Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Pantheon: (Dis)Grace of the Gods: Chapter 1: Storm Hammer  (Read 16749 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: (Dis)Grace of the Gods: Chapter 1: Storm Hammer
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2015, 10:56:53 pm »

Make all rivers and lakes in the nearby area perfectly still for ten seconds, then have them continue from the position.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:19:16 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2015, 11:04:44 pm »

"Should we perhaps ask the locals if they have seen any giant godly hammers liein about?"

Look at our surroundings.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2015, 12:07:30 am »

"You guys look around, i'll go to the markets and investigate rumours"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2015, 10:43:41 am »

My inch-tall golems scatter looking for the hammer. The tea is delicious.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2015, 11:53:39 am »

Torphus goes down to the Mortal Realm and starts demanding that they return his hammer to him.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2015, 01:34:35 pm »

Divine Grotto

Cortza is still standing there, probably too drunk to realize what's going on around him.
Inforny looks about the room, still undecided on what he should do to help his brother.
Dave sips his tea, while looking through small images that he's manifested in front of him, to look through the eyes of dozens of tiny constructs.

Mortal Realm

In a small village, a local fisherman in his canoe is suddenly startled as the water around him instantly stops.
He looks down into the lake, and sees small fish, frozen in place, unable to move, as though the water is ice.
He dips his finger into the water, and upon pulling it back out, sees the water fail to fill itself, leaving a finger shaped indent in the surface.
As suddenly as it began, the lake returns to its normal state, and the fish swim again, and the water refills its displacement.
The fisherman shakes his head and decides to call it a day.

A short distance away, a group of strangers, followed by a herd of pigs, make an appearance at the outskirts of the village, and a storm starts to come in.
Nothing seems out of place. Nothing to indicate a missing god hammer, at least.
It's just a small village of wooden buildings, located along a lake, with a nearby forest. You can see a mountain in the distance, with snowy peaks. It's not too far away.

Durus heads up to a random villager and asks if there have been any ill fortunes lately.
"The sage said that he saw a comet in the sky yesterday! I do hope it is not an omen of the end days."
Ugh, stupid peasants.

Tieríco heads into the marketplace and inquires about rumors.
"I've heard people say that their daughters have went missing, then returned a couple days later, with no memory of what happened! I haven't heard of that happening for a few days, though."
Hmm. Could be Torphus responsible for that.

Speaking of Torphus, he appears in the center of the village from a bolt of lightning, grabs the closest merchant, and demands his hammer back.
The merchant is too stunned to even speak.
Well, shit. Way to be subtle.

Meanwhile, a hoard of minuscule golems search the various nooks and crannies about the place. They aren't finding anything, though.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2015, 01:36:13 pm »

"ANYBODY HERE KNOW WHERE MY FREAKIN' HAMMER IS!?!"

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2015, 02:38:34 pm »

"ANYBODY HERE KNOW WHERE MY FREAKIN' HAMMER IS!?!"

Cover his mouth quickly.

I swear to dad, you. Keep subtlety whilst we are here.

Afterwards, head to the sage.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2015, 03:02:04 pm »

Emer searches the town for any household eating breakfast, if she does find one she knocks on the front door.

"Fellow mortals, have you seen any giant godly hammers lying about?"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2015, 03:24:44 pm »

Give My babies magic sight. There may be a trail of where Torphus went.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2015, 04:36:23 pm »

"how much fucking trouble are we gonna get in for Torphus not keeping it in his pants"

Tier asks for the name of one of the girls, then tries to find her and ask her what she remembers

"oh dad I can't wait until mortals invent a frick-fracking department of missing persons"

blazing glory

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2015, 05:03:42 pm »

Go with Durus.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2015, 05:26:20 pm »

Go find a village elder and ask if they noticed anything odd happening recently. Or if Durus shared the villager's statement, follow to find the sage and ask where the comet fell, or the direction it went.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2015, 05:58:27 pm »

Torphus is about to begin shouting, but Durus quickly covers his mouth and drags him off.
Durus, Turon, and The God of Winged Creature, along with Torphus in tow, head to the Sage to see if these mortals know anything.

Meanwhile, Emer finds people still eating breakfast (Luckily, it's still rather early in the morning), and inquires as to any godly hammers of the lightning god.
Nobody has directly seen any god hammers, but one person claims to have seen a strange flash of light before the storm rolled in.
You aren't sure if that could be a clue to the hammer, or someone noticing Torphus trying to fry Yu earlier.

Tieríco gets irritated about the lack of a missing person's department, and inquires as to the names of any of the girls.
He quickly finds himself with a list of 14 individuals in the last year alone. Damn it.
The most recent incident was from 3 days ago, and they were gone only a single day. Apparently these occurrences have been happening for the past 8 or so years. You recall that Torphus is 9.

Dave's golems stop moving for a second as Dave upgrades them with some magic sight modifications. Now they can see where people have been, so long as they have a sample of them. One of them close to Torphus nabs a single hair from his leg before the god can notice, and uploads the data to the others, so they can scan quickly.
It seems that Torphus had been practically everywhere in this village, along with going along the river, and in a nearby forest...
The only place he doesn't seem to be frequenting is the nearby mountain, although that doesn't mean someone couldn't have come down to visit...

Durus, Turon, The God of Winged Creature, and Torphus all arrive at the sage to ask about this comet.
"The comet has not come down upon us yet, thank the gods. I saw it fly through the skies, it came from beyond the mountains, and soared across the sky towards the desert to the south. Perhaps this night, we may still see it?"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2015, 06:09:51 pm »

Pig-herd!Porcinus heads off to climb the suspicious mountain.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12