Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Pithy Quotes Thread  (Read 12896 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Pithy Quotes Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2015, 11:00:33 pm »

"Hmm... what shall we do with you?  I know, let's go with something familiar.  Something peculiar.  Something for everyone, a comedy tonight.  By which I mean we'll burn you alive in lava and laugh."
~4maskwolf, playing dwarf fortress

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2015, 08:55:25 am »

"If I ever get quoted from another person is that I am a horrible man in history or a great man in history."
So far, neither.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2015, 01:05:24 pm »

"If I ever get quoted from another person is that I am a horrible man in history or a great man in history."
So far, neither.

I figured if I ever get quoted, I would want it in the most esoteric way to confuse most amount of people.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2015, 08:22:33 pm »

"There are two states to man.  One in which they have no idea what they are doing, and the other in which they are the equivalent of the god of the situation.  It is also true that not a single person that has dealt with government has achieved the latter.  Ever.  Except for Ghandi, that is.  He had shit figured out."  - Zanzetkuken
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2015, 08:42:11 pm »

"People make thought provoking statements that years later will be carved in stone. The others are the type that will carve in that stone saying 'Confucius says- Man on toliet is high on pot.' "
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2015, 08:50:42 pm »

Pithy quotes? Oh, I've got one!

"pithy adjective \ˈpi-thē\
1. (of language or style) concise and forcefully expressive.
2. (of a fruit or plant) containing much pith."
-Merriam-Webster

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2015, 12:03:28 am »

"Oranges, lemons, and other citrus fruits." - Objective
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2015, 12:10:01 am »

"An arbitrary object has a certain usefulness value, expressed as x. Fire has a usefulness value expressed as y. Fire has several important uses; thus, the value of y must be positive. Hence, y+x>x. Conclusion: Setting an object on fire makes it more effective." -Remuthra

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2015, 01:14:44 am »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:22:31 am by penguinofhonor »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2015, 02:39:01 am »

"An arbitrary object has a certain usefulness value, expressed as x. Fire has a usefulness value expressed as y. Fire has several important uses; thus, the value of y must be positive. Hence, y+x>x. Conclusion: Setting an object on fire makes it more effective." -Remuthra

Hmm, yes. I concur!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2015, 03:24:08 am »

"I'm disappointed that nobody caught my pithy pun."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2015, 03:28:38 am »

"100% of participants in a recent study decided to dodge the hunks of wood thrown at them rather than catch them, regardless of the pithiness of the wood in question." - throwing things at people is fun, especially when you can justify it with "its for science"
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2015, 04:20:20 am »

"I'm disappointed that nobody caught my pithy pun."
"I'm disappointed that nobody caught my subtle admonishment.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2015, 04:42:39 am »

"This thread is nonsensical bollocks." - Me, after wading through all the pith.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2015, 08:37:11 am »

So far, neither.

I figured if I ever get quoted, I would want it in the most esoteric way to confuse most amount of people.
"Thusfar success."

"This thread is nonsensical bollocks." - Me, after wading through all the pith.
"I fear I have spawned a monster." - myself.

"100% of participants in a recent study decided to dodge the hunks of wood thrown at them rather than catch them, regardless of the pithiness of the wood in question." - throwing things at people is fun, especially when you can justify it with "its for science"
"Everything from the upmost atrocity to the most miniscule of inanity can be justified as being 'for science'. After all, what is science but doing a thing that noone thought was a good idea then repeating it until everyone is too tired to reject your reason of why the thing you were doing is done the way it is. Kind of like tradition, but under the guise of being new, rational, and the end-all path to knowledge, enlightenment and happiness. Tell me, what scientist is happy except the one who is being paid exorbitant sums of green slips of cloth paper by another man to do the science he is too smart and sane to do himself, but needs the answer to trick others into giving him their green slips of cloth paper instead of buying food." -Capt. Ringo McClellan

"I might well flunk out of college due to this thread." -Capt. Ringo McClellan
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9