Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58521 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I suppose that means ether our bird is safe, free or captured, or has splatted and been found by the queen. In case she has been captured though, then it means it is safe, and that we must go to rescue her." With that train of logic thought through out loud Sarco moved back from the edge, and then took a running start and a leap out into space.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Sarco lands a bit rougher, but in the same way Kawtari does-a blood chilling rush followed by a period of brief weightlessness, then a plunge into a net which creaks unsettlingly beneath his weight.

The Kenku haul him up, beside Kawtari and Wataklano and the others. The other Kenku greeted Kawtari warmly, but against Sarco they seem much more reserved-drawing back in a defensive huddle.

Wataklano secretly signs to Kawtari, squawking the not-words.

""+You did not say your friends was Lizardken! Then again, we did not ask. Most of us only know his kind as foes-the wild ones from the swamps. He seems like one of the civilized, ones, yes? A hero, maybe? We trust the word of feather-kin.+"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"+To ask is to be answered, feather-brother.+" Kawtari said with a hint of cheekiness."+We have fought alongside one another, and he seems as civilised as Lizardkin get. He will bring no harm to you or yours. Among our number are another scaled, an elf and human and one... other. Not of the kin, but somehow related... I do not understand it any more than that. No will bring harm upon you, or I will offer their blood and mine.+"

To Sarco she spoke, but for the Kenku's benefit.
"We are among friends, here, Sarco, but they see only the savages of your kind. You'll offer no violence here, of course?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

"Eh. I've little trouble with this." Samara leaps off, ready to cast Feather Fall if nothing catches her.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sarco nods to the assembled bird people. Still a bit shaken from the entrance. "Yes.. Of course. We offer no harm at all." He bows to them and continues "We simply are passing though on our way to the Roc nest, I assume that Kawtari has told you of our quest?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Samara joins the group next, landing with true Elven Grace-the Kenku treating her with a sort of frigid respect.

Sarco nods to the assembled bird people. Still a bit shaken from the entrance. "Yes.. Of course. We offer no harm at all." He bows to them and continues "We simply are passing though on our way to the Roc nest, I assume that Kawtari has told you of our quest?"

One of the Kenku-a short one-walks up to you, and mocks your bow.

"You are simply passing though on your way to the Roc nest! Assume that Kawtari told us of your quest." Says your own voice, from the depths of the Kenku hood.

---

The winds blow and wolves howl up at the top of the cleft. You all get a feeling it might be unlucky to be the last one alone up here.

Akira wanders off and begins to pick flowers.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 12:21:20 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Samara crinkles up her eyes, grinning, "Oh, how droll. Delightful."

3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

"This is lunacy."
Tqdhg joins the others in jumping off the cliff!
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tadhg joins the others at the bottom, landing safely.

Wataklano explains a bit of the magic used here.

"It is through clever enchantment-a modification a simple feather fall spell, expanded to encompass all beings that fall into a certain area. We call if 'Feather Cushion'. We pride ourselves on our magical acumen here-the solitude is good for research into the art of the Ken." he says proudly, preening his feathers.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aldeth has been looking worriedly into the void, running through the infinite 'what ifs' to try and quiet her pounding heart and fear of heights. After seeing the number of her companions who had not jumped diminish until she was the only one left, Aldeth took a deep breath, held it for a moment, and, unintentionally teetered off the edge.
"aaaaaaAAAAAAAAA-"
At this point, she starts to feel the invisible hands on her body, and now that she was free of the shelter of Coney's mind, she instantly thought it was the Voices, come to reclaim her, so her screams only escalated.
"-AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"
She gets a little tangled in the net, so that doesn't help. She eventually runs out of breath to scream, and begins to sob quietly in fear, even when back on solid ground.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aldeth's fears might not be helped as a cabal of sinister, stunted and hooded figures draws her to the ledge.

She hears Coney's voice speak to her, trying to fight past the chaotic winds of her mind.

*"Relax, darling. It's just the Kenku-they made a spell that catches you before you hit the rocks. It wasn't...anything else."* She sends gently.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aldeth's sobs start to turn into deep, heaving breaths of relief and she slowly picks herself back up.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"+Just one remains.+"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

"Bah, let the half-breed wander off and get itself killed. It's done little enough for us," Samara snorts, glancing behind her.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 04:35:57 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hummm... Although I don't disagree with the lack of her usefulness, leaving her to fend for herself in the freezing cold wilds is not something that I could abide by... And the emperor knows she won't have the intelligence to figure out that this is a entrance or the loyalty to come after us anyway... Is there any other entrance to this place?"
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 58