Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58611 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

"<Because she is stupid.>" Kawtari said in Draconic.

There are several nods a few chattering, ear grating hyena laughs.

"=To maintain silence is better than utter foolishness, we are taught when young. Perhaps you could tell her this, for us.="

Sarco shakes his head sadly before replying "No, I believe it is ignorant of the greater language. And I am sorry to hear of your losses to those monsters. Do not fear, as we are not bandits. Although at this time we work as mercenaries. Would you mind if we come out of the cold and snow though? We must attend to my ally here and tend to my own wounds."

"=We have little food here, and no quarters fit for your kind, but all we have is yours as reward-even if only shelter from the cold on our warmer cavern floors. Except for the metal and gems, of course. Those belong to Baron, and he will not be happy about the delay...not happy at all...we must get back to work soon...very soon...=" He says, rubbing his small clawed hands in agitation-Sarco thinks he must have picked up the habit of wringing his hands from working with humans, so long he's not even miming it anymore.

"=We must clear the loading area of our dead, and perhaps I can speak to the others, if you wish a small reward. We can, as I say, offer little enough-unless, you intend to travel underground into the caverns. We have maps and knowledge-special equipment for traveling to the dark places.="
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We bring our own food with us on this journey. We would not ask for that which you have. If you would allow it, just being out of the wind and wet for a hour or so would do us quite well. As for the depths... Perhaps that would be a safer way then where we were planning on traveling. Our journey takes us to Mt. Kalibrak. Would the deep ways make it to there?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Kobold nods.

"=Paths go through many places, Bigbrother. The Old Peoples used them as roads...but, it is not a straight path, or an easy one. Though, I suppose it is a dry one.

You will certainly need a Deep Guide to find the way, and they do not work without a price. It is perhaps the one thing we could give that you need, that we cannot offer. My people do not go into the Deep Ways if we can help it...and we surely cannot spare anyone. The Baron will be mad enough to receive his shipments late, worse if below quota.

We would help you in this manner, if you desired it.="
He says, scratching his scalp. "=Ah, and this ones name is Teak. His name is not important, truly, but it is useful to know.="
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While Sarco converses with Teak, the team moves Tadhg into shelter-though, he's already looking healthier...

Many of the Kobolds seem eager to go back to work-like a hive of bee's, they begin cleaning the battle. Anyone who watches will notice they treat the bones of their dead with no respect, piling and burying them in a shallow pit at the far edge of the camp with no markers. Then they begin heading back into the mine, tap tapping away.

There are different reactions to the other members.

Some of the kobolds continue to point and laugh at Akira as they go back to work. I word she'll hear herself called alot is 'Pothoc', which is really not polite.

Most of them seem terrified of Samara-they flee at even a slightly rough turn of her voice, and follow any commands she gives them as if she might turn them to dust if they disobey. They seem to think she's the leader of the group-even over Sarco.

Kawtari seems to attract healthy respect as well, an outsider (not an Elvish overlord) who understands their language. They refer to her as 'Ikliss'Arytiss', or 'Eagle Warrior'

Adleth is mostly overlooked.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sarco nods to the kobold leader "Indeed. My name is Sarco. I shall have to confrere with my companions about taking the deep road. Whether we take you up on your offer of assistance to find this deep guide, I thank you for the offer and your hospitality."

To the rest of the party "For those of you who do not speak Draconic, they have offered to put us in touch with a guide who can take though the underground paths to get us to the mountain. Although we would have to pay the guide, and the journey might be dangerous, but perhaps less so then braving the winter. If we can miss part of the climb it could very well be worth while."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"It would be better than going through snow, certainly.

Tadhg, how do you feel?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Tadhg mutters something about Kawtari's speech being blurry and moans.
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Let us rest for a while until Tadhg regains his wits. Then we can move on, out or further in."

I vote for short rest here.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

"..."
Akira stays near the edge of the group her hood pulled down lower than normal.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

"Let us rest for a while until Tadhg regains his wits. Then we can move on, out or further in."

I vote for short rest here.

I Agree.
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If we do short rest, I'll roll two HD.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aldeth has been staring curiously at the little lizard people with an odd smile on her face. She's in no rush to leave, and wouldn't mind a rest.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

"Yes, I suppose a brief respite might be called for. At the very least it is a break from the damnable cold and wet, should we decide to forgo their offer of passage through the tunnels."

Long rest? ((Dem new spells doe))

Samara seems mildly uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:54:56 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aldeth wanders off down a passageway, seemingly to just to see where it goes, but she returns fearful, with her arms wrapped tightly around a small book. Its cover is brunt, as are the edges of the paper, but it seems to be intact.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Kawtari slumped against the rock, her winter clothes and feathers insulation enough against the surface. She wacthed curiously as Aldeth wandered off... and returned, fear writ plain on her face. She sat up, holding a loose grip on her weapons.

"Aldeth? Did something happen?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 58