Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] Through the Maelstrom OOC (Taking Players [4/?] and Races [1/5]!)  (Read 9810 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

Fine, I'll take Navigator then. But I won't like it.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* Pencil_Art lurks ((Just letting y'all know. I may decide to join, but I'm warning you I haven't played a Pathfinder game before.))
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 02:41:01 am by Pencil_Art »

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile

Did you ever play D&D 3.5? Because it's pretty much that, but better.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((No :D. What crew positions are free?))
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:04:11 am by Pencil_Art »

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile

As far as I've noticed, everything except navigator and helmsman, so like... Captain, Engineer, &c.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Gonna go ahead and start making a sheet as a Tinkerer (INSERT SPECIES HERE) and roleplay as the engineer.))

Probably has already been said, but are we using other races from the regular path-finder game (Elves, Dwarves)?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:23:25 am by Pencil_Art »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I kind of wonder what position my character would be able to reasonably fulfill.

But I always figured I am the guy who heads up the team should they go into the wilderness and was otherwise just a hired sword.

Though I might have it where I paid to be a crew member.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone who's submitted some sort of character sheet so far I will add to the character list, as well as updating with the dwellers.

So, from what I've gathered so far:
Captain - ???
Helmsman - Delioth
Navigator - Squeegy
Engineer - Pencil_Art

<snip>

By the way, Pencil, don't worry, Pathfinder is very simple and I'll be doing the rolls for you for a short time.

We're not using typical fantasy races unless you want to use one (ie it takes up one of the race slots). The oread / dwellers are very similar to dwarves in terms of design, though, just made of stone.

I kind of wonder what position my character would be able to reasonably fulfill.

But I always figured I am the guy who heads up the team should they go into the wilderness and was otherwise just a hired sword.

Though I might have it where I paid to be a crew member.

I mean, they are taking muscle along. Even within the Aetherium, flights between planets are dangerous because of warp rays that come out of the Maelstrom and aetherstorms. There's also been stories of much bigger beasts, but sailors always tell stories.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't believe I completely forgot about alignment, but then again it is only important for alignment attacks.

I'll just go for Lawful Good and play my character the way that makes sense, taking any alignment adjustments that come along.

Mostly because I cannot really resolve in my own head where I would put him and his actions. Honestly I do believe he is Lawful Good, he does want to do the right thing and would prefer to go through it legally even if it means he can't always succeed.

Yet he would do things like ask for a reward, outright demand a reward, punish the guilty, or make sacrifices for the greater good. Things that every single DM has their own opinion on.

I still remember the game where the DM tried to shift my alignment from Lawful Good because my character actually asked for a reward because "asking for a reward is Neutral".
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 09:57:11 am by Neonivek »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think there's a lot of variations on the alignments. I don't like prescribing what is or isn't a given alignment (like a lot of the alignment books seem to do).

For me, at least, Lawful usually means sticking to a code or set of ethics. This CAN mean sticking to the law, but doesn't always. An antipaladin of Asmodeus doesn't obey law because it's law, he obeys it because there's someone stronger than him who believes that law should be in place. A monk isn't lawful because he obeys the law, but because he restricts how he may act with vows. Staying away from meat, never using certain weapons etc etc.

Good should be mostly selfless. Doing an alignment shift for asking for a reward isn't something I would do except under certain circumstances (demanding a reward from a peasant who only has the clothes on his back and his hut to give up).

Sacrifices for the greater good may be an alignment shift. If you're a paladin in the usual Pathfinder setting, that's the kind of stuff that can lead to a Fall. It depends on how you're doing it. If you're putting out a group of people as bait to catch a murderer (when you know the only way it's going to work is if they die) then that would definitely be some sort of alignment shift.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile

Well, considering my character doesn't fit into many other jobs in the ship, I'll just be the chef. At this point I'll divert craft points to brewing alcohol, unless you'll consider that as an alchemy craft check?
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean, I'd allow it to be an Alchemy check but you'd be making 100% pure ethanol. Mix it with some flavouring and water and hope you don't go blind. :p

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile

Just in case, I did decide to buy a keg of ale, so we (as the party, I'm not sharing that crap) have 10 gallons. Might get another because it's cheap.
Help us write a story!

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

I have some spare gold I can buy food and liquor with.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile

Booze is the most important thing a party needs to acquire, clearly
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7