Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58560 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sarco ponders for a time. Before nodding and speaking.

"I am perhaps not the best riddle master. But I have come up with a offering that I hope you find satisfactory." He then clears his throat and says

"I am part stiff, but part flexible.
I live only as a child, and most of my use comes after my death.
I raise up my creator into the heavens.
To the one who created me I am only useful among my fellows, but others may find use of me alone.
When I become broken my creator will pluck me away and discard me to make room for another.
When removed from my rightful place all I can do is float at the whims of the breeze."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Xeph seems delighted in your obedience. One gets the idea her current servants might lack intellectual depth.

"A fang, but mouthless
I live in winter's cold breath
In Summer I die."

"Oh, clever! Especially with what's happening with the seasons. The answer is clearly an 'Icicle'. A fang that lives in winter and dies in summer..." She says smugly. She does smug really well.

"I am part stiff, but part flexible.
I live only as a child, and most of my use comes after my death.
I raise up my creator into the heavens.
To the one who created me I am only useful among my fellows, but others may find use of me alone.
When I become broken my creator will pluck me away and discard me to make room for another.
When removed from my rightful place all I can do is float at the whims of the breeze."

"Very difficult..." She murmurs. "The answer, however, might be a thread-ideally, used in a rope? Stiff enough to raise one up to the heavens, flexible enough however...as a child, it lives as the either the hair of animal, or the fiber of a plant, spun into cloth. Easily replaced-the rope maker would only only have use for them as whole, wouldn't he? And it can float on the breeze...am I correct, or have you a more cunning answer?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sarco considers thread for a moment before shaking his head. "It is a very good answer, which is perhaps a sign of my failure as a riddle maker. It is actually very close to what I had in mind. Perhaps the only part I disagree with it matching is the first line. At any rate, I shall let you be the judge of my riddle, for the answer I had in mind was the object of our quest, a feather."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Despite being posed, Xeph seems to be in a good mood.

"Ahh, the best riddles attempts to mislead the path to the truth, while maintaining a cunning slice of veracity! I admit you best me, Lizard-man! Which few can claim..."

Sarco gets +1 Action Point

After that Xeph emits a sonorous tune in a astoundingly (disturbingly) beautiful singing voice…dum dum dam…dum…dum…dumm…

DEGBBA

“Well…I hope you’ve all enjoyed the game. I certainly have-and, gifts for your efforts!” She says earnestly (she doesn’t do earnest very well).

Queen Xeph tosses somethings with true royal disdain at Kawtari’s and Sarco’s feet-they look like small, empty glass bottles-though they don't break, oddly enough. She looks back once more with a wry look, her snake-tail swishing.

“Open those, if you dare. I promise the results will be entertaining~Nahaha!

...Oh, and Fair warning-if we all meet again, I’ll not be content with riddles alone. Next time I promise none of you will be leaving here without a fight. Especially you, clever Lizard warrior! I could enjoy you riddling me for years and years…and I have half a mind to keep you until you've told me all you know...”
She continues in an undertone, slithering out of the fireblasted doors. In a moment, all is quiet...for now.

Well...

Thankfully that's over!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"Well, that was... hmm."

She picked up the bottle at her feet daintily with her clawed fingers and turned it too and fro, inspecting it deeply.

Hmm humm hmm... hmm... hmm.. hmmmm
With her kenku talents, she copied the tones as she tapped at the controls to extend the bridge, before crossing and retrieving her grappling hook.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well... It is good to see that someone has decided to take command of this chaotic area and organize it."

Sarco said as he followed the bird thing.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Maybe not so much if they kill any travellers... note we may still have to head back this way.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:31:42 pm by GiglameshDespair »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sarco nods. "It is true that we will have to take another route, avoid her or battle her. But that is no different a situation then we would be in if this area was still controlled by the tribals. At least her presence has eased this particular passage."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:21:18 pm by Criptfeind »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Samara breaks her silence, "That's a concern for later, friends. If you've forgotten what the thing said, the leader of those we seek has already fled their roost, and we must hasten on if we wish to catch those who remain."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With some help from Coney, Kawtari manages to work the controls to the bridge-instead of extending anything, what seems like a beam of coherent golden light spreads across the gap...you can all still feel a lurking threat underneath the waters, however.

Coney taps the bridge with her foot.

"Aye, seems solid enough to me. Let's get outta this hole, huh?"

She sprints across the light-bridge, and no doubt the rest of the group follow...the ladder upwards beckons with a hint of sunlight.

The climb is surprisingly short, since as soon as you all begin to ascend you feel the rungs of the ladder begin to move under your hands, lifting you up without effort. There's not a single squall or sign of the mechanisms that run these things, apparently perfectly, even after the millenia since they were made...

[?]

The party ascends from the top of a large pipe/tunnel which juts out of the marshy ground. You all take a moment to breath the fresh air and the sunlight-it's still snowing, but the world above has never looked more welcome...

You all hear the shriek, but before anyone can react the fishman who fled earlier rushes the party from a concealing bed of cattails, foam flecking his razor jaws, point of light glinting from it's spear!

He rushes Tadhg! The Barbarian readily manages to fend off the frenzied attacks!

Spoiler: Growl! (click to show/hide)

Player Actions!

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Him alone? The fool."

Use a superiority die to Trip (you've got the stuff for that, I think) fishface and then hurl an axe into him!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sarco roars out at the crazed fishman who how foully ambushed them as he runs towards it, swinging his maul!

Movement: Move as close to Sahuagin Warrior as possible.
Item interaction action: Wield Maul.
Actionl: If possible Attack Sahuagin Warrior with maul.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 10:47:47 am by Dwarmin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I wonder what caused this one to go mad and attack us. Certainly it knew it had no chance?" Sarco wondered aloud as he kneeled down next to the fish thing. "Poor thing. Clearly it's intellectual capacity is quite limited. Servitude would be be a kinder fate for it then what it would condemn itself too."

I'll try to stabilize it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[17+0=17]
[2d4=4]

Sarco has no formal medical experience, but he knows how to wrap a wound-he manages to apply a tight wrap the fishmans oblong skull, stopping the bleeding. It's still out cold, but probably not for long...he guesses it will wake up in a few hours, probably in a bad mood.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 58