Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58295 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Bandits sighted]
« Reply #840 on: May 05, 2015, 10:00:24 am »

Tadhg and Sarco both fly into the teeth of the foul birds, spears and javelins at the ready-they fail to coordinate targets, though, each flying to take a separate one.

Sarco manages to lodge his spear into a Harpies wing, using the momentum of the charge to send it spinning away into the air, out of control.

"Nice hit!" Skawatariari compliments.

-1 Harpy (3 remain)

Tadhg lands a javelin on his target dead center, but the Harpy merely rolls with the hit, continuing on to it's original target, claws extended...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aldeth and Samara line up at greater range, staying out of direct combat. They too, fail at basic dog-fighting tactics, choosing random targets.

Aldeth manages to correctly puzzle out the difference between feet and feathers and uses a Hex blast to blow another harpy off course, badly wounding it.

-1 Harpy (2 remain)

Samara also strikes her target with a well placed firebolt, but it's not enough to deter the blood crazed creature-a flaming harpy continues on it's path, no doubt more angry and injured.

Kawtari is left with two Harpies closing rapidly in-each one going for the caravan-birds vulnerable wings. Her meteor hammer swings round and round...she manages to knock yet another Harpy away with a shriek of anger, but the last one ducks under her return swing, tearing into the caravan birds underside with long, greasy claws...

-1 Harpy (1 remain)

The Caravan-Bird, already overloaded, goes spinning out of the air at the wound-Wataklano manages to cast a feather fall spell on it...before he and Kawtari are flung from their saddle (the entire saddle comes off, the leather understrap torn by the harpy), pitched into thin air.

The caravan careens downwards, while the party hovers indecisively.

The Harpies scatter to the sky, wheeling about, no threat at the moment...though they will no doubt reorient on the target.

Wataklano and Kawtari also careen downward, having grabbed each others hands during the descent-Kawtari intending to pull Wata back up, only for the entire thing to come loose.

Wataklano seems a bit embarrassed.

"Well, this is sort of ironic." He deadpans, as the he and Kawtari fall to the cold, hard ground.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 11:10:10 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 05, 2015, 11:11:10 am »

((turn done now. Sorry for delay!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 05, 2015, 05:53:25 pm »

Samara taps her pilot on the shoulder, pointing at the falling pair, "After them, quickly!"

IF they were within 60' of Samara, THEN Featherfall on Wataklano and Kawtari, dive after them, and pull them.... "You've got one minute for special delivery, what's your destination?" she shouts.

Otherwise, FIRST dive until in range, THEN spell and the rest.

Oh, and the spell is a reaction action if they were within range when they started falling, so if they were, zap the nearest harpy with a Fire Bolt on the way.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 05, 2015, 06:04:25 pm »

"Perhaps things could have gone better."

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 06, 2015, 03:10:47 pm »

"Perhaps things could have gone better."

"...So, I'd given even odds that someone rescues us before we hit the ground...anything to confess, Kawtari?

For myself, I have to admit I like you...quite alot, but I've been too afraid to tell you! I'd totally preen your feathers anytime, darling. I know you won't be settling down-and this is a hypothetical discussion at the moment, considering our position-and I wonder if I should follow you. I'm not sure the wandering life is for me, though. I've been wanting to ask how you did it, you know...well, maybe I'll ask you later...

Annnnnyway...

What about you? Do you find me handsome and charming? Do your pinions spring at the sight of me? I mean, you can admit it. I am a great bird, right? Don't leave me hanging-I don't want to die unpraised by females, extreme pre-mortem. I was really looking forward to that.

'You're such a hero!' 'Wataklano, I'll name my chicks after you!' 'We'll never find anyone to replace you!'

Good stuff."

He looks down at the ground again, which is a bit closer.

"A silver lining in every cloud, and all that. I'm a relentless optimist, did I tell you that?"

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:16:08 pm by Dwarmin »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 06, 2015, 05:39:58 pm »

"Down there! Quickly!" He shouts at his bird handler to hurry towards the falling people, ready to help Samara in any way he can.
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 09, 2015, 08:00:34 pm »

Kawtari straiend to listen over the howling of the wind as they fell together.
"A wandering life is not an easy one, but companions make it easier... we will have to talk once this is settled, one way or another, about it.

As for the other thing... while you have very fine plumage, I must admit I tried not to notice that sort of thing... I didn't want to get distracted from my mission."

The ground was rather close.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 11, 2015, 11:28:37 am »

Kawtari straiend to listen over the howling of the wind as they fell together.
"A wandering life is not an easy one, but companions make it easier... we will have to talk once this is settled, one way or another, about it.

As for the other thing... while you have very fine plumage, I must admit I tried not to notice that sort of thing... I didn't want to get distracted from my mission."

The ground was rather close.

Before you can speak much more, you both feel Samara's feather fall spell...not as a physical pulling, but a feeling of profound safety. You know that you won't die when you hit the ground. Samara's bird catches both in it's claws a moment later.

"You've got one minute for special delivery, what's your destination?" Samara shouts.

Wataklano points down to the caravan bird, which has landed in a sandy ditch far below you on the ground-seemingly unharmed, but...are those small figures running toward it?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 11, 2015, 12:23:32 pm »

"Right, then! Dive, dive, dive!" she shouts, pointing in the same direction, "Better a nasty fight on the ground than waiting for the spell to run its course and kill us all!"

3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 13, 2015, 07:27:38 pm »

"I suppose it'd be too much to hope for that whoever they are down there are running to help..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Calling Kawtari, come in Agent Kawtari]
« Reply #850 on: May 14, 2015, 09:35:41 am »

Some of the party swoops down heroically, taking a closer look an the unfolding situation...

A ragged party of pirate looking fellows seems to be charging the pit the caravan landed on with some gusto, weapons drawn-however, the ones in the back have turned around, responding to one of their own number-who seems to have fired an arrow at one of them. They seem pretty angry, threatening to kill him, and stuff his parts into his other parts-even as they refer to him as 'Captain Shorty'

The party is mostly airborne, and has full control over the field at the moment-they can order their birds up to 60ft a round, to either drop them off or do hit and run attacks. They also have a surprise round.

Good luck!

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
----

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Can't think of a fancy title]
« Reply #851 on: May 14, 2015, 10:07:40 am »

((edit: Dammit, I keep mixing the threads up....))
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:01:19 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 14, 2015, 12:51:55 pm »

((edit: Dammit, I keep mixing the threads up....))

((You lose 50 DKP AGAIN.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 14, 2015, 01:34:46 pm »

Samara fairly cackles, "Take them, blast them all!" Scorching Ray. All of it on their Wizard-looking chap.

3. Run Resize Enable

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 14, 2015, 01:45:59 pm »

((Ah, wow. Okay. Lost track of this game a little bit, good to see it's still going!))

"Can you fly me in front of them? I shall shall stop them from reaching the caravan if at all possible!"

Fly in front of pirate 1, and attack them! Use Riposte if any of them miss me.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58