Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58635 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle~A routine Ambush]
« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2015, 03:16:07 pm »

Risey sees the wand charging up an energy blast, and tenses to spring.

{"My, my-your time among mortals has made you a bit on edge. You're just so serious. Used to be, Samara was always so enjoyable to dally with."} She mocks, trying to throw off your aim.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2015, 03:28:53 pm »

"You're not exactly helping your case, there. If I did know you, all the more reason to end your empty life. Were that I knew magics to give those years to people who would use them."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2015, 03:58:50 pm »

For once, 'Risey' (Her form seems to be little more than shifting cloak of light now) laughing face, seems to grow serious. {"...you haven't seen whats been going on, have you? What's going to happen...It's all empty. Nothing matters anymore, if it ever did. I pity you, to spend your last years building a future for mayflies, that will never come to pass. Ah, the Gods may bless your blindness, my dear heart...I just want to go back home and enjoy what I have left while I can-strong mulled wine, tall men with broad shoulders, dark chocolate cherries, dancing under the moon..."}

Samara feels a subtle tension in her words, and an indefinable feeling that the tension of Risey's spring is now going to be toward her, rather than away.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2015, 05:20:18 pm »

Samara is silent for a moment, then speaks quietly, "I do believe that my contempt for you has redoubled. You're one of those, then," she spits, voice climbing to a derisive drawl, "Always blathering on about 'immutable fate' this and 'autumnal leaves' that, trying to disguise your mindless hedonism behind a veil of cowardice which you dare present as enlightenment. Disgusting. At least some of my kin could admit to being what they were; their pride avoided blatant self-delusion, however detestable it was. I have no more words for you, filth, save these: die like the animal you so desperately pretend you aren't."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:10:12 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 27, 2015, 06:41:42 pm »

Meteor bandit one round the corneer and chuck a second axe at the noble.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2015, 01:55:03 am »

Eldritch Blast on the second Thug!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 01, 2015, 03:03:36 pm »

Tadhg roars and charges to bull down the raging Elf daring to stand before him. They lock arms, grunting and spitting curses in each others faces. This Elf is actually pretty strong-even with Tadhg's rage fueled strength, the barbarian only just manages to tip the fellow over and slam him on the ground.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akira, noticing her foe is prone and helpless, finally gets into place to attack!

She flies down upon him with a wicked screech, and slow motion backflip maneuver. The Elf's last view is the winged valkyrie-the angel of death, falling upon him in rays of sunlight shafted with clouds of brilliant red and gold leaves-her surprisingly young, beautiful face showing a moment of utter thrill before the strike, and perhaps a hint of fear or regret.

He dies instantly, and goes to his Gods satisfed.

Elven Thug Killed

Akira's single, precision airstrike seems to immediately shift the stance of the battle. There is a sudden silence-broken in a moment by the hollow thunk of blades being dropped to the ground. Even the noble, who senses he's about to get crushed into paste, hesitates-then drops his sword.

"Well, it seems you have the victory, good sirs..." He begins, his former pomposity turning into a wheedling, bargaining language that the Baron used.

There is a shout and a clash off in the forest, where Samara is dueling the traitor.
---
Samara notices the flash as the Elf traitor begins to sprint toward her, and meets her with a vicious fireball in the face, no doubt ruining some of her features-she staggers, almost falls, but keeps moving. The damage slews away the disguise completely, revealing...perhaps, once she was one of Samara's friends. Maybe. She looks vaguely familiar, a face flitting by in a room. That was, if it even was, a long time ago...and friend or not, that's a dagger in her hand...and it sinks past her guard, burying itself in the Elf wizards shoulder painfully...or would have, if the canny Elven Wizard had not quickly summoned a shield spell-the bright, solid light light causes the knife ot veer away is if it hit a rock wall.

Two Elves, spin away from the clench. They stare at each other a moment. Risey seems to realize it's going to come down to the next strike...and blinks. Her bloody knife wavers in her hand. She could be talked into surrender...if you want to bother.

"...What made you hate your own kind so much, Samara?" She asks, an ironic lilt in her sweet Elven voice. "What you made you hate me so much? I used to be your friend, but I doubt you remember one such as me-a lowborn, half-breed cur. Do you remember? My name is Janu..."

She spits ashes, willing herself to make a strike, though she seems hesitant. Is it fear, or unwillingness to strike an old friend?

"Oestel. Your family...they ruined everything. Kidnapped me from my home. My ransom-bring you back." She says bitterly, her voice cracking. "...Shall we end this now, then? I did not prepare to die today, of course...but then again, who ever does?" She says, uttering that familiar laugh, beguiling and a bit crazy.

((the mini-battle will be over by the time anyone can come to help, so I figured me and flying dice will hash this one out as as soon as we can, one-on-one))

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:51:19 am by Dwarmin »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2015, 03:31:24 pm »

Shield: Reaction action in response to Janu's melee attack. +5AC

--

Current turn: Fire Bolt.

"Not my problem."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:16:41 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 01, 2015, 03:41:42 pm »

"Samara! Duck like a duck!"
Bonus action: shift the Hex to 'Risey', then Eldritch Blast, non-lethally if possible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 01, 2015, 04:02:49 pm »

Akira pats Tadhg on the shoulder in what is a surprising display considering her normal adversity to touch. Then she turns to the noble and raises her blade towards him, her face once again properly concealed. One may briefly wonder how she did that. Must be a criminal thing. When she speaks it's in a voice differing from the one she used yesterday, more gruff and mean. Almost dwarven.
"You surrender? Well, then... strip down. And drop any jewelry you have."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 01, 2015, 04:13:37 pm »

"Do as that one says."

She shot a glance - or would have, if Kawtari was not helmeted - and spoke to the rogue.

"Remember, an even split."

Kawtari stepped up to the noble.

"You are not common bandits. What is your purpose here?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 01, 2015, 04:21:29 pm »

Samara ducks, and Janu receives an ugly blast of Eldritch magic to her face...if, a non-lethal one. At the last moment, Aldeth snaps back the full brunt her powers, before they begin consuming the womans flesh.

+100 XP for catching Janu!
Encounter Victory!

Akira pats Tadhg on the shoulder in what is a surprising display considering her normal adversity to touch. Then she turns to the noble and raises her blade towards him, her face once again properly concealed. One may briefly wonder how she did that. Must be a criminal thing. When she speaks it's in a voice differing from the one she used yesterday, more gruff and mean. Almost dwarven.
"You surrender? Well, then... strip down. And drop any jewelry you have."

He sniffs.

"I have my jewels in my tent, which I have no doubt you will pilfer now..."

Uncomfortably, he removes his fancy brocade vest and tosses it to the ground. That's apparently as far as he's willing to go.

"You are not common bandits. What is your purpose here?"

"Bandits? How droll. We were hunting a fugitive, the woman you may known as Samara Oestel. She's wanted by the Elven Republic of Glimmerpeak Hold for high Treason, Multiple Murder, and Grand Robbery. We...had a plan to lure her in. We did not nearly expect she'd have so many friends and we...assumed that disgusting halfbreed could at least do her one job right and lure you in.

Well, you see how it all turns out?"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 01, 2015, 04:25:53 pm »

Strolling back to join the group, following behind Janu, Samara laughs, "Ohohoho! You do like to play things up, don't you?"

After a moment of consideration, she looks around her companions, "Would anyone mind terribly if I killed him? Or all of them? We're not equipped to keep prisoners, and I have no doubt that the rats will scurry back to their masters when we leave them. I could even choose just one, though I'm not sure whether the officious arse or self-pitying traitor deserve it more."

3. Run Resize Enable

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 01, 2015, 04:28:36 pm »

"What'd you just call that girl?"
Akira moves close enough to let her rapier gently poke into the noble's flesh.
When Samara arrives Akira turns her head to her.
"N-no miss Oestel, I-I think th-that would be to good f-for this one. P-perhaps we should l-let Tadhg beat h-him t-to d-death?"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 01, 2015, 04:30:05 pm »

"Come now, I'd hardly ask any of you to soil your hands with my problems when there's no need. Unless he wants to," she concludes, looking Tadhg up and down speculatively.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58