Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58568 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Samara wanders over to examine the consoles, casting her gaze around the strangely-lit chamber as she does.

Investigate+Perception+whatever else might be relevant to figuring out how these work. Also, active Perception check of the room for anything suspicious or unusual.

"Hold, wait a moment."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aldeth peers into the basin, her eyes piercing the darkness. Perception check.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Coney waves Samara away with what might be a smug grin. "I reckon those ah like singing crystals. I know ya hit them in a cahtain way. To open things, turn things on, turn things off.

I ain't got no eah fer music, tho. I know the one for 'Light', though..."

She walks over to the console, twiddling her fingers, hitting the towers in a complex rhythm.

Coney hits the following notes in order-you can hear them echoing softly from the devices themselves.

ABADEG

http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks2/music/piano/double_bass.htm

As soon as she's finished, hidden lights appear above in the walls, giving the room a bit more illumination.

---

Team Perception Checks
Aldeth 8+2=10
Samara 18+3=21
Tadhg 0+1=1

Samara concentrates-she hears something a bit alarming-her superior Elven hearing detects the very faint echoes of numerous beings coming down the corridor opposite from them, feet slapping the ground. Many, many beings.

Aldeth stares into the watery abyss, but only sees darkness-if there are shapes down there (dark shapes) she can't be sure if they are real or products of her overwrought imagination.

Tadhg gets distracted thinking about statue again, but it's pretty clear there are no boats or logs to row across-the water flows slowly, but constantly-no doubt to pipes deep under the surface.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 06:18:39 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Kawtari resisted an urge to ruffle her feathers to appear larger - an old instinct that was pretty meaningless when clad in armour. Still, the water gave her a distinct feeling of unease.

"I wonder... if there is anything in the depths, we may be able to lure it out. Most swimming creatures do poorly on land.

We could hook some meat on my grapple and go fishing, as it were. Haul any lurking creature out of the depths. One would prefer confirmation than doubt, in this case."

Look around for something secure to tie the chain of the grappling hook around.

It was then the light was struck, and Kawtari shaded her eyes in the helm.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

"Not a half bad idea..."

Poke with the spear into the water and see if anything is attention-attracted. If nothing happens, scewer a piece of dried meat on the spear tip and poke some more.
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

"Wait!"

Samara holds a hand up, hissing out a quiet warning, "Something is coming from the far side. Or rather, many somethings walking together."

Back up towards the doorway we entered by.

3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Tadhg looks up to the other side, then back at the broken door they came from.
"It's going to be hard to mask our presence... But we should retreat out of the room. Maybe I can try to lift the door back up."

Tadhg starts urging the group to move back out. Once everybody is through the door, Strength Check to straighten the door back up.
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"To be hunted down in this warren of tunnels at their leisure? When escape is merely across the river? Samara, how far are they? Can we get across in time? I can swim across and we can use our climbing gear to pull across any who are unable. If we can make it out before they reach this room we will be away clean."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"An idea."

Kawtari retrieved her grappling hook, spinning it in the same manner as she would her hammer. She released it, aiming to hook it on the ladder, and gripped it firmly before it could fly out of reach.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

"Um... trapping the tunnel might also be a good idea... maybe grease it and set it up so it will become alight?"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

"No, you fools, they're on the other side, our destination!"

3. Run Resize Enable

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The point stands."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Let's just shoot them from here. They have to cross the water, which means they can get to see what beasties swim in it."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

"Assuming, of course, that they aren't the 'beasties'. I heard bare feet slapping on stone, and no civilized thing would make such a hideous noise."

3. Run Resize Enable

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Akira looks between the elf and the opposite tunnel anxiously.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58