Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: YG: Gods of the Glow 15.5/15  (Read 38696 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: YG: Gods of the Glow 15.5/15
« Reply #285 on: March 20, 2015, 09:47:45 am »

Itar uses 5A to recreate the Blue Barbs and tasks them with spreading blue.

"My fellow gods." I would like to propose the creation of a guardian race to protect our races and make sure the rules that the council create are upheld.

Oppose this. If it's created from Council funds, everyone should know the 'specs' of the race, and thus be able to defend against them, either by making themselves immune, or obliterating them.

Only the Council and the other gods have the power to force another god into submission.

If you wish to defend your own races, you should build something yourself, perhaps in secret. At least that way the other gods will have to work to be able to figure out how to get past your defences.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 20, 2015, 01:12:08 pm »

Itar uses 5A to recreate the Blue Barbs and tasks them with spreading blue.

"My fellow gods." I would like to propose the creation of a guardian race to protect our races and make sure the rules that the council create are upheld.

I don't think any guardian would be able to protect mortals from the kind of apocalyptic mess we tend to make. If we really want to protect them we should surround each planet with some kind of forcefield or something similar. Since I'm running out of essence I won't be able to support any project though.

I'll have to Oppose this until you come up with a better solution.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:13:20 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 13, 2015, 01:13:19 pm »

"Oh...probably should have mentioned this sooner, but right before we all died I might have learned some stuff, about our weird Titan friends."

Spoiler: Titan Faction Stuff (click to show/hide)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 13, 2015, 06:20:13 pm »

"Oh...probably should have mentioned this sooner, but right before we all died I might have learned some stuff, about our weird Titan friends."

Oh well, looks like we have a new priority now. Does anyone have an idea on how to destroy the very concepts of change and stagnation? Or more realistically, how to avoid a horrible death from them again? Unless we want to join one of them before it's too late?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 13, 2015, 06:39:24 pm »

Oh well, looks like we have a new priority now. Does anyone have an idea on how to destroy the very concepts of change and stagnation? Or more realistically, how to avoid a horrible death from them again? Unless we want to join one of them before it's too late?

"I feel that it is much too late for such a thing, seeing as we have already been destroyed. Can you not feel the forces acting on us? It feels like centuries since we even last spoke. I am still here holding the plans I was presenting instead of doing literally anything else."

Hecate fixes his glasses, continuing to present from the book. The image changes, this time to a holograph of a long staff.

"Prepared for this eventuality, I do have another design. The Hecate I Anti-nonmaterial rifle. As we all seem to be powered by, or driven by, various concepts I had designed a weapon fit for removing concepts themselves. In theory, at least, with a massive expenditure of power from all of us combined could give this weapon enough power to destroy whatever concept we point it at. Simply removing the very concept of something from existence. It was not designed for something as large as these beings who created us, though we may be able to at least harm the concept with our current power. If we where actually successful for something as encompassing as their spheres, it would likely destroy everything we hold dear even worse then they could themselves. I wouldn't suggest this as anything but a last resort. It may be possible to use another one of my designs, that I will not present in the case that it is needed, to defeat them in a more conventional way with all our powers combined if we manage to get to that point. They seem to fear us to some extent, or at least not want us against them, likely hinting that we can defeat them if we simply become powerful enough to do so. 

.....This is far too much talking. They will pay for making me talk this much."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 13, 2015, 08:50:34 pm »

"I must warn you that there are other factions, and any attempt on our part to destroy the Spire or Abyss could anger them.. The one that spoke to me, the Watchers, also appear to lack any concept and might be immune to you rifle, Hecate."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 13, 2015, 09:03:38 pm »

"I must warn you that there are other factions, and any attempt on our part to destroy the Spire or Abyss could anger them.. The one that spoke to me, the Watchers, also appear to lack any concept and might be immune to you rifle, Hecate."

"As I said before, this weapon would destroy us if we used it for that purpose. I do not suggest it either. Having said that, if it where to be created its only practical purpose would be as a WMD, an attempt to keep them a sufficient distance away. Now that that is explained, I believe you are severely underestimating this weapon. If this works as theory indicates, nothing can be immune to it. We could aim it at the very concept of 'immunity' and erase it from existence with one pull of the trigger. So long as we define something as a concept, it can be deleted. The plans also account for 'focused' beams, though I have even less of an idea how that would work, and it is a feature which would drive up the already substantial price. Essentially, this lets you eradicate the concept of a single object. To put it as an example, lets say we made a horrible concept in order to destroy this weapon. Such as "earwax pudding". Surly, this needs to be erased from our existence. With a normal shot at the very concept of "earwax pudding", the concept would be destroyed completely, whatever effects that will have. Under a "focused" attack, it would erase a specific bowl of "earwax pudding" from existence, whatever that means, while leaving the rest of the concept to trudge on sadly. Even without the focus, we could simply erase the concept of whatever the "watchers" are, the same way we could erase the concept of "Titans"."

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 13, 2015, 09:17:33 pm »

"This weapon of yours will be incredibly expensive, and I fear talking about it has probably got the Watchers already planning how to stop us before we use it."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 13, 2015, 09:24:04 pm »

"This weapon of yours will be incredibly expensive, and I fear talking about it has probably got the Watchers already planning how to stop us before we use it."

"I am well aware that it will be expensive. I do believe I mentioned that several times in the plan. It would likely need an absurd amount of essence to fire every time, rather then being able to act for free. It is possible to add more 'frailties' to it, making it cheaper but taking away some of its power. I don't have them in the current design. This was assuming we had grown much further then we have. It isn't a weapon made for newborn gods. We already died once, and I really would like to get back to my bunker. I think that is all my plans for now. I am done here. If you have more to say, Charta will take it."

A massive book appears out of nowhere, quickly shutting around Hecate before vanishing. Charta is still there, the word appearing as they always have.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 13, 2015, 09:39:38 pm »

"Let us continue to watch and learn and further the civilizations. I believe if we set many eyes on the plane of existance we can acquire great knowledges and skills. These void beings began acting on us when we aroused them didn't they?"

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 13, 2015, 09:43:45 pm »

Do we have an idea of the amount of time we have left before these titans attempt to eradicate us? It would be quite useful to know. And about that weapon of mass destruction, would it be possible to drain the power of another being, most likely against their will, to power it? If so it might be much more affordable to use, provided we can build it in the first place.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 13, 2015, 09:46:20 pm »

"I am well aware that it will be expensive. I do believe I mentioned that several times in the plan. It would likely need an absurd amount of essence to fire every time, rather then being able to act for free. It is possible to add more 'frailties' to it, making it cheaper but taking away some of its power. I don't have them in the current design. This was assuming we had grown much further then we have. It isn't a weapon made for newborn gods. We already died once, and I really would like to get back to my bunker. I think that is all my plans for now. I am done here. If you have more to say, Charta will take it."

A massive book appears out of nowhere, quickly shutting around Hecate before vanishing. Charta is still there, the word appearing as they always have.
"Charta, please tell your master that if he/she should ever desire to learn more about the other factions, just ask."

Itar exemptions the moons and planet to see how badly damaged they were during the explosion.

"Let us continue to watch and learn and further the civilizations. I believe if we set many eyes on the plane of existance we can acquire great knowledges and skills. These void beings began acting on us when we aroused them didn't they?"
"Apparently they consider us powerful tools and when three of us joined one faction without realizing what was going on, they went to war over us."

Do we have an idea of the amount of time we have left before these titans attempt to eradicate us? It would be quite useful to know. And about that weapon of mass destruction, would it be possible to drain the power of another being, most likely against their will, to power it? If so it might be much more affordable to use, provided we can build it in the first place.

"Hopefully at the moment they do not either realize we are alive, or do not desire to go to war again at this point in time."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:48:16 pm by Ama »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 13, 2015, 09:52:39 pm »

"God of Knowledge, surly you feel it too. Hecate believes that a kind of Stasis already has overtaken us. It is likely we can never move foreword-not in a meaningful way. He wouldn't want to say it, but Hecate simply handed you the designs that might help and returned to his library so he may stay there for all of eternity. He has no hope, but did not want to give up without trying. Do you see what he means?"

"Unlikely. If you could directly drain a being powerful enough to activate it, we would likely be powerful enough to fight even without the rifle. We could potentially power it without essence-Hecate has other plans for somewhat similar weapons powered by Magic- and I suppose your own sphere might allow you to 'steal' some power from whatever source you desire to help power it. But it is not a plan I would suggest relying on."

"Apparently they consider us powerful tools and when three of us joined one faction without realizing what was going on. They went to war over us."

"It seems they where already at war. Judging by their power, what destroyed us would be the equivalent to raiding a small enemy armory to be sure they could not use it. A tactical move, insignificant in the large scale..."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 13, 2015, 10:01:01 pm »

"Then I shall invoke a ritual to awaken change again."
*Jafar produces light drums and begins drumming monotonously.
He cackles an ancient song speaking from his soul:
Universe Awaken now
The Time has come to spin again
Before you I will take a bow
Until the day I understand

Repeating this over and over he tries to pump Essence into the Universe to kickstart it again.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 13, 2015, 10:11:53 pm »

"Then I shall invoke a ritual to awaken change again."
*Jafar produces light drums and begins drumming monotonously.
He cackles an ancient song speaking from his soul:
Universe Awaken now
The Time has come to spin again
Before you I will take a bow
Until the day I understand

Repeating this over and over he tries to pump Essence into the Universe to kickstart it again.

Just hope that this doesn't bring the attention of one of the factions :-\ (not that I'm against what your doing, I'd love to be able to do something finally. I've been waiting for so long that I feel like an old man, despite my immortality.)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21