Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will run the successor thread to MurderMachines!

Shaggard
- 1 (3.3%)
TheFlame52
- 9 (30%)
peregarrett
- 8 (26.7%)
CaptainMcClellan
- 6 (20%)
Kefkacrazy
- 6 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: March 13, 2015, 03:14:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: MurderMachines's Successor  (Read 30581 times)

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
Re: MurderMachines's Successor
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2015, 07:42:47 am »

Yes, there is no way this will end in a complete cluster fuck.

Really? Awww....that's no fun....we need insanity
Memo to self: internet lacks capacity for subtle sarcasm.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2015, 07:51:40 am »

i am leet haxxor

Void god doesn't need empathy or social awareness. He doesn't care about what others think and what is appropriate behaviour, because he does what ever he wants.
Superior Creativity
Superior Musicality
Superior Linguistic Ability
Superior Spatial Sense
Void God will be dancing and singing while shredding his enemies into small pieces!
Worship and loyalty tends to be easier to come by when your men think that you love them and regard them as family.
(Also, peregar's comment reminds me of "Meet the Pyro". Anima: * hums the Loving Spoonful's "Do you believe in magic" horribly off-key while pureeing dozens of goblins. )

1. The original voidgod had amazing mental stats too
2. If the voidgod has any red stats ever I have failed - better max them all out
Yay! Though this might mean I need to buff the reapers s'more. On that note: Reapers no longer melt into magma on death. This is somewhat sad, but it's also good because we get a masterwork quality statue as if we'd killed a bronze colossus without (quite as much) effort. On the other side of the coin, these things are terrifying. Not as good as they should be - they have some critical existence problems in the survivability category - but in terms of damage capability, short answer: yes. The kiss of death is now working, so they can transmogrify our dwarves into a new type of wraith - the pale wraith - but its not as high a fatality chance as I was hoping for. Given what we're giving the creatures from the void, I feel I have the unspoken permission to crank up the dial. ( I'm also going to roll them an entity mostly copied from the Voidspawn so that they actually show up in game from time to time. So far I've been having a really difficult time getting domovye or reapers to spawn naturally in the world. In part, I suspect, because of their respective natures and that neither are sufficiently badass to survive vanilla worldgen. That's a bad sign in my book. )

Yep. You need to be more blatant with your sarcasm.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:53:12 am by CaptainMcClellan »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2015, 09:20:25 am »

Note to self, the Internet lacks the capacity to detect when sarcasm is being used to respond to sarcasm.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2015, 10:52:43 am »

Yeah... I found out how to make unarmed folks remove heads and limbs very effectively, and possibly helped apply those same methods with the reapers... severed limbs for everyone!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2015, 10:56:48 am »

Yeah... I found out how to make unarmed folks remove heads and limbs very effectively, and possibly helped apply those same methods with the reapers... severed limbs for everyone!
Pretty effectively yes, though I can't seem to manage it when controlling a reaper, so I am given to believe that it's most effective in a wild chance. For now it still hangs on bone rather than cutting clean through, leading to a blood mess more than a clean decapitation in most cases. When reapers do decapitate, it's pretty impressive! The head flies backwards several squares trailing blood. ( To be fair, I don't think this is utilization of their reaping technique, but rather attributable to the speed and puncture abilities of their injection technique, which I'm debating on even bothering to leave in now that the kiss of death works as it ought. ) What does everyone think? Should the reapers be allowed to make injections from the end of a blade as if it were a stinger?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2015, 10:58:57 am »

Hmmm, I know I've made humans who could punch heads right off (I was basically trying to mod in Saitama from onepunch man) but I think your material might need more density still.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2015, 11:02:58 am »

Hmmm, I know I've made humans who could punch heads right off (I was basically trying to mod in Saitama from onepunch man) but I think your material might need more density still.
Probably. A standard dwarf and even a domovoi can punch through reapers* if they're quick enough. What would you recommend? Density roughly equivalent to steel or use the angelic metals as a template?

( *In fact, leading cause of death amongst reapers so far appears to be being punched/whipped in half. Unless the no thought and no thought center for moving aren't working correctly, the skull being caved in shouldn't do it, right? )

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2015, 11:25:01 am »

I'd go with steel density, angelic metals are too light.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2015, 11:48:29 am »

I'd go with steel density, angelic metals are too light.
Any advice for getting  more domovye and reapers to show up in world-gen?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2015, 12:04:44 pm »

Make sure they've got a likes site and some biome support, helps if they can breed though.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2015, 12:40:42 pm »

Make sure they've got a likes site and some biome support, helps if they can breed though.
Domovye can (and should ) breed, reapers are supposed to just spawn in evil biomes and such. I haven't set up an entity for reapers, I guess I should so we can get attacked by sieges. ( I'm setting up a domovoi civ too and hoping that doesn't mess up their pet status, but I figured they'd need a civ to get past world gen. I'm also planning to add some secret stuff involving them. )

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2015, 08:43:04 am »

Made some progress, domovye now drop figurines on death (as intended), but they're not the appropriate ones. Does anyone know of a way to select what the figurine depicts or select various types of stone/wood? ( Currently they just drop diorite figurines, but I want them to drop a random type of wood. )

Also. Their entities aren't showing up in world gen still.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2015, 10:52:14 am »

Copy the kobold or animal-men entity and change the appropriate parts to fit your races.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2015, 11:07:07 am »

Copy the kobold or animal-men entity and change the appropriate parts to fit your races.
Yeah alright. Also, got Nightbringers going. Their blinding gas clouds and breath attacks function just fine ( if releasing a bit too often). They still need more work on their bodies, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2015, 11:27:27 am »

Yeah, hard to get things which can do a breath/cloud attack to not spam it without setting the timer up quite a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19