Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Pithy Quotes Thread  (Read 12887 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Pithy Quotes Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2015, 06:35:28 pm »

'Better to satisfy a pig than to dissatisfy a man. In short: Sometimes you have to take one for the team, even if it means fucking livestock.'
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2015, 07:10:17 pm »

Life's journey is full of ravines. Build a bridge or stop travelling.

When I read that I thought it was Ravens. Oh well, let's try one for myself.

I live in an age where the way science fights ignorance is by ignorance.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2015, 07:22:52 pm »

Life is a journey full of ravens. There will be bird crap everywhere, bring wading boots.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2015, 07:58:37 pm »

Quote from: Tack
"It is the truest lamentation of man when we are torn betwixt two paths. The first, the path of honor is the path of the self-righteous and the path of the elitist, whereupon we must post in an offending thread to inform the world in general of it's crippled longevity; and the self-righteousness and elitism of such that post within; the path of Irony whereupon we airily inform our ephemeral acquaintances that they have unwittingly participated in the orchestrator's 'circlejerk' whilst clumsily jerking ourselves with our indignance.
The second, the path of cowardice is the path of the lurker, the intelligent and the inoffensive, is for those who have reasoned that once they post upon this thread, they shall forever be tortuted by its offensive presence on their "new replies" slate. These who unerringly realize that their little rants will undoubtedly have zero effect on the longevity of the thread itself and will only force themselves to be subjected to it's subjectively repulsive existence.
Woe most of all to those who know of the second path and choose to follow the first, for this is the path of the martyr.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:20:32 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2015, 08:09:18 pm »

Not mine, but a set I came across once:

"Find Harry Potter and bring him to Narnia.  The Death Star is ready for our war against the Time Lords." - Saruman
"I am Groot" - Hulk
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2015, 10:50:40 pm »

"If you can't get someone else to quote you, it's probably not a good quote."

I concur.

"I've always wanted a place to be self-congratulatory and narcissistic." - SomeStupidGuy
-Strife

You're probably our best narcissist here. How many people decided to blog their life an actually accrued a following?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2015, 10:56:40 pm »

"I've always wanted a place to be self-congratulatory and narcissistic." - SomeStupidGuy
-Strife
-Itnet "quoting a quote as my own quote, and 3rd layer of a pyramid" Lolor

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2015, 12:24:40 am »

"Put a fish in your pocket." - Birdy51
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2015, 01:34:04 am »

"It is the truest lamentation of man when we are torn betwixt two paths. The first, the path of honor is the path of the self-righteous and the path of the elitist, whereupon we must post in an offending thread to inform the world in general of it's crippled longevity; and the self-righteousness and elitism of such that post within; the path of Irony whereupon we airily inform our ephemeral acquaintances that they have unwittingly participated in the orchestrator's 'circlejerk' whilst clumsily jerking ourselves with our indignance.
The second, the path of cowardice is the path of the lurker, the intelligent and the inoffensive, is for those who have reasoned that once they post upon this thread, they shall forever be tortuted by its offensive presence on their "new replies" slate. These who unerringly realize that their little rants will undoubtedly have zero effect on the longevity of the thread itself and will only force themselves to be subjected to it's subjectively repulsive existence.
Woe most of all to those who know of the second path and choose to follow the first, for this is the path of the martyr.

Also Jesus Hell, McClellan, you can't just punch someone in a religious argument and then do the "YOU CAN'T PUNCH BACK THIS ISN'T A RELIGIOUS ARGUMENT NUR NUR" biz.
It is all levels of uncool.
Let the kid have his quote and his  of burgeoning god complex- who are you to stop him from quoting in the quote thread.
Because A) I thought he was being stupid for real, when actually I was and well... A pretty much covers it as my B point was a subset of A and I have no C point to satisfy my urge for odd prime numbers, so you get this instead.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2015, 01:40:59 am »

It is very difficult to stop at A, isn't it?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2015, 07:30:26 am »

It is very difficult to stop at A, isn't it?
Yes, yes it is.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2015, 11:38:43 am »

'Better to satisfy a pig than to dissatisfy a man. In short: Sometimes you have to take one for the team, even if it means fucking livestock.'

Bentham and Mill are turning in their graves.

Maximum happiness, indeed :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2015, 03:37:10 pm »

"If I ever get quoted from another person is that I am a horrible man in history or a great man in history."
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2015, 03:41:04 pm »

"AAAAAAARSE!" - Me, going around a roundabout significantly faster than I should have.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2015, 03:43:57 pm »

"I sure hope that propane tank doesn't rupture back there. I could single-handedly murder everyone on this side of the road." - Me, in heavy city traffic.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9