Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58500 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

((Is there firewood stacked in or nearby the fireplaces?))
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Move to J17. Fire Bolt Swarm 3.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

((Is there firewood stacked in or nearby the fireplaces?))

((No firewood here, it's all burned down. You can still use the chairs, table, or teammates as kindling.

Also, I know I forgot that nature check for Samara. Will do in the next action.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tadhg, hearing the cracking from the fireplace behind him, resorts to try and and stop more bugs from creeping through. Following his quick wits breaking the table in front of him into pieces, then shoving it into the fireplace and light it ON FIRE with the oil and candle!
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Samara keeps on the move, flinging another firebolt-while it's a bit more effective, the results are...not endearing. The bugs don't seem to be phased by the flames!

What's wrong with her magic today?!

Spoiler: Mild Sunburn (click to show/hide)

Knowledge Roll=16

She also recalls some mildly useful facts about insect swarms-that they can climb up walls, and can sense enemies even in total darkness at about 10ft range. And also that they are usually controlled by scent markers. Aldeth's killing marked her a target they would converge upon-generally, they are predictable in that they will target whoever is trying to harm the swarm...

Aldeth shrieks like a little girl (which she pretty much is) and runs away.

Tadhg uses his brain muscle, picking up a table (there are actually multiple tables lined up in a row) and using it to block the nearest bug hole. Then he lights it on fire!

Coney and Roaches, probably a terrible band name, go head to head as she keeps them from following Aldeth-the brave Halfling is engulfed is hordes of bugs, and goes down with a crash-only her armor keeps her from being eaten alive as the swarm begins to gnaw through her clothes...

Coney downed!

Spoiler: Slice and bite (click to show/hide)

Everybody go!

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-My NPC!]
« Reply #740 on: April 10, 2015, 11:47:21 am »

Torn between Helping Coney or blocking off the entrance near to him, Sarco make the decision to follow in Tadhgs footsteps.

Break down a table and light a fire in the other fireplace!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 10, 2015, 12:09:24 pm »

Meanwhile, a few days ago...

Feclan has tried to be stealthy as he escaped from his imprisonment on board his former ship-hijacked by pirates. He was sure no one had seen him...he was quiet as Halfling could be. And he had his dagger. If anyone got too curious.

But, when he heard the rapid thump of heavy leather boots behind him, he knew the game was up. The Halfling knew the only way to survive was to keep going forward-he sped along rapidly, hoping to perhaps get off the vessel before they caught him and tossed him back into the cell. Even jumping into the sea would be preferable to what they would do once they found what he had done to his guard...

Unfortunately, as he emerged from belowdeck he could only stare. The entire pirate crew had been roused! There must have been at least five dozen pirates on deck, milling about-All of them armed and angry!

All of this for him?!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 10, 2015, 12:32:41 pm »

Don't look around, don't look around, oh gods...

"Help! Help! Prisoners on the loose! Boarders aboard! Enemy ahoy!"

Action: Persuade them I'm not enemy or at least distract them momentarily. Look - how close is the shore, can I swim that far, and which side is it? Head for that side of the ship and try to hide. If hiding is impossible, climb up the nearest rigging or mast. Look at my pursuer.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 10, 2015, 12:46:57 pm »

Feclan looks out to the sea and judges it's more than a few miles to a far Northern shore. He knows the the strong currents will surely drown anyone attempting the swim...

"Help! Help! Pris...!"

A genuinely ugly Orc snarls at him at his attempts to explain, then...dashes off?

He hears the boots behind him grow in tempo as they exit from belowdeck and...push right past him, totally ignoring his existence.

In fact, none of them are paying any attention to him at all. They're all looking to the sky. Feclan follows their gaze and sees...well, it's a very large bird. Probably 100ft across from wingtip to wingtip...it's quite awe inspiring...but the real pants wetting terror comes when he realizes the massive eagle is circling the ship like Hawk does before diving down to snatch a trout...

Spoiler: dramatic recreation (click to show/hide)

The Orc comes back and tosses Feclan a crossbow two sizes too large for him. It's not loaded. He points to the sky with a yellow claw, but it's really not needed.

="This is your day to die, little maggot!"= He barks in Orcish, the spirit of genial conversation.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 10, 2015, 01:01:06 pm »

There must be a boat or two hitched on the ship's sides, reckons Feclan - he should know, as a coxswain his job was piloting them.

Action: Look and judge - would it be possible to hide and sneak or rush into one and then lower it into the sea? If not make busy with loading the crossbow until I'm not so closely observed...

Also: knowledge check! Are these birds known to swallow whole? That might be worth risking.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 10, 2015, 01:14:13 pm »

That's a great Idea, Feclan thinks-looking over the side of the ship-as the pirate's Captain (you remember her name-Atya Maeloc, a heartless buccaneer if there ever was one.) and a few of her lucky crewmen blithely row away, dinghies loaded with chests and sacks of treasure.

Darn. He can't help but feel this situation is terribly unfair.

He tries to load his crossbow, but it seems no one provided him any bolts. Also it's missing a bow string...

Knowledge 17+2

At least he recalls these sorts of monsters don't swallow their prey whole, not like Dragons-small humanoids are hardly worth the effort to eat. They do prey on large mammals, though-like Elephants and Whales. And they also have a tendency to snag ships from the sealanes and carry them inland to feather their nests with treasures, or just to clean out the cargo-hold of freshly caught fish. He assumes this is what the Roc is going to do to his ship...

The beast flies low over the ship (but not too low) and is meant with a shower of completely ineffectual slings, arrows and javelins from the panicked crew. Feclan has an idea that creature is intelligent enough to get it's opponents to waste their ammunition, therefore risking itself less...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 10, 2015, 01:15:54 pm »

((I'm not sure I can reach the swarms, but I'm going to assume I can))

Roaring a battlecry, Tadhg turns from the firepit and charges over the furniture to Coney's aid, grabbing his maul as he passes it.

Rage and Attack Swarm 1 with both of my attacks. If Swarm 1 dies before Tadhg's turn, charge at Swarm 3 instead.
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 10, 2015, 01:57:21 pm »

="Lay off it, me hearties!"= yells Feclan to the remaining crew, ="You're just gonna make her mad!"=

He turns to face them and judge their main racial makeup and yell, if possible, in the appropriate language.

="Look, the captain's fled, the feckless bugger! Rally round me and we can see off this wee beastie like I saw off the Roc of Pernima with just the foremast jacks and a makeshift ballista!"=

Action: Persuade or Rally the crew!

="It wants to take us home, but we'll show the blighter and send her to a watery home! Hold your fire till it gets right in, and then shoot it in the belly, or the eye or the gonads if you see 'em!"=

Action: Persuade or Rally the crew! Try to command them to hold their fire till the last second. Hope to also be given a suitable weapon and to also shoot, preferably in the Roc's eye. Last resort action will be to flee into the hold and hide well...

="Also who's got me proper sized bow?"=

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 10, 2015, 03:40:07 pm »

As before, Fire Bolt Swarm 3.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 11, 2015, 12:40:01 am »

The blood drains from Aldeth's face as Coney hits the floor. The panic that drove her away from the bugs has her now racing back to save the halfling, her mind speed along just as fast. She and Samara could finish off Swarm 3, but would Swarm 1 go in for the kill? Probably... unless something or someone distracted it...
Eldritch Blast Swarm 3, and move into I11, burning an Action Point if need be.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 58