Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58507 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-GG NO RE]
« Reply #705 on: April 06, 2015, 04:45:49 pm »

"Hum. Do we expect to get in any of these, sky fights? They sound particularly dangerous to us creatures that are not made for the sky."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 06, 2015, 05:00:34 pm »

Wataklano gives his idea of  a human shrug, which involves finger waggling.

"We've had a few scattered attacks so far-mostly from the Harpies, Perytons and the occasional stupid Wyvern....but mostly on single pilots-or isolated groups. We're moving everyone else out now. Mostly our young, and our heaviest supplies and goods. If anything is going to bother us, they'll have to deal with everyone. I think most of the smaller scavengers will steer clear...

...And don't worry, we really will catch you if you fall. If we can. Our youngest and most daring pilots, we call them called 'Lifedivers'. They're not fighters, usually-they haven't taken the oath of battle-they circle around the fight, reporting on enemy movements, and catching those who fall with amazing dives. Well, most of the time.

I'd also like to remind you that Kenku can't fly either-as Sister Kawtari could tell you, this is a source of some consternation."
He chuckles.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Dream States]
« Reply #707 on: April 06, 2015, 05:02:27 pm »

"That is true... unfortunately."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 06, 2015, 05:13:01 pm »

Samara continues to enjoy the tranquility of her morning repast.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 06, 2015, 05:23:25 pm »

Samara continues to enjoy the tranquility of her morning repast.

Samara's meal is...somewhat ruined...as very large cockroach (about the size of a kitten, and isn't that a nice thought) skitters onto the table and tries to steal one of her vittles in it's pincers.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 06, 2015, 05:34:51 pm »

"Tch. Al'zahkm," Samara mutters, extending a single slender digit towards her plate, lifting it roughly a foot clear of the table, still well in her reach.

Mage Hand. Operation denial is a go.

"You have known the depths of my restraint, vermin. Leave before you discover its bounds," she laughs dryly.

3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 06, 2015, 05:36:29 pm »

You hold it up easily, but it doesn't seem to be in a mood to negotiate.

"Kssst! Ksssht!"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 06, 2015, 05:52:26 pm »

Sarco shakes himself out of his depressed fugue and addresses Wataklano "How hard is it to learn to fly upon these beasts? I have ridden several terrestrial mounts, but none that could take to the skies. Is it much different?"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 06, 2015, 05:52:39 pm »

With a slight shrug, Samara extends the same finger. "Before I blast it, is this pest secretly some sort of venerated creature I shouldn't be frying?" she asks the room at large.

If nobody responds, Fire Bolt.

3. Run Resize Enable

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 06, 2015, 05:55:08 pm »

"Heh. It is unbecoming to play with your food Samara."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 06, 2015, 06:02:54 pm »

Sarco shakes himself out of his depressed fugue and addresses Wataklano "How hard is it to learn to fly upon these beasts? I have ridden several terrestrial mounts, but none that could take to the skies. Is it much different?"

"Well, they are very intelligent-they don't need much in the way of prodding. They mostly use their riders for our vision-and we know how to protect them against arrows and spells. It's not much different than riding a horse, but...it does involve a great deal of trust. You may just want to rely on your Kenku driver."

With a slight shrug, Samara extends the same finger. "Before I blast it, is this pest secretly some sort of venerated creature I shouldn't be frying?" she asks the room at large.

If nobody responds, Fire Bolt.

"Our insect wards and pest eaters should be keeping the bugs away." Wataklano muses idly. "I guess no one bothered to set them back up...bah, let the bugs have it all. We're leaving anyway!"

Samara satisfyingly turns the insect into little ashes with a flick of her hand.

Unfortunately, she's barely done-when two more of the insects skitter onto the table and start hissing at her.

"Kssst! Ksssht!"
"Kssst! Ksssht!"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 06, 2015, 09:13:24 pm »

Aldeth picks up one with her own Mage Hand, curious. She had never seen any bug so large- at least in this world. She rubs a finger down its head to calm its protestations.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 06, 2015, 10:47:29 pm »

Samara happily fries the other.

"How delightful! They're perfect entertainment with a meal -- stupid enough to keep coming, and large enough to burn nicely."

3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 07, 2015, 09:21:08 am »

Aldeth picks up one with her own Mage Hand, curious. She had never seen any bug so large- at least in this world. She rubs a finger down its head to calm its protestations.

She almost gets bitten by it's nasty pincers for her curiosity-it's not like any sort of insect you've any seen, hyper aggressive and vicious-usually they try to run away when you shine a light on them. This one just tries to get at you. It continues to hiss and struggle in her magical grip...

Aldeth has little formal arcane education, but she does know the Underdark tends to populated by vicious creatures perverted by the arcane...they're not like natural animals. Most people call them Monstrosities.

---

Samara happily fries the other one-it screeches in a tinny voice, before turning over and curling into a flaming ball.

Unsurprisingly, seven more of the Roaches skitter their way up on the table after she's done, advancing on her-brandishing their pincers menacingly.

"Kssst! Ksssht!" "Kssst! Ksssht!"
"Kssst! Ksssht!" "Kssst! Ksssht!"
"Kssst! Ksssht!""Kssst! Ksssht!"
"Kssst! Ksssht!"

Hmm.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Dream States]
« Reply #719 on: April 07, 2015, 09:39:20 am »

"+Hmm... are the rest of the feather-siblings up? I would prefer not to drown insects. Uncooked ones, at least.+"

Kawtari looked for where the roach hordes were coming from.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 58