Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] Through the Maelstrom OOC (Taking Players [4/?] and Races [1/5]!)  (Read 9820 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

Ah, I see. Well, technically a Gnoll is a normal Pathfinder race, just not a normal PC race. I have a supplement that gives stats for making them playable.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, I see. Well, technically a Gnoll is a normal Pathfinder race, just not a normal PC race. I have a supplement that gives stats for making them playable.

Link me the stats and I'll have a think on it. It can just cause a bit of an issue, because monstrous races are usually significantly stronger than player ones.

I guess you're referring to this one. That's a bit too weak. I'll allow for this one. Just give me some info so I can integrate it into the setting.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 05:15:54 pm by Rex Invictus »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Er...am I the only one who sees this as a bit premature, given how we're still working on the actual setting stuffs over in the other thread?

I haven't even listed the common races in the BOB. Or written up their elective system! THESE ARE TOTALLY IMPORTANT.

Since you seem determined to do this here, guess I'll throw those races in before everyone joins.

The most common races in the BOB are
1. Mage-Parasites (sapient parasites that spend the first portion of their lives being embedded with crystals and training as mages, later transplanted into a host from the other races en-masse)
2.Mosquitoes (yes, ordinary mosquitoes, though human-level intelligent and generally longer lived)
3. Giant Dragonflies (also sapient, though they are typically used as mounts in military matters and such. Also the most common hosts for the mage-parasites, meaning any dragonfly that expects to see combat is capable of strafing with fireballs and such.)
4. Jaguar-Primates (the most humanoid race in the BOB, think a cross between a jaguar and a gorilla. They are rarely hosts for the mage-parasites with about 100 dragonfly hosts to every primate one.

So there you go. You should be able to turn those last two into something playable. Although a party of nothing but mosquitoes would certainly be hilarious.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I'm referring to this one.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Er...am I the only one who sees this as a bit premature, given how we're still working on the actual setting stuffs over in the other thread?

I haven't even listed the common races in the BOB. Or written up their elective system! THESE ARE TOTALLY IMPORTANT.

Since you seem determined to do this here, guess I'll throw those races in before everyone joins.

The most common races in the BOB are
1. Mage-Parasites (sapient parasites that spend the first portion of their lives being embedded with crystals and training as mages, later transplanted into a host from the other races en-masse)
2.Mosquitoes (yes, ordinary mosquitoes, though human-level intelligent and generally longer lived)
3. Giant Dragonflies (also sapient, though they are typically used as mounts in military matters and such. Also the most common hosts for the mage-parasites, meaning any dragonfly that expects to see combat is capable of strafing with fireballs and such.)
4. Jaguar-Primates (the most humanoid race in the BOB, think a cross between a jaguar and a gorilla. They are rarely hosts for the mage-parasites with about 100 dragonfly hosts to every primate one.

So there you go. You should be able to turn those last two into something playable. Although a party of nothing but mosquitoes would certainly be hilarious.

It's a separate setting. :P If you want to join up, I'm willing to take players.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

It's a separate setting. :P If you want to join up, I'm willing to take players.
AH.
Good, I was scared there for a second. "HE CHANGED EVERYTHING" was playing over and over in mah brain.

Though the OP makes it sound like this and our thing will be connected in the future? Is the stuff in the other thread taking place on the "Larger Islands" noted in the OP perhaps?
Is this adventure's culture a part of the other world that just now has become capable of interacting with it? Or is it fully separate? You indicated some type of merge-y thing in the OP, is why I'm asking.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AH.
Good, I was scared there for a second. "HE CHANGED EVERYTHING" was playing over and over in mah brain.

Though the OP makes it sound like this and our thing will be connected in the future? Is the stuff in the other thread taking place on the "Larger Islands" noted in the OP perhaps?
Is this adventure's culture a part of the other world that just now has become capable of interacting with it? Or is it fully separate? You indicated some type of merge-y thing in the OP, is why I'm asking.

I wouldn't say it's occurring within the Aetherium, but it's entirely possible outside of it.

For now, assume no. Entirely possible in the future, though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dang a game that allows both of my favorite third party classes (yes I realize they are both unbalanced)... The Godlings and the Aegis. (I am a sucker for Lego block classes, sue me... Though between the two the Aegis is my favorite, it even lets you just entirely change your build if you so chose)

And an interesting setting that is both silly, in a good way, and intriguing.

UGH SOO TEMPTED!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:44:08 pm by Neonivek »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Ugh... I'm conflicted about joining this. On the one hand I've never played Pathfinder before and I'm not sure whether or not I have the time to play. On the other... Bat people. Freaking bat people. I don't know why, but I'd love to play as a bat person. Anyways, I guess that this counts as a PTW of some sort. Probably.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh damn, there are bat people? Nevermind, I'm gonna play a bat.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dang a game that allows both of my favorite third party classes (yes I realize they are both unbalanced)... The Godlings and the Aegis. (I am a sucker for Lego block classes, sue me... Though between the two the Aegis is my favorite, it even lets you just entirely change your build if you so chose)

And an interesting setting that is both silly, in a good way, and intriguing.

UGH SOO TEMPTED!

I don't think they're particularly unbalanced, especially with some changes I've made. Keep in mind the feat restrictions on psions (having to take psicrystal affinity, although that's pretty much never a negative) and the fact Godlings lose out on the 1st level feat.

You know you want in. ;)

Ugh... I'm conflicted about joining this. On the one hand I've never played Pathfinder before and I'm not sure whether or not I have the time to play. On the other... Bat people. Freaking bat people. I don't know why, but I'd love to play as a bat person. Anyways, I guess that this counts as a PTW of some sort. Probably.
Oh damn, there are bat people? Nevermind, I'm gonna play a bat.

There's something great about bat people. I don't even know what it is.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're adorable. That's what it is.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think they're particularly unbalanced

Psionics aren't gamebreakers by any stretch of the imagination. Just a few of them are "better" than other classes or do things that are incredibly different. They are balanced against other psionic classes but not to the base class, as well as requiring a psionic setting to balance some of their more esoteric feats (Such as the Astral Travel spells, which laughs in the face of greater teleportation)

Alright fine you convinced me I want to join.

I am just trying to think if I want to play a Aegis or a Aberrant... Aberrant is cooler but would be distrusted and feared and I am wondering if I would want to play a character like that.

As well if I want to play a custom race. The Dilemma is I probably want to play a human... But the ability to just insert a race into a setting is rather large and if I don't play it, I don't get that added race... (as well as their "patron" deity)

Hmmm I am between two concepts: Transforming Hero or Cursed but Caring.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:58:46 am by Neonivek »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're adorable. That's what it is.

I know, right? Their little bat faces.

I don't think they're particularly unbalanced

Psionics aren't gamebreakers by any stretch of the imagination. Just a few of them are "better" than other classes or do things that are incredibly different. They are balanced against other psionic classes but not to the base class, as well as requiring a psionic setting to balance some of their more esoteric feats (Such as the Astral Travel spells, which laughs in the face of greater teleportation)

Alright fine you convinced me I want to join.

I am just trying to think if I want to play a Aegis or a Aberrant... Aberrant is cooler but would be distrusted and feared and I am wondering if I would want to play a character like that.

As well if I want to play a custom race. The Dilemma is I probably want to play a human... But the ability to just insert a race into a setting is rather large and if I don't play it, I don't get that added race... (as well as their "patron" deity)

Hmmm I am between two concepts: Transforming Hero or Cursed but Caring.

Aberrant would definitely have a much harder time passing off their abilities as, "Oh, yeah, this is just natural strength. The tentacles I just grew? I've got allergies...?"

Depending on the race, I'd probably be willing to allow you to include it without having to play it. Mainly based off how interesting it is. :p

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7