Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58642 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle~A routine Ambush]
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2015, 04:40:30 pm »

The noble shrugs, maybe since death has no sting to such as him. He's lived so long in debauchery and comfort he might actually still be deluding himself to the danger he's in...

"Very well then! I die at a pack of rats and scoundrels, a martyr for Glimmerpeak. They will make statues of me-Matia Regonda. I will never be forgotten." He announces, his chest puffing out.

"What'd you just call that girl?"

Matia responds as if sharing a bit of juicy gossip. He glares over at Janu, still mostly unconscious, with some cruel laughter in his eyes.

"She's a half-blooded, darling dear. Her father was a warlock...and a shapeshifter called a changeling. Her mother was an Elf, now gladly deceased for her crimes. Janu wasn't even a useful Changeling-relying on magic to change her form, though I admit she was sufficient a mimic to alter her voice and manner to appear as another person..."

One of the commoners, the wild Elves, speaks up in Elven. He's and his friends have tossed down their weapons and are tending to their fallen brothers.

{"...What is that fool saying? He's going to get us all killed.

We do not agree with Glimmerpeaks ugliness, though to return without this idiot will likely mean our deaths anyway. We take the money, yes, but we harbor no evil toward, you and yours. My people serve these High Elves as the least class of classes-lesser men then normal men. If we do not join them, they punish our families and villages-they control our lands, and force us to do what they will with their powerful magics. They still call on us and our blood hounds to feed their armies, of course...

...Will you send us to the Gods as well?"
} One of them asks, hesitantly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2015, 04:48:14 pm »

Akira turns to the commoner that spoke up.
{"I do not think so. But I do want you to stick around, I happen to have thought of a mutually beneficial agreement."}

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2015, 04:49:47 pm »

{"You and yours are no kin to me; I have no quarrel with you."}

With a shrug, Samara turns to the noble and laughs, "So be it... whatever your name was."

Fire Bolt the noble. Keep going until he dies. Hold casting hand sideways, gangsta-style.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 07:47:18 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2015, 06:09:33 pm »

Tadhg removes his shirt, bundles it up and holds it against his wound to stem the bleeding. Having regained his breath from the raging a little he starts collecting everyone dropped weapon and putting them in a pile, keeping quiet and letting the others speak. As Samara casts her spell, however, he quickly steps forward and grabs her arm to interrupt her.

"No. If he has to die, then we do it cleanly."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 09:31:41 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2015, 06:32:55 pm »

"Grah... Family struggles. It must be hard for you. Their lives are properly in your hands Samara. What is your judgement upon the tribal elves?" Sarco said as he warily watched the noble for signs of fleeing.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2015, 08:03:43 pm »

"As I said, they have no stake in this. Now, Tadhg, stand aside."

Samara shrugs him off. Fire Bolt. Noble. Face. They need to have a meeting.

3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2015, 09:34:32 am »

An angry look flashes over his face as Tadhg places himself between Samara and the noble and attempts to grab her arm more resolutely.

"I said no. I'll kill him myself if I have to, but I won't stand by and let you torture a yielding man to death."

If Samara persists, attempt to throw her to the ground and pin her down.
Love, scriver~

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2015, 09:36:07 am »

Akira prevents interparty problems by stabbing the noble in the throat.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2015, 09:42:54 am »

Sarco grabs at Akira to stop her from just killing the noble out of hand.

"His life is not yours to take small one. And this disagreement should be hashed out now, before feelings of desquite fester in our alliance."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2015, 09:43:28 am »

"Torture? So a quick death by magic is torture, but cutting a throat isn't, is that what it is?"

3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2015, 09:50:09 am »

Matia only register whats happening the moment before it happens. {"Wait, you canno..."}

Sarco and Tadhg, however, gently restrain the two women before they can carry out an execution....which is not to stay, they have stopped them, or taken a hold of them yet, but they have made it clear they do not agree with their current intentions. If anyone chooses to go forward, their actions will likely be opposed.

"...Don't I get a trial by my peers?" Matia asks, perhaps with a bit of a smirk returning.

((I.e, you can still try to go ahead and they can still try to stop you, but with the differing actions I think people should get a chance to figure out what to do.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2015, 09:51:38 am »

"We should still kill him though. I don't give two shits about who does it."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2015, 09:53:27 am »

"I don't particularly care any more. If you're going to cry about a little fire I'll do it by hand," Samara laughs, drawing her dagger.

Knife. Base of the skull. Kill him dead.

3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2015, 09:54:19 am »

"Torture? So a quick death by magic is torture, but cutting a throat isn't, is that what it is?"
"Yes." Tadhg stares into her eyes without flinching, ignoring the words of the noble behind him. "To burn to death is not a quick death. He has thrown down his arms and yielded to us. He deserves a clean death."

He lets go of her arm again. "You said yourself you'd let me kill him if I wanted to. Well, I want to do it my way. Will you go back on your word?"
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2015, 09:57:54 am »

"I do not know the laws of this land. But perhaps the elf has a point. Although not of his peers. If he has come into another land, he shall fall under the laws of this land. Perhaps we should take him back to the Barron and explain how a force of elves, hidden by magic, were scouting out his lands and attacking travelers.

On the other hand, he has lowered himself to banditry. When you bark like a dog, you should not be surprised to die like one."

Sarco Shrugs.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 58