accession (although on further thought warp might be better to respect into afterwards), and then go to bed.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:22:45 am by Criptfeind »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2015, 01:56:40 am »

Not exactly sure how the exact costs works yet on the mutations, but assume that you have enough mutagen to increase either your base rate by 10x, your clone rate by 10x or both by 5x.  Since they stack multiplicatively... note that 5*5 = 25 > 10.

The above assumes that the cost doesn't increase as you increase the multiplier and that they both increase by the same multiplier for a given quantity of mutagen, both of which are probably false, but although these might it might change the optimal point slightly, still leaves you with a setting that except in the edge case where the initial cost is too prohibitive, but since we are arguing in the limit, we can disregard initial costs. For stacking one to be better than splitting between both, the total cost function would have to be strongly sublinear.

Let's play it out hypothetically. Base larva production is 100 a minute and clone is base 100% increase, used clone after production plays out.

Control: After 1 hour you will have 12,000 larva

10x mutation for hatcheries: 120,000

10x mutation for cloning: 66,000

5x each: 180,000
----------
After 5 hours, Control: 60,000

10x mutation for hatchery: 600,000

10x mutation for cloning: 330,000

5x each: 900,000
--------
After 9 hours, Control: 108,000

10x mutation for hatchery: 1,080,000

10x mutation for clone:594000

5x each: 1,620,000
---------------
Now, to compare...

10x hatchery: always 900% more larva from control, no change
10x clone: always 450%, no change
5x each: always a 1400% increase, no change

So, in conclusion, I either ****ed up or none of these mutations have an advantage over the other based on how long you wait. I feel like I have wasted my time.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2015, 01:57:55 am »

Warp gives you meat and territory though, which you can turn into a higher base rate for larva.

But the larva can be used solely for higher meat production, which is the usual bottleneck for territory production!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2015, 02:01:13 am »

I'm about ready to ascend for the first time.
I've also just finished empowering all of my soldiers, for fun.
I've also just become larva-bound instead of hive-bound on buying more hive queens,so I'm producing more hives than I am producing larvae.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2015, 07:19:41 pm »

The fact it runs on chrome mobile overjoys me. This still is more fun than all the stupid mobile games you can find.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2015, 08:43:58 pm »

It's amazing how well games run when you don't overload them with unnecessary bullshit.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2015, 04:10:26 pm »

What is the point of cocoons?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2015, 04:14:45 pm »

What is the point of cocoons?

There is a "Clone" power... Cacooning to save for cloning.

It is so you don't accidentally spend all your Larva.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2015, 04:26:37 pm »

I still don't get the point. If you are going to save some larva, you might as well save all of it for yet another cloning until you are ready to spend all of it. Why save some when you could have just waited a little bit longer and gotten even more larva?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2015, 04:30:57 pm »

I still don't get the point. If you are going to save some larva, you might as well save all of it for yet another cloning until you are ready to spend all of it. Why save some when you could have just waited a little bit longer and gotten even more larva?

Clone as a limit (Something like it will only clone 100,000 times your production)... but also a clone completely unupgraded and unenhanced by bats saves you an entire day of "saving up" with a single cast.

Or I'll put it like this... you earn 1 larva a second...

In a day you earn 86,400 larva in total if you just save up.

A clone takes 4 hours to save up for and earns you 100,000 larva

Using Clone 6 times, the amount in 24 hours earns you a total of 600,000 larva.

So by not using clone you have 86400 larva in a single day... By using clone you earn 600,000 larva in a single day.

Each casting saves me 33 hours... but without Bats it would be worth 27 hours.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 04:42:06 pm by Neonivek »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2015, 06:16:49 pm »

Saves you 33 hours of what though?  Staring at a screen?

You could save an infinite amount of time by not playing a cookie clicker game.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2015, 06:23:21 pm »

Saves you 33 hours of what though?  Staring at a screen?

You could save an infinite amount of time by not playing a cookie clicker game.

Of waiting unlike a LOT of other games of this type... this one "essentially" runs while you aren't playing it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13