Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [ISG] The City of Harc  (Read 9104 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[ISG] The City of Harc
« on: February 20, 2015, 02:27:31 pm »

You have just arrived in the great city of Harc, filled with adventure, gold, magic, and intrigue! Also lots of crime and illegal shenanigans, probably some racism and bigotry. Maybe a few evil cults and apocalyptic schemes. People die a lot.

But first! Who the fuck are you?

Your character options, fresh from Who the Fuck is my DnD Character:
Spoiler: #1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #6 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #8 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #9 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #10 (click to show/hide)
Also, name and gender. Choose those too.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] The City of Harc
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 02:35:15 pm »

I'll take #1.

Sounds Female.

*Searches name generator*

Arikaria.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:37:56 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 02:36:13 pm »

We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 02:38:44 pm »

*Blink*

I had thought this was an RTD. Stupid me, forgot to check the subforum.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 02:42:55 pm »

I'll take #1.

Sounds Female.

Arikaria.
+1 the rest of this too.

*Blink*

I had thought this was an RTD. Stupid me, forgot to check the subforum.
It'd make a really good rtd, so that makes sense. :-)

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 02:44:21 pm »

#4.

Male.

Thog.

Thog is the kind of guy to just sit down at a table and start eating someone else's food. Not out of maliciousness, just because he doesn't understand why not.

Thog is the kind of guy to blow his nose and then wipe it on someone else's coat. Not because he hates that person, just because they were closest to hand.

Thog is the kind to headbutt someone for upsetting him. Not because he's particularly angry, just because he doesn't really get how to solve problems otherwise.

BUT.

Thog is the kind of guy to turn on a boss he was just hired and fed by because he saw him talk down to someone.

Thog is the kind of guy to punch a paladin in the face because he looked down on the so called "monstrous races".

Thog is the kind of guy who doesn't give a fuck about society or consequences. He just does what he feels is right.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 03:50:30 pm »

I'll take #1.

Sounds Female.

Arikaria.
+1 the rest of this too.
#4.

Male.

Thog.

Two for Arikaria, one for Thog.

You are Arikaria, a Tiefling warlock! You come from a noble family, but for various reasons (*cough*Tiefling*cough*) you've been effectively disowned and traveled to Harc to start your life anew.

You find yourself in...

1. The Soggy Goose Inn, a random, ordinary inn
2. The upper-class Mountain District
3. The slums just outside the city walls
4. The Bloodway, in the city's industrial district

...and you are, as always, accompanied by your pact-bound spirit. What is your spirit's name?

The pact that binds the two of you is a pact of...

1. Blood. Your spirit can possess you to increase your agility, strength, and endurance, as well as attempt to possess other people.
2. Mind. Your spirit can bolster your intellect, allowing you limited telepathy and precognition.
3. Soul. Your spirit can amplify your inner strength, allowing you to wield magic with far greater power as well as allowing you to overcome other ethereal powers through brute force.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 03:59:20 pm »

We're in the slums, looking for unfortunate souls to help. We're accompanied, as always, by Harl, our spirit, who is bound to us by a soul pact.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 04:03:01 pm »

We're in the slums, looking for unfortunate souls to help. We're accompanied, as always, by Harl, our spirit, who is bound to us by a soul pact.

+1, Harl is something of an Egotistical Sadist, But he means well.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 05:47:51 pm »

You and Harl are in the messy tangle of buildings that make up the slums, just outside of the city proper's walls. You, naturally, are chatting away at Harl as you make your way through the streets looking for people in need of help.

Harl doesn't say much. He's a good listener, though.

Nevertheless, you do a fine job of filling the empty air with words on your own. You never were a fan of silence, and even in the noise of the city, your habit of talking constantly carries on.

You consider your options for helping the poor unfortunate souls. You could...

1.Hand out alms. You still have enough money left from when you were evicted from your family's manor to help out others. [-10 coins]
2.Find someone who looks sad and offer to rip their enemies' souls from their carcasses.
3.Suggest an action.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 06:16:41 pm by Araph »

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 06:12:34 pm »

Find someone to talk to! Get them to pour out their entire life story! They must keep talking!!!

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 06:19:22 pm »

Find someone to talk to! Get them to pour out their entire life story! They must keep talking!!!
+1

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 06:21:17 pm »

+1
+1

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 07:01:30 pm »

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 07:45:55 pm »

+1
+1
+1

You continue on your way until you spot an old man sitting dejectedly on the side of the street. Without bothering to ask if he would mind you joining him, you sit down next to him and ask why he's so glum.

He explains that earlier that morning his usual sitting spot by the side of the road was taken by a large empty crate that someone had apparently forgotten about, so he's testing out new sitting spots and this one isn't up to scratch.

You say that's interesting and inquire further. Was there something that made the previous sitting spot special?

You listen happily as he explains the nuances of his previous sitting spot.

You are, for the moment, the old man.

You think to yourself what a sweet young lass this girl is for taking the time to discuss sitting spots with an old man. The horns are odd, but you've seen odder. Why back in your day the faux-horns were all the rage, they were called 'devil-ears' back then as you recall, you could go down to old Gerrard's corner store and pick up a pair for two coins, handcrafted, of course, back in those days everything was made the good old fashioned way, now these kids all use golems and magic instead of traditional sweat and elbow grease, I tell you hwat, now, back then there were --

You are no longer the old man.

While you're quite content to just listen to the old man talk, a guard passing by is of a different mind. The guard interrupts the story in a coarse tone and explains that loitering is an offence punishable by a fine of five coins.

Skill determining roll - Sense Motive: 13
Your Sense Motive skill is 6/10.

You notice that the guard only seems to be addressing you, ignoring the man who obviously would not be able to pay the fine. You conclude that this whole deal is more than a little suspicious.
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5