Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58489 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Welcome to the Hall of Dubious Wonder]
« Reply #780 on: April 15, 2015, 11:41:23 am »

Tadhg looks into the mirror as the...anti-Tadhg...wrestles it out of the...anti-Sarco's...hands...no doubt less politely than you just asked.

Tadhg's other self seems to be a plumper, crueler version of himself-more like a rich Merchant sons, then a Pirate's Son. He's short and wiry, where you are tall and strong. He certainly seems to favor the same garments-though his vest is even richer than brocade, and his hat is yellow rather purple-and slightly larger. He carries a large axe over his own shoulder, sheathed in golden and silver inlay.

He looks at you with an air of insufferable disdain.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 15, 2015, 11:42:20 am »

"Caution Kawtari, those coins are possibly very dangerous to whatever society you try to use them in." Sarco said, a hint of distaste in his voice. "I think we should destroy them. Or at least be sure to not use them."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 15, 2015, 12:27:20 pm »

Samara raises an eyebrow at all of the... junk.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 15, 2015, 01:02:59 pm »

"The box is strange. But unless we're going to take anything else, we need to head back up. Time is short."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 01:08:19 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 15, 2015, 01:04:30 pm »

"The box is strange. But unless we're going to take anything else, we need to head back up. Time is short."

...Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 15, 2015, 03:19:49 pm »

Feclan isn't entirely sure what to do, except perhaps he is. He doesn't want to live nor die by the probable murder of these unknowns.

Action: Run forward to try to put myself between the crashed bird group and the pirates. If not possible before they get in fighting range then intervene through the sheer power of my sailor's voice.

="Men! Careful! We do not know how many friends they have coming for them - we would be accursed, were we to survive this long and then fall to these birdlings!"=

Then in Halfling (or Common if it gets no response):

"Ahoy there! We mean... well, I mean no harm, but my captors probably do. We were shipwrecked, as daft as it sounds so far inland, by a Roc, and have been starving these two weeks past, at least...  I lose track... May we barter for food, or offer services - or can you spare us enough to fend off the hunger? Where are we? Where is the nearest town or port?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 16, 2015, 02:39:37 am »

Aldeth takes a quick look in the mirror before moving to leave.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 16, 2015, 12:00:35 pm »

Aldeth takes a quick look in the mirror before moving to leave.

Strangely, Aldeth sees no difference than when she normally looks into a mirror-she sees the same damaged girl of no particularly strong desires or emotions, except a need to be free of fear and pain.

She waves shyly to you from her end of the universe.

---
"Ahoy there! We mean... well, I mean no harm, but my captors probably do. We were shipwrecked, as daft as it sounds so far inland, by a Roc, and have been starving these two weeks past, at least...  I lose track... May we barter for food, or offer services - or can you spare us enough to fend off the hunger? Where are we? Where is the nearest town or port?"

The pirates do halt, perhaps only to let you catch the first arrow from that crossbow.

The Halfling girl answers back in Halfling tongue after a moment, rough with disguised pain-and some accent you've never heard before.

%"Nine Hells ah yah talking about? Ya seem thick enough to me, chubba. Yah a few miles North of Omlett, if it mattas. Out in the middle of bleedin' nowhea!

...see, weah crashed down heah. The Hahpies tah a hole in ah boid. Ya best back off, er I'll gut ya! And me friends too, are coming down to deal with ya. Maybe if ya can convince yah 'captas' to not attack ah's, ye'll get summat to eat and drink."%

She hacks a thick wad of spit on the ground to show you how much respect she has for you.

((turn done))
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 02:52:18 pm by Dwarmin »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-A cry for help]
« Reply #788 on: April 16, 2015, 12:27:26 pm »

Tadhg is completely ready to leave.
Love, scriver~

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 16, 2015, 02:40:13 pm »

Aldeth waves back and leaves.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 16, 2015, 02:52:02 pm »

The party feels a pressing need to get out of here before the roof comes down-though only Kawtari is aware that they plan to destroy the mountain. The others merely assume that Wataklano was really eager to leave...

They hop back through the wall as a group, and then descend the green ladder. When they get to the bottom, they are about to turn South, when they are interrupted by a loud crying noise from the corridor to the North...

Kawtari bristles. It's the sort of piercing call Kenku chicks are taught to utter when in distress....

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 16, 2015, 03:02:37 pm »

Speak to the pirates.

"Come on lads. 'Er says we're only a short walk from a town - Omlett, she called it - and that she and these birdtypes are gonna be picked up soon. If we kill them and take what they have, they'll hunt us down like dogs. If we act all peaceful like with 'em, then we can get enough to eat to walk up to Omlett, and then get enough food and directions to get back to sea. Maybe then you can go back and find your beloved captain what did you over, eh? Look, I don't like her, but I think she speaks the truth. We might be able to kill'em right quick, but they'll be avenged before we've even digested the vittles we steal..."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 16, 2015, 03:21:16 pm »

"Did alone else hear that?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 16, 2015, 03:40:37 pm »

"A chick...! And in danger!

We had a timelimit in that they planned to blow up the mountain. We don't have time to delay... someone should go on ahead , tell them to hold off, keep them safe if there's danger. Wataklano would delay for me more than is safe, so we had time. Aldeth, perhaps you?"

She froze, briefly, as she spoke quickly, almost too quick to understand then was pounding towards the sound of the chick in danger.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 16, 2015, 03:44:23 pm »

"Gods damn it."

Tadhg looked up the corridor, then south, then north again.

"We can't leave them here to be abandoned." Without another word the barbarian starts making doubly haste towards the source of the sound.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 58