Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58342 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle~A routine job]
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2015, 12:09:40 pm »

That owl was on her mind... she tried to recall through her master of evil knowledge what is was. If nothing was remembered, she checked her book on Aberrations.

Advantage+Knowledge Test (very Easy/Target 5)
[18/19+3=22]
Pass!

You search your memory, and your book-and you're sure of one thing. That was no aberration you've ever seen, heard of, or recorded. You wonder if it was an aberration at all.

((Decided that your background would give you prof in checks and the book will give you roll advantage, when you have time to peruse it at length.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2015, 12:11:20 pm »

"I sa-" He burps loudly "-I say we for the bandits first, we might need the services of the healer when we face the loony. Besides, we can keep an eye out along the way and talk to the outlying farmers and see if they've seen anything . Maybe we'll find or hear something we don't already know."
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2015, 12:49:00 pm »

"Quite so. The minor problems are relatively simple to deal with, and they will dispose some of the more significant locals toward us before the confrontation with our madman."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2015, 01:17:54 pm »

"I suggest we finish any business we can tonight, then set out as early as possible in the morning. All in favour?"
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2015, 01:19:36 pm »

"It makes no difference to me."

3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2015, 01:28:14 pm »

At this point, Risey (who seems to have been listening to your conversation) comes over to your table, smiling politely.

"Can't help but hear you lot are coming around to being in favor of helping me with my problem? I do so hope you'll agree.

I can say, we'll all be grateful to get medicine to the poor, sick people in the village...I'm the only one they can rely on. Once we've kicked those bandits out of the grove, they'll be enough for everyone-and special brews, for you and yours."
She insists.

"Thing is, I feel like I should lead you there myself. It's tricky to find, especially if you're not from here-that's why it's such a good hiding place. I could take you there, then hang back and let you do your work...I'm no soldier, but I'm not entirely defenseless, either. I do know how to use a knife. Plus, you've got a healer on your side if things go rotten.

So, you all want me to meet you here, first thing next morning?"
She asks.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2015, 01:37:41 pm »

"There was something observing me on the way to the inn, by the way. It did not seem to be of my area of expertise. An owl of crystal..."
Kawtari explained the unusual encounter, keeping it concise. She looked at her spellcasting companions.
"Do you recognise the sounds of it? I am admittedly quite ignorant in matters of magic."

Risey came over. It was rather trivial for Kawtari to work out that this was the healer they were talking of...

"Indeed. I'm eager to conduct our tasks as quickly as possible. Is there any numbers you can give us for the bandits? Numbers, armaments?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2015, 01:46:51 pm »

"I reckon there was about five of them-mostly armed with battered up swords, maces and cut-rate leather armor. They were probably soldiers once...but, probably not very good ones."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2015, 02:01:28 pm »

Tadhg nods solemnly. The line between soldiery and where not always very wide, particularly not for deserters. "What do you still have for sale? I want to buy some healing concoctions, if you have any left... Just in case. I feel we all should bring some."
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2015, 02:03:10 pm »

"It tis a shame when such things happen. But turning to banditry is no answer. I agree that we should meet you here on the morrow to deal with them."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2015, 02:03:47 pm »

"Don' worry, I already gots one!"
Akira says swaying in her seat.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2015, 02:19:29 pm »

Tadhg nods solemnly. The line between soldiery and where not always very wide, particularly not for deserters. "What do you still have for sale? I want to buy some healing concoctions, if you have any left... Just in case. I feel we all should bring some."

"I've got maybe a dozen of those cordials left. Just tell me what you need, and I'll bring it to you when we meet tomorrow morning." She says, seeming at ease...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:31:17 pm by Dwarmin »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2015, 02:22:04 pm »

Akira buys a second pitcher of A Passionate Warrior's Kiss.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2015, 02:36:08 pm »

"Acceptable. Tomorrow, then."

"There was something observing me on the way to the inn, by the way. It did not seem to be of my area of expertise. An owl of crystal..."
Kawtari explained the unusual encounter, keeping it concise. She looked at her spellcasting companions.
"Do you recognise the sounds of it? I am admittedly quite ignorant in matters of magic."

Risey came over. It was rather trivial for Kawtari to work out that this was the healer they were talking of...

"Indeed. I'm eager to conduct our tasks as quickly as possible. Is there any numbers you can give us for the bandits? Numbers, armaments?"

Samara parses through her memories to see if she recognizes the description.

3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2015, 02:42:55 pm »

Samara parses through her memories to see if she recognizes the description.

Advantage+Arcana Knowledge Test (Tough/Target 15)
[10+5=15]
Pass!

You wrack your mighty brain and eventually recall that High Elves, your own people, employed these sorts of 'crystal' animals in the past like the one Kawtari described-they are constructs, crystal constructs in the shape of animals...the smaller ones are usually designed as messengers, or spies, while the larger ones are crafted as guardians. Some Elves still do use them, thought they are rare and expensive. Modern Elfkind no longer has the skill at Arcanacraft to repair them, or make new ones. They mostly just use up what their ancestors left to them without much of a care.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 58