Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: YG: Gods of the Glow 15.5/15  (Read 38791 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: YG: Gods of the Glow 10.5/15
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2015, 08:00:23 pm »

"Aye, I see if we begin creating laws, stagnancy will follow, due to the fact that the mortals will try to live by this standard. We don't need rules, maybe we need a godking for dire situations though.

Now to the planet, I would like to give 5 essence to the pantheon and would like to request a planet that is dry and hot, full with valuable and useful minerals. It should be habitable though."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 08:02:29 pm by Detoxicated »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2015, 08:17:27 pm »

Anarchy then! I love this idea! I have no problem with using the council to make a hot planet, as long as we can all make stuff on it.

Ok, funny sock man, we can kill eachother but only if the other deserve it!

No godking though, we don't want to get stuck with a dictator or see power abuse.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2015, 08:24:24 pm »

"While laws are often harmful to creation, I propose the RED Code, which can pREDtect creation:

1. If a god accuses another and cannot prove the grEEn accusations, that god will be punished as the accused would be.
2. If any god steals from the property of the Council, that god must pay to the Council the value of the stolen property fivefold.
3. If any god steals from the property of another god, that god must pay the victim the value of the stolen property twofold.
4. If a god wounds or kills another whether in vengeance or otherwise, that god shall be harmed by the Council equal in proportion to the harm inflicted.
5. If a god in a collaboration with another should fail to perform as agreed upon, that god must perform again on the initial terms."

"At the very least, these RED laws should provide a swift, concrete means of pREDtecting creation. Voting on sections may be done sepaREDly for those who disagree."

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2015, 08:36:03 pm »

"I would help your Project, But I'm a Sock, I don't have Extra Body-Parts to give."

"While laws are often harmful to creation, I propose the RED Code, which can pREDtect creation:

1. If a god accuses another and cannot prove the grEEn accusations, that god will be punished as the accused would be.
2. If any god steals from the property of the Council, that god must pay to the Council the value of the stolen property fivefold.
3. If any god steals from the property of another god, that god must pay the victim the value of the stolen property twofold.
4. If a god wounds or kills another whether in vengeance or otherwise, that god shall be harmed by the Council equal in proportion to the harm inflicted.
5. If a god in a collaboration with another should fail to perform as agreed upon, that god must perform again on the initial terms."

"At the very least, these RED laws should provide a swift, concrete means of pREDtecting creation. Voting on sections may be done sepaREDly for those who disagree."

"Hmm, Those Rules seem somewhat Satisfactory, Although Somewhat Constricting towards my Spheres. Do we really have to Create a boring old normal Planet? Why can't we do something Different for once, It'd make for a Better Story, After all."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2015, 08:42:18 pm »

"I would help your Project, But I'm a Sock, I don't have Extra Body-Parts to give."

"Hmm, Those Rules seem somewhat Satisfactory, Although Somewhat Constricting towards my Spheres. Do we really have to Create a boring old normal Planet? Why can't we do something Different for once, It'd make for a Better Story, After all."

"Thread will do just fine, or lint, or anything so long as it was once part of whatever you consider your 'body'. As Hecate informed you before, he does not believe in novelty settings. A normal planet will serve its purpose just fine. If we find it lacking, we can make the necessary changes in the future."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2015, 08:48:35 pm »

"I am telling you though, a leader for dire times and only for those times, could come quite handy ahead of time."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2015, 08:49:32 pm »

This code has some merit to it. How about this. Any god can agree to follow any code they wish. If one agrees to comply with the rules of a code, they are protected by said code against all others who follow the code and simultaneously others who follow the code are protected from them. Any who do not follow a code will not be protected by a code. In effect, if a group of us agree to this, we can be at ease with each other. Those who do not follow the code will not be forced to but neither may they complain if bad things happen to them because they have not followed the code themselves and their petitions for justice will have no merit.

Do those in the Pantheon of Unity feel that this code is adequate?

My only requested addition is that it be called the RED Code of Unity.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2015, 08:57:15 pm »

"Haha, clever god of red. I see what you did there  ;)"
Jafar takes some notes, and records the agreement on the RED Code of Unity.

"I would agree to RED Code of Unity so count me in here."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2015, 09:18:25 pm »

I'm fine with all of these rules except number 3. Can we remove it?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2015, 09:21:15 pm »

"I think we should have a discussion about property. What is property to a being that can create anything on a whim?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2015, 09:22:16 pm »

"I think we should have a discussion about property. What is property to a being that can create anything on a whim?"

((What god are you again? I can't seem to find your sheet.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2015, 09:23:29 pm »

Exactly! And beside, Thieving is my main aspect. Forbidding it would be like making red illegal >:(

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2015, 09:23:40 pm »

If I create an artifact crown that allows the wearer to Unify many underneath him/her and one of you takes the crown, I would consider that stealing. I'd say non-living, non-intelligent objects that we have personally created or been given by the creator.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2015, 09:44:00 pm »

((Jafar God of Knowledge))
((Maybe we should start our posts with our title. Would make the following of discussion much easier))

I think as soon as something is given to a mortal or released into the world it becomes available to all, even through divine means. I mean if I were to help a mortal to steal said crown, would it be my theft? I have the feeling that our interaction with the world should be of a chaotic nature, direct interference only when really necessary. I have this idea of a divine game we could play.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2015, 10:04:09 pm »

Exactly! And beside, Thieving is my main aspect. Forbidding it would be like making red illegal >:(

"Just dont let anyone catch you in the act. Your not much of a God of Thieves if you get caught."  :P
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21