Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58647 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle~A routine Ambush]
« Reply #255 on: March 02, 2015, 11:39:53 am »

"Can't you have some dignity Avian?" Sarco exclaimed upon seeing the the bird creature starting to take the clothing off of the dead elf.

"Just... Lets move past this mess. We should check out their camp, as it's become apparent that we shall not be getting any reward for clearing out the bandits of this land. We might as well see if we can find some recompensation for this assault from their belongings. Or more information about them. If they have any allies near by we may wish to vacate the area quickly. I will leave it to the rest of you to dispense with the remaining elves as you see fit." With that said Sarco turned from the group and walked off into the woods.

Once he was a bit away from the group, Sarco furtively pulled out the wisp orb and tried to pull the wisps back into their home with his mind. Once they were once again safely ensconced within the orb he once again cast his mind into it as he did when he learned their history, seeking some type of contact with the wisps. The way that they had attacked his concentration during the battle would not stand. It was time to communicate to them what the situation was.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 02, 2015, 11:40:20 am »

Akira rips her arm away from the other's grip.
"I'll give him my pants!"
Akira says sounding like a child trying to justify something silly.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 02, 2015, 11:43:36 am »

Aldeth's gloomy demeanor breaks for a moment, and she cracks a thin smile at Akira's antics. She then begins to walk in the direction of the camp.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 02, 2015, 11:56:47 am »

"Don't be a broodling, damaged-mind. Maybe go to camp, see if you can find clothing to put on that does not require desecrating the dead."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 02, 2015, 12:11:08 pm »

"He's dead! He doesn't need pants."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 02, 2015, 12:13:54 pm »

Kawtari grasped Akira by hre upper arm and pulled her away from the noble before the halfbreed could undress the corpse.
"There is no need to despoil the dead, no matter who they were in life.

Now, you other elves. What do you intend to do? If it is banditry, it is pratical to kill you here, but you could still make something of yourselves. Hunting, perhaps, or return to your home. But if you intend banditry, I will kill you as a matter of practicality. "

{"We are not here because we want to be. You have no reason to trust us, but we do intend to try to get home to our lands in the Glimmerwoods if you free us. We swear to the old powers, and the new."} he says, and the others nod and agree.

{"And we are not bandits-we did not hurt the Shaman Woman...though, Lord Matia said he would not mind if 'savages' such as ourselves...despoiled her. None of us harmed her...though, we surely would have done so, if you had not defeated us. The Gods have perhaps saved our souls this way..."}

---
Once he was a bit away from the group, Sarco furtively pulled out the wisp orb and tried to pull the wisps back into their home with his mind. Once they were once again safely ensconced within the orb he once again cast his mind into it as he did when he learned their history, seeking some type of contact with the wisps. The way that they had attacked his concentration during the battle would not stand. It was time to communicate to them what the situation was.

Sarco finds the Wisps will speak to him, as he pulls them back-they go willingly, having fed well today...

Their sound in his mind they make is always a soft, discordant babble of screaming, crying souls-strong words breaking through the din in many different voices. One of the voices he hears clearly is Matia's, which is really the sort of thing that puts a shiver in his spine.

"What...you...wish...holder..." It says, whispering as if it was standing right on his shoulder.

---

The group tromps over, minus Sarco-hostages in tow, to loot the Elven camp...

The party breaks off into singles to search the tents, leaving Tadhg to watch the prisoners. He does take the time to gather up their equipment. Aside from blades and armor, he does find a particular device, on Janu-it looks like a tiny wooden pipe, only the size of his smallest claw.

+3 Daggers
+4 Scimitars
+2 Shortbows/Arrows
+2 Crossbows/Bolts
+2 Padded Armor
+4 Leather Armor
Tiny Wooden Pipe

Akira breaks into the richest, noblest looking tent-judging by the decorations, this was Matia's private room. There's nothing terribly interesting...aside from lots of tasteless, expensive jewelery, heavy furniture he probably made the Wild Elves carry up mountains, and chests of heavy gold and silvers coins he brought along with him for some reason. He also has quite a collection of extremely good wine in four casks. Apparently he was quite the connoisseur. Once she's stripped the furnishings, she reckons she has about three hundred gold in bulk good, coin and loot. She also finds his mostly tasteful wardrobe.

+300 Gold

Aldeth searches the opposite end of the camp, checking the smaller, personal tents of the Elven warriors. She finds very little-the Wild Elves travel light. She finds a few coins, extra pieces of clothing, tools for carving, some Wild Elf paint pots, and various tools for mending clothes and repairing weapons. All in all, only about ten gold worth of stuff here.

+4 Wild Elf Paint Pots
+10 Gold

Samara checks what looks to be a tent for storing equipment-most of it is was taken by the warriors, though she does find four good hide shields, and more bolts and arrows. She also finds what she was really looking for-the crystal owl they were using to exchange messages. It's currently sitting quietly on it's metal post, giving her an eerie sideways glance. She can see a silver glove on a post beside it, no doubt the control device.

+4 Shields
Crystal Construct: Owl

Kawtari enters the nicest smelling tent to find it was likely the kennel-a fairly comfortable place for the dogs to sleep, under shelter.

She almost finds nothing but straw, leather toys, and bits of bones and meal-but she hears a small sound in the very back, right before she leaves...her careful exploration reveals a very small, newborn Elf pup. It's got dark, dusty greenish fur growing on it's back, and as she checks to makes sure it's alive, the pup opens it's deep, dark green eyes, and looks at the Kenku steadily, making small noises that sound less like growls and more like questions...

+1 Elven Hound Pup

Everyone hears the yelling and shouting coming from the tent in the center of the camp. It sounds like a young womans voice.

"Hello? Is anybody out there? I'm awful thirsty, if you ain't come to kill me-if ya' are, well then I'm just fine, ya go on about yer business." She replies, her sardonic tone an eerie imitation (of course she's the original) of Janu.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:16:25 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 02, 2015, 12:22:10 pm »

Akira grabs a bottle of wine and all the pants before heading to Risey's tent.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 02, 2015, 12:33:10 pm »

"Very well. Bury or burn your dead and return to your home. Do no evil, for the gods will offer no more chances, and a hangman's noose offers none at all."

---

She picked up the pup, and made a soft cawing, like a mother to it's chick.
<Greetings, small-furred one. You are mine now.>

She headed to the tent and met the herbalist.

"Greetings. Miss Herbalist, I presume?" She freed the captured creature and stood back. "It seems you would have suffered an ufortuante fate before long, but you are safe now."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 02, 2015, 12:46:53 pm »

Focusing his mind on the orb Sarco responded "After learning of your history and seeing how you operate, I have some sympathy for your plights. However, your actions in this battle shall. Not. Do. I shall not fight under the pressure of you wisps for me to kill mindlessly. If you wish to feed we shall have to come to an accord between us. First and formost, you shall not push on my mind in battle to try to influence me. Secondly, you may not consume the souls of the innocent. Your existence is punishment, you shall not take in those who are not deserving. Consume the souls of beasts for sustenance and consume the souls of the wicked to punish them. If in battle, as is so sadly often the case, one of the undeserving of death dies, you shall leave their souls unmolested on their path to wherever they belong.

Understand, I do this not only for myself, but for you as well. Once you were bound to a duty, a greater calling. Clearly though a eternity of penitence was far too much, and the corruption has spread deeply within you. Perhaps if you do no more evil from here I can find a way to cleanse your souls and send you all to a place of rest, instead of another eternity of torment on this plane or the next.

These are my terms. Obey me in battle and I shall do what I can to keep you satiated and save your souls. Refuse my terms and you shall rot within the orb forever more."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 02, 2015, 12:53:51 pm »

"Whatever...holder wishes...feed us...deserving...or not...feed us...and we obey...feed us...so weak...could not harm holder...if we wanted to...we want to...we don't want to...no rest...no peace...no torment...only feed...obey...hungry...feed us...save us...holder..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 02, 2015, 12:59:17 pm »

Sarco had no idea if he had gotten though to the wisps. It seemed that until he was able to find his way back to some civilized lands with civilized masters of magic who could help him with this that the only way to find out would be to see if they obeyed his commands in the next battle.

Shrugging, he pulled his mind back from the orb and got up. He made his way over to the camp and observed the others with their acquisitions and poked around himself.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 02, 2015, 01:05:43 pm »

"Very well. Bury or burn your dead and return to your home. Do no evil, for the gods will offer no more chances, and a hangman's noose offers none at all."

The Elf warriors nod as one, vanishing into the underbrush, carrying their wounded companions on their shoulders.

---
She picked up the pup, and made a soft cawing, like a mother to it's chick.
<Greetings, small-furred one. You are mine now.>

She headed to the tent and met the herbalist.

"Greetings. Miss Herbalist, I presume?" She freed the captured creature and stood back. "It seems you would have suffered an ufortuante fate before long, but you are safe now."

The pup carefully, gently licks your hand...it actually seems to understand Elvish, from what you can tell.

--

The Real Risey stands up (please), rubbing her wrists where the ropes were tightest.

Kawtari notices something she will probably always have somewhere in the back of her mind-while Janu was able to mimic Risey's body perfectly...it was too perfect. It's something one only realizes after the fact. The real Risey has a few more wrinkles where Janu magically smoothed them out-her bust (ahem), while not meager, is not as 'emphasized' as the fakes was. Her eyes do not sparkle with the morning sun. The scar on her cheek is easier to spot, rather than stylishly small. In short, she looks like an ordinary woman-Janu might as well have been a statue of a different person, compared to her, and once you understand the difference, it's a lot easier to spot. Kawtari feels this is a lesson that will ensure the same trick does not catch her, or her party, off guard a second time.

Her voice is also nearly the same, but a little huskier and less musical. More real. An odd thing is, in many ways she perhaps looks more beautiful than the fake ever tried to be...

"...That's Risey, sure. You came to rescue me, right? Well, thanks...whoever you are...Birdgirl.

...Did you lay hands on that witch who took my face?"
She says, getting right to the point.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 02, 2015, 01:10:27 pm »

"I believe she is unconscious a sort distance away, but this one was not the one who dealt with her."

Kawtari stepped back and bowed.

"I am Kawtari, slayer of a certain kind of monster. I must admit surprise. Most do not recognise what I am through the helm. Your sinister duplicate lead us here to ambush us, but we prevailed. Do you have any wounds?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 02, 2015, 01:18:31 pm »

"Naw-they treated me nice enough, except for the fellow in the fancy vest. He might have hurt me if had a mind too...the witch just asked me a lot of questions. Figured she wanted to be a better copy of me...you didn't see her...being me...doing something dumb, did you? I got a reputation you know..." She says, her arms crossing her chest.

"Also, as for the surprise, I know your kind, Kenku-your folk have a little place in the Kalibrak, keep to themselves, and worship that giant bird of theirs, but-occasionally I deliver them medicine...haven't been around to make my normal rounds, of course. Sort of secretive. Don't really trust anybody. But, they pay me fair prices."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 02, 2015, 01:49:45 pm »

Akira walks into the prison tent with a bottle of wine and the pants she stole... did she change pants?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 58