Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will run the successor thread to MurderMachines!

Shaggard
- 1 (3.3%)
TheFlame52
- 9 (30%)
peregarrett
- 8 (26.7%)
CaptainMcClellan
- 6 (20%)
Kefkacrazy
- 6 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: March 13, 2015, 03:14:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: MurderMachines's Successor  (Read 30532 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MurderMachines's Successor
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2015, 11:16:35 pm »

Oh, hi guys.

Long time no see. What's good?

Also, why do I have 20% of the vote? I'm a bit honored, I think.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 11:22:06 pm by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2015, 11:45:28 pm »

You have 20% of the vote because some people just want to watch the world burn. Myself included, though I think I voted for somebody else.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2015, 01:50:38 am »

My version of the answer: Because I'm 80% too boring and therefore could not steal your votes. :P

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2015, 11:02:44 am »

Hey, I only nearly destroyed the fort through my own incompetence once.

I still maintain that the fact that I shepherded Murdermachines to one of its deaths was because I was handed a truly amazing mess and because the drawbridge gate design was fundamentally severely flawed, which is totally not my fault. And, hey, we got a truly, truly magnificent reclaim site save out of it, didn't we, guys?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2015, 01:50:23 pm »

And we got the Voidgod to boot. Who was it that got him killed, again? Wasn't it against voidspawn?

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2015, 05:31:03 pm »

I haven't the foggiest who killed the Void God. It's been a long time :(

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2015, 02:18:49 am »

Speaking as a newcomer who read through the madhouse after the fact, it really has.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 18, 2015, 07:07:27 am »

If I recall correctly, this fort's pushing three years old. Counting Deathgate, the entire saga is probably about to reach its fifth anniversary.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2015, 07:45:57 am »

If I recall correctly, this fort's pushing three years old. Counting Deathgate, the entire saga is probably about to reach its fifth anniversary.

Rashinod Okbodgeshud
Deathgate the Doom-Fortress

"Welcome to Deathgate, home of the Doom Burger, can I take your order?"

-snip-

Current Save:
Download - Updated December 13rd, 2012
It's hard to believe how quickly time's flowed.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2015, 03:11:34 pm »

Even with a reclaim, I don't think any other succession fort has ever lasted 25 years.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 20, 2015, 05:07:08 am »

Over four years old. :o Hard not to feel like a part of something bigger. Also, why did we give up on MurderMachines if we're just piddling around waiting for DF2015 to drop? I'm gonna go find the most recent save and just kinda dick around a bit. Maybe do a let's play. I start my new job tomorrow - I hope - but that's part time and it'll be a few months before I go back to school, so a succession fort just might be the perfect thing for me. The fort's by no means dead, and it's not even really stalling. At least, last I saw it. Anyone else want a turn on the Deathgate 2.5 stretch while we wait?

EDIT: Sharing this for all to share: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=153159.0

EDIT EDIT: I've also got an older succession fort to pass around if you guys want to multitask so that more people can play at once.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 05:20:02 am by CaptainMcClellan »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 20, 2015, 06:07:00 am »

Given the amount of silliness that ends up occurring when I mess around with software installation on this computer, I won't be running any DF forts that require me to get a previous version of DF working.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 20, 2015, 06:30:32 am »

Given the amount of silliness that ends up occurring when I mess around with software installation on this computer, I won't be running any DF forts that require me to get a previous version of DF working.
XD

You don't just use the zip or the standalone Lazy Newb Pack?

That said, I haven't really done much with DF2014 yet. I dunno why. I started one fort which I assume is still somewhere on my harddrive, but I haven't had time to "get into" it. And I also don't see the point when DF2015 is still supposed to be coming this year. Whereas, in DF2012 you've got the three forts that I put the most time into, this one included. Actually, this one especially. Officially and unofficially I think I've put four in-game years into this fort. And I'm probably about to put in another five cos I never finished my mega construction and I feel pretty bummed about that. Also, for fort mode I think I prefer the old trees. The new trees are so far one of the only things I've ever seen that has made the game easier. I could just be saying that for now though.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 20, 2015, 05:07:50 pm »

Having only ever played fortmode with the new trees, I like having them, but I can certainly see how they'd make the game easier.

I do indeed use the zip. Interesting things kept happening when I tried to keep two versions separate, and eventually it stopped letting one of them launch. Go figure.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 21, 2015, 05:26:07 pm »

Hehheh, yeah. I don't know.

That's... Strange.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19